What's new

Alien Quadrilogy available in Richmond, VA -- NOW (1 Viewer)

Greg S

Supporting Actor
I won't mention the name (per forum rules) but found this set at a local store on Brook Road here in Richmond, VA.

This thing looks VERY NICE!!!

In case you want it early. Price was a tad high (over $75) but if you want it early here is your shot.

GOOD LUCK!!

Greg

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
Same here, I saw several of the box sets out last night at a Southern California retailer. At first I thought that maybe I had missed the street date on this one.

The set does look very cool - a sticker on the set boasts of over 50 hours in total! Who has that kind of time?

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
I saw this on the shelf while searching for a deal on a Gamecube. it was priced at 76.87. I think I'll wait for street date...

Harold Wazzu

Supporting Actor
Yeah one of the retailers here had an ad with it in it for 69.99 but never had it in stock, saying they wouldn't get it til Dec 2nd but the ad is only for Thurs,Fri,Sat, so I was like WTF? I got a raincheck in case they plan on selling it for a higher price once they do get it.

Nick T Robot

Supporting Actor
Yeah one of the retailers here had an ad with it in it for 69.99 but never had it in stock, saying they wouldn't get it til Dec 2nd but the ad is only for Thurs,Fri,Sat, so I was like WTF
I'm pretty sure that will get them in trouble with the studio. It's one thing if a store puts it out early, but to advertise it at a price before the street date (even if they technically aren't breaking the street date) sounds bad.

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I wonder if the fact that the The Alien Legacy set was released a while ago is confusing a few vendors. Most of those retail clerks, after all, are not like most of us. I am always pleasantly surprized, for example when a clerk says, "Oh good, you're getting the widescreen version." (Which, sadly, I have only heard a few times in DVD's history.)

Mark

Edwin_H

Stunt Coordinator
I picked mine up on Thursday at my local store. It came to 80 bucks with tax, but I figure I'll go back this week and get them to price match and credit me back the difference. By the way, its a freaking awesome set(as if you didnt know already). Best set ever.

-Edwin

Nick T Robot

Supporting Actor
I am always pleasantly surprized, for example when a clerk says, "Oh good, you're getting the widescreen version." (Which, sadly, I have only heard a few times in DVD's history.)
I've actualy had retailers push the foolscreen version on me. I got the first Lord of the Rings:The Fellowship of the rings with Blockbuster's 10 Rental Card offer. When I came to pick up the DVD the day it came out they tried to tell me I put down that I wanted fullscreen. I wasn't asked when I first got the card. I told them politely that I would NEVER pick "fullscreen" over widescreen because I like to see the whole movie. I think they just got more fullscreen than wide and wanted to get rid of them. I did recieve widescreen.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks