What's new

Alien on Blu? (1 Viewer)

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
Any ideas if the Alien Quad will make it to Blu?

Thanks for your time here and I will also give my shout out to you for the incredible Blade Runner bd.

Scott D S

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott Saslow
Is it possible that some of the more crowded commentaries (I'm think of Alien and Aliens) could be split back into their original sessions? For example, for Aliens, we could get Cameron's full-length solo track, and a second track with extended bits from everyone else... assuming there's enough material.

And don't forget the complete Ridleygrams gallery from Alien.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Having said all that, your DVDs are some of the best ever produced and I (along with everyone else) can't wait to see what's next!

Real Name
Charles de Lauzirika
Well, I think it's reasonable to assume that at some point, most of the popular titles in any studio's catalog will eventually go Blu. It's probably not so much a matter of "if" as "when."

Regarding splitting up the commentaries, that might be easier said than done. For instance, I actually really love the current edit of the "Aliens" commentary as it incorporates the absolute best of each recording session and flows together nicely. If such an opportunity ever presented itself, I'd hate to ruin that flow and have to use less interesting material to fill in the gaps generated by breaking up the single track. But it's certainly worth considering.

Merrick Gearing

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Merrick

Charles,

Allow me to say that I considered your work on the ALien Quadrilogy to be some of the best Ive seen and to this day is still my favorite dvd set.
On that note, Ive got a few questions:

How good is the current master of Aliens? Has it been remastered since 1999?
Its one of those films that I expect would have a lot of grain.

Also, I consider the new cut of Alien 3 to be one of the best things to come out of dvd, and I was curious how you were able to convince Fox to allow you to make that cut and if its possible that an uncut Alien 3 documentary ever be released?

Doug Otte

Supporting Actor
I, too, loved the set and the wonderful job you did on it...except the neologistic title of the box, which was probably not your idea.

Doug

WillG

Senior HTF Member

In any case, it would be great to also get the original Ridley Scott commentary on a future release. From my understanding, disc capacity issues precluded it from being on the Quadrilogy release.

Also maybe taking another stab at getting Fincher on board for a commentary on Alien 3

RickardL

Supporting Actor
Any news or rumours/hints about Alien on bluray?
Next year seems a like a good candiate though, 25th of May 2009 is the
30th Anniversary of the release of Alien... how time flies!

Scott D S

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott Saslow
Since Fox is adding exclusives to their Blu-Ray catalog titles, maybe we'll get a commentary with Nick Redman, Jon Burlingame, and Jeff Bond, along with an isolated score in DTS 5.1 (at least for Alien).

Of course, I don't mean to imply that the existing DVDs are lacking.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif
It's just a trend that Fox seems to be including more material on its Blu-Rays. (ex: The Omen, Young Frankenstein, The French Connection I/II, etc.)

tls36

Agent
Real Name
Tom
Alien would be great on Blu, I also hope to see Bladerunner- I still have my Criterion CAV Laserdisc of this fine film.

Paul Landsmeer

Auditioning
Real Name
Paul Landsmeer

Uhm, Blade Runner was released on Blu last Christmas, so you might want to check your local store. It's a real attractive package that raised the bar for Blu-Ray special editions.

RickardL

Supporting Actor
The DIgital Bits reports in the Rumor Mill that all or some of the ALIEN
films will come on bluray within 12 months!

I guess it is Alien in May for the 30th Anniversary but I would not
mind if the whole Quadroligy made it also!!

Roy Batty

Second Unit
Real Name
Jose M Mendez
Now that the expected Blu-Ray release has been somewhat confirmed for the near future, let's hope Fox regain some sense and courage enough to put back the already produced ALIEN3 docu features they vetoed for the QUADRILOGY DVD release.

And, since we're at it, I hope Mr. Lauzirika and Co. remember to fix that supposedly (but not quite) complete ALIEN story-board gallery.

Anyway, as long as Lauzirika is involved, we can rest assured we'll be getting our money's worth (bar Fox's meddling, of course).

Brian Borst

Screenwriter
I have a feeling these will not be new masters, but the same used for the Quadrilogy. And please just leave the grain on Aliens intact, it was shot that way, after all.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks