What's new

Alien 5? ...and Alien 6 as well?? Fun rumors! (1 Viewer)

Rex Bachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rex Bachmann
Andy Olivera wrote (post #8):

No, it has never been done on film, and probably for the same reason that the background of the aliens' culture was discarded: Hollywood producers believe that only "flash-and-boom" makes for successful, crowd-pleasing "sci-fi" (or) horror movies (although the original Alien was certainly much more than that), because today's (young) audiences won't sit still for---[ahem!]---what used to be called "exposition" or for mood-building. Are they right???

As far as I can see, none of the producers considering or pursuing sequels has any interest in the aliens themselves, only an interest in rehashing Aliens in one form or another over and over again. So, whatever gets produced in future, don't expect to ever see the "dots" of the aliens' backstory connected.

Also---before anyone chimes in to correct me---, as I remember it, the original was under severe budget constraints. It cost, if I recall correctly, about $10-11,000,00 in 1978 bucks, which, in those days, had the studio execs chewing the scenery. Some of the curtailment---but not all!---was surely due to these budgetary factors.

Bryant Trew

Second Unit
Did any of you guys see the Dark Horse alien comics where they do get on earth? These are about 10 years old and wonderfully-illustrated.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks