What's new

Alien 5? ...and Alien 6 as well?? Fun rumors! (1 Viewer)

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member
I like the Cameron/Scott concept of a prequel to the first Alien better.

The treatment Scott quoted from sounds like the same old, tired Ripley storyline.

Chris James

Stunt Coordinator
Number five is set on Earth, with the planet under attack from alien warrior drop ships, which made their debut in the original "Alien" movie.
Why can't people understand that the "derelict spacecraft" was NOT the aliens? Do people NOT see the "Space Jockey?"

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Checking the box office of the past two films, I'm not sure the superlative "ultra" is applicable.

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
with the planet under attack from alien warrior drop ships, which made their debut in the original "Alien" movie
Like others have said, there IS NO alien dropship. The "alien" race are a race of parasites. No real technology of their own at all.

In fact, after reading the excellent Alien vs. Predator books, you really get a great understanding of both races.

The "alien" race has no technological understanding. They're just vicious as all hell, and resilient to many extremes. The "Predators", or "Yaut'ja", use the aliens for their hunting packs. The goal is a queen skull. Young Yaut'ja warriors get "blooded", if it's their 1st hunting party, by a older pack leader.

It's all pretty cool stuff...if you like either or both story lines.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
There have been rumors about these movies for a long time I just wish they would come to fruition.
I ve heard rumors that Cameron may produce and write but not direct. Ive even heard that Ridley scott may be involved.
I think its a great idea IF they do it right.

Id start first by getting Hicks and Newt back. They never should have killed them.

Andy Olivera

Screenwriter

The problem is that people assume the Space Jockey, or his species, were using the aliens as weapons like the Company had plans to do. It's a logical assumption, though incorrect...

DavidAC

Stunt Coordinator
I was salivating at the the idea of Scott/Cameron team up for an Alien movie, is that still just a rumor or is it looking like it might happen? I think a prequel would be cool, other than that I don't know.

Rex Bachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rex Bachmann
Not necessarily true. It's been hinted that the aliens have a humanlike intelligence from the beginning. The best examples of this, to my recollection are:

[a] In Aliens, the power is turned off in the compound the Marines are holed-up in. To the claim, "They've cut the power!"

Hudson responds: "How could they cut the power?!? They're animals!!!" (Well, maybe not.)

[b] In Alien: Resurrection, the captured aliens kill one of their own and let its acidic blood burn an escape hole into their prison chamber floor. And, in an act that seems to belie your claim, they lure one of the soldiers (or marines) into the chamber and use on him the very same liquid nitrogen (by button-push action!!!) that the mad scientists had used to keep them under control. All with a toothy grin.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

It's been quite a while since I've seen the film, but at this point aren't the aliens in the "prison chamber" hybrids that have incorporated human DNA and, therefore, are more intelligent than the generic aliens from the prior movies? At least that's sort of what I remember.

Rex Bachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rex Bachmann
Malcolm R wrote (post #12):

I don't remember that being so specifically, but that could well be. They are the descend[a]nts of the queen alien removed from the Ripley clone, no? (Ripley clone: "I'm the monster's mother.") We see later that there are human hybrids (abominations) in the labs of the ship's scientists. But, the question has always been in the background, whether the aliens not only parasitize their hosts, but also absorb some of their genetic material during gestation, as well.

In Alien 3, the monster of the piece is partially doglike from its canine host (Ripley: "I've never seen one of them quite like this one."), and all of those monsters were hatched from a queen that (presumably) itself resulted from being hosted by a higher intelligence (aboard the so-called "Space Jockey's" ship, if not by other human hosts), so it also had DNA affects from others, besides the dog. And, if you think about it, seeing that these beings can easily go from one kind of host to another from generation to generation, one could postulate that each generation has new DNA from all over the place. The original alien met with in Alien (1979) could already have had DNA from sentient intelligent sources, such as the race of the "Space Jockey".

So, in brief, what I'm trying to say is, if you accept the DNA affect from the mere hosting form of reproduction of these beings, they're all "hybrid" anyway, even before the military's mad scientists get involved with them.

Jim Peavy

Supporting Actor

Me too. S. Weaver has said she wouldn't want to have anything to do with this concept, and I say that'd be fine with me. I don't think she's nearly as intergral to the franchise as she's been made out to be.

Rives Elmore

Stunt Coordinator
In Alien: Resurrection, the captured aliens kill one of their own and let its acidic blood burn an escape hole into their prison chamber floor. And, in an act that seems to belie your claim, they lure one of the soldiers (or marines) into the chamber and use on him the very same liquid nitrogen (by button-push action!!!) that the mad scientists had used to keep them under control. All with a toothy grin.
The response to this is the case. If you remember, Ripley died in Part 3 with the last known queen in existence (that humans knew of anyway). Her DNA was merged with the Alien DNA to create not only the new Ripley, but all the Aliens in that movie. Remember Ripley walking into the lab where all her "unsuccesful" clones were maintaned in jars. Some looked like her, others maintaned a more alien look about them. My guess is that this is where they worked out the kinks for both her clone, and the new aliens bred to be smarter because of the inclusion of human DNA (problem solving skills like the scene you mentioned above). Them cutting the power is another story alltogether which fully supports your argument.

Andy Olivera

Screenwriter
In the 1st & 3rd films there was only one alien, and in both they displayed more than just highly evolved instinct. Example: recognition of the trap in Alien 3. In the 2nd & 4th there were many. In the 2nd, they acted together, implying the queen to be the central intelligence(example: the hostage situation; coordinated attacks; the trap in AR). However, they also displayed the ability to act independently within a group when the queen isn't present(the escape in AR).

I wouldn't go so far as to say the intelligence dependent on the initial host, though. Despite the different hosts in the 1st & 3rd, though the creature moved and looked differently, it behaved the same.

This is an aspect I haven't considered before, so I'll definitely give it more thought...

Rex Bachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rex Bachmann
Malcolm R wrote (post #12):

I, at least, have not gone that far. (Notice I said they had a humanlike intelligence.) Their level (or quality) of intelligence need have nothing to do with their biological imperative to reproduce by parasitism. However "intelligent" they might become, they would still likely reproduce (and, therefore, behave toward other species) the same way. The creature's "smarts" in avoiding entrapment in the lead works in Alien 3, while indicative of "intelligence", wouldn't necessarily need to be at a human's level. I think dogs, as predators, are smart enough to avoid traps, even some set by man. And that creature was "born" of a dog (but its true parent, the queen that produced its egg, was likely "born" of human or "Space Jockey" hosts on the planet where humanity originally found it in the first movie).

Kristoffer

Second Unit
Ok if avp goes well let's hope Fox makes Alien 5 and 6!
A cool idea would be( I think.) ; In the fifth the space jokcies invade the earth and of course using their biological weapon the Alien! This would end in a cliffhanger and then be ended in the sixth with Ripley going to the Alien homeworld to kill them all! And then finally die herself at the end ( and no there wouldn't be any dna left since she get's pulverized:D )
Then Ridley scott could direct the first and James cameron the second, or the other way around and produce for each other. what do you think of that idea?

Robert Anthony

Senior HTF Member
I know this is just an old thread brought to life, so what I'm about to say is probably old news, but James Cameron and Ridley Scott will not touch another Alien movie now that Alien vs Predator is being made.

Cameron went to Fox and told them he would produce and write Alien 5, and he and Ridley had been talking, so the move was that Cameron writing and Producing, Scott directing, and there you go. There was one condition.

They COULD NOT make Alien vs Predator first. If they did that, Cameron would walk and they could forget it.

Fox, looking at the wildly overheated negative opinions of Alien 3, and the poor box office take of both Alien 3 and Resurrection, figured they might as well just do the Alien vs Predator thing since the "Franchise" probably wouldn't last the 2 films anyway, Scott and Cameron or no.

So they handed the reins to Anderson and we're getting what we're getting: Predator 3 and Alien 0, The Prequel, all in one.

So Anderson better pull an unadulterated miracle out of his butt on this one, because not only does it have to live up to "AvsP" fanboys expectations, but it's got to justify fox's decision to forgo Cameron and Scott's re-involvement with the series.

Good luck.

Why would the "Space Jockey's" attack Earth? In the original "Alien"
the Nostromo went to the planet because of what they thought was a distress signal, but the crew later discovered the signal was a warning to stay away from the planet.
I would think that action would come from a friendly race telling other sentients to stay away.
Also, has it ever been determined just how the "Space Jockey", his ship, and the "Aliens" interconnect in the mythos? I remember buying a book about the movie in 1979 and in it it showed H.R.Geiger had made drawings of a pyramid and "glyphs" showing the alien lifecycle, but that part was removed from the script. So, in that respect the "Alien" did have a society in that version of the script.
And lastly, has it ever been explained how the "Predator's" evolved their society and technology. They seem to only hunt so how did they get so tech. advanced? Is there a caste or something like that?
Thoughts, please. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks