What's new

Alien 3 Director's Cut? (1 Viewer)

Pontus

Auditioning
As everybody knows Fox has a new Alien DVD slated for 2002 release. But I'm really disappointed with the Alien 3 DVD release. I want the David Fincher Cut of that one. A crappy bootleg VHS copy exists of the Director's Cut, but I really want a high definition super sound and picture release of it. The theatrical cut is a compromise I believe.

Is there any info regarding any different cut of Alien 3 being released on DVD?

Scott W.

Second Unit
It's been stated many times that David Fincher wants nothing to do with the movie when it comes to a SE or a DC. I'm apart of the minority that loves Alien 3 but things do not lookgood in the forseeable future for a new release. There is some deleted footage that people can watch if they research sites on the net, although it's crappy quality. Whatever though.
Scott

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I would love to see some attention given to this title, because I think it merits it. Unfortunately, the hard decisions made at the start of it pretty much nailed the coffin for this to ever be a favored title, so I don't think anyone would press to create an SE of it. It also doesn't help that the director has practically disowned it.

Count me in as the minority, but not a hopeful one.

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
I would love to see A3 'restored' to its full glory...this film and the first are my all time favorites.. #2 & 4?-fugedabowditt!...(imho)

...and please FOX, unless Ridley Scott wants a crack at #5, his original vision of life

*before* the NOSTROMO landed, let this franchise die in peace...no more tired

sequels, or 'Vs. PREDATOR' nunsense....

Brad_W

Screenwriter
Mark,

I agree with you about letting the series die, but I disagree about Aliens VS. Predator. If someone could pull it off in a cool way, I would LOVE to see that.

In Predator 2 when you get to look at the Predator's trophies and see the Xenomorph trophy, I gets me excited to think about such a film project.

andreasingo

Stunt Coordinator
I think Alien 3 could have been an exceptional film but it wasn't. The problem with Alien 3 (for me off course) is it's incredibly uneven. Excellent atmosphere, good acting, awesome score. Unfortunately the story doesn't make sense and the alien effects don't even come close to the first films, basically the effects looks fake. Another problem is some very underdeveloped characters.

Maybe the directors cut can fix the plothole and character problems. I would love to see the directors cut if only to able to see Finchers original vision.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
I'd be happy if they simply put out a 2-disc set with the bootleg cut of Alien3 on the second disc. I don't mind if it is sources from a vhs tape.

The recent Highlander title proved you don't need to have an alternate cut in any particular quality in order to still be enjoyable (on Highlander: Endgame, the second version was a rough cut with time code and all!).

I sent some guy $20 for a vhs of Alien3 rough cut and never got anything...

bill lopez

Second Unit
I remember seeing a clip on Entertainment Tonite back before ALIEN 3 opened and it showed a group of people in white space outfits running inside a space station. Of course this scene never appeared in the movie. Anyone know what this scene was about? :confused:

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
I have seen the "Director's Cut" of ALIEN 3 and it is much more watchable. The film still has problems and is still not as good as the first two, but it makes much more sense. I enjoyed it quite a bit and would love to see it get a proper release. Doesn't look like that's gonna happen any time soon, unfortunately.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks