What's new

Alice (1 Viewer)

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
Rec'd my Alice set and for a Warner Archive Discs... they look like they were pressed to sell at stores. they don't look like DVD-R's at all? Is this typical. They look like a Normal CD / DVD on the bottom side.

Currently at work so just testing out the first EP on my work computer... looks like the iTunes download to me but DVD video quality so I am pleased.

John Stell

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Stell
Warners is starting to release pressed sets on some of their multi-disc offerings. In addition to Alice, the recent season release of Without A Trace and the Crime Does Not Pay shorts collection are also pressed vs burned. However, this will not be on all sets and it will not extend to individual titles. Lastly the pressings will be limited much like the Universal/TCM set up, that is, there will be a limited pressing and after they run out future sets will be burned.

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
John Stell thanks for that info I was not aware... makes this first pressing so to speak more collectable for sure!

Here is a pic for those interested.

d2373033_Alice1.jpeg

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
What are the running times of the episodes?

EDIT: I checked Sitcoms Online's review, and they all appear to be the same lengths as they were on iTunes, which is good

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I'd like to do my "air organ" with the opening titles. (I just mean acting like I'm playing the organ where one is not present, nothing else... :p )

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
Does anyone want a code for WARNER ARCHIVE for $5.00 off a purchase! Would be great to use towards ALICE Season 1 set!

HERE is the CODE... If it doesn't let you apply it to the order then I will assume someone has used the code.

1768-983a-628a-5762-295d

classictvfan40

Second Unit
Real Name
Ron
Powell&Pressburger said:
John Stell thanks for that info I was not aware... makes this first pressing so to speak more collectable for sure!
Here is a pic for those interested.
How can you tell they are pressed release dvds?? I did buy Without a Trace too.

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
If they are pressed the bottoms of the discs look store bought more silvery than say a CD-R or DVD R Where sometimes they look blue/purplish

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
Originally Posted by classictvfan40 /t/239920/alice/30#post_3940037
Just got mine in the mail today!

I am going thru my season 1 set so fast I hope they plan on Season 2 soon since a lot of people may have downloaded S1 from iTunes already .... but I am in for every season if they will release them.

derosa

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Grant
Powell&Pressburger said:
Cool found the link...
http://www.amazon.com/Alice-The-Complete-First-Season/dp/B0089BSLKS/ref=sr_1_15?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1339689551&sr=1-15http://www.assoc-amazon.com/e/ir?t=hometheaterforum-20&l=ur2&o=1
It isn't a bad price... if you have PRIME and want it asap. Sounds like they could have some stock soon. My order for overnight should hopefully ship out today from Warner Archive and I paid 48.23 w/ shipping and tax. But then again I am too impatient to wait any longer and want it for the weekend.
July 12th ship date has been added! great for us Canadian folks who can't get shipping from WAC.

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
Amazon Video on Demand:
http://www.amazon.com/Pilot/dp/B000RVP5NY/ref=sr_1_2?s=instant-video&ie=UTF8&qid=1340291488&sr=1-2&keywords=alice
The Grit Kissing May Now Begin.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Oh, yeah? Well, here's some more grit-kissing to get done!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0016L2JWO/ref=pd_sim_mov_aiv_2

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
Yes, I Had Just Noticed That Both Seasons of Flo Have Been Added to AIV. I would never have suspected this. Perhaps they have no plans to release the show on DVD so they decided to go ahead and post it as a Video On Demand title. Sweet. I haven't seen this show since it first aired, 10 Million years ago. I don't know if it was ever even rerun or appeared in any syndicated form.

Towergrove

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sarah
Originally Posted by David Rain /t/239920/alice/30#post_3942590
Yes, I Had Just Noticed That Both Seasons of Flo Have Been Added to AIV. I would never have suspected this. Perhaps they have no plans to release the show on DVD so they decided to go ahead and post it as a Video On Demand title. Sweet. I haven't seen this show since it first aired, 10 Million years ago. I don't know if it was ever even rerun or appeared in any syndicated form.

I loved Flo. Thankfullly VOD also means download to own which I just did with my Amazon purchase. Hope to see this on the Warner Archive sometime.

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
David Rain said:
I may be mis-remembering, but I think I saw Flo playing on one of the cable superstations back in the mid '80s.

Kasey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kasey
I have no interest in downloads, but I hope with the overwhelmingly positive response to Alice, WA will decide to make Flo also available as a MOD release.

I remember the night Flo premiered. I was 5. Took my bath, put on my pjs, and enjoyed the show. I hated that she left "Alice."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks