alice

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by marcSo, Jul 1, 2006.

1. marcSo

marcSo Stunt Coordinator

Well.Kiss My Grits.I just got a chance to watch the alice dvd that came out this week.I went through the 6 episodes fairly quick it was great to revisit this show that I haden't seen in years.also I did not know that william asher directed some of the alice episodes.william asher who directed or produced bewitched.I hope this show is selling well on dvd so that we get season sets of alice.not just these 6 episodes.

2. David Rain

David Rain Screenwriter

Dave
    I'm flipping my wig for season sets. The problem is that this show has not been seen in reruns for quite a while so that coveted young demographic likely knows little about this show so that might hurt sales. However, apparantly Alice may be headed back to reruns on the I network (formerly PAX). Perhaps this will boost sales a bit when people remember/discover how funny this show was.

Sincerely,

Sister Bubbles Turner

3. David Rain

David Rain Screenwriter

Dave
    I'm flipping my wig for season sets. The problem is that this show has not been seen in reruns for quite a while so that coveted young demographic likely knows little about this show so that might hurt sales. However, apparantly Alice may be headed back to reruns on the I network (formerly PAX). Perhaps this will boost sales a bit when people remember/discover how funny this show was.

Sincerely,

Sister Bubbles Turner

4. Aryn Leroux

Aryn Leroux Screenwriter

The channel formerly known as pax now called "i" will be showing alice in syndication starting sometime in august. other shows they will be airing include the following Welcome Back, Kotter, Chico and the Man, Scarecrow & Mrs. King, Mama's Family, and Wonder Woman, and more recent hits including The Wonder Years, Growing Pains, Perfect Strangers and The Wayans Bros, among others. I believe "i" has the rights to the entire warner tv library now so there should be other shows appearing down the road to.

whoops looks like you beat me to it...

5. Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley Producer

This was a top-notch show. I think it might attract some of the "Golden Girls" fans in terms of quality. And of course some of the ladies in that diner could have dropped in on Dorothy at any time and felt quite at home. I know for a damn fact though, we'll never see all the seasons on dvd unless we all buy this disc, and then get all our relatives to buy it as well. In other words, "She was just passin' through, but if things work out, she's gonna stay awhile..."

6. Phyll

Phyll Stunt Coordinator

Has anyone heard if Warner Brother's will now start season sets of Alice? I think it did fairly well on Amazon.com. I think it made it to #43 or something. That is pretty good for a best of collection I think. I really have my doubts about WB putting this out though. If it comes back to cable, I think that would boost sells.

7. Bob Hug

Bob Hug Screenwriter

8. marcSo

marcSo Stunt Coordinator

A Critic is nothing more than one person's opinion. If I had listened to a crictics opinion on movies I would have missed out on some really great movies.

9. MatthewA

MatthewA Lead Actor

Matthew
    How long are the episodes on the disc?

I would have watched the show on TNN but I could not stand the godawful time compression.

10. Pavan_P

Pavan_P Second Unit

SitcomsOnline will have a review soon. As soon as they send the set.

11. David Rain

David Rain Screenwriter

Dave
    I watched the reruns on E! a few years ago and despite being badly edited this is still the great show that you remember. Especially the first few years with Flo (and then Belle). If season sets do emerge I'll be getting all of them up until around the arrival of Jolene, whom I found funny but by then the show wasn't quite what it had been before.