What's new

Alice in Wonderland (1 Viewer)

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
The last release of Alice in Wonderland was a step up, but is in no way definitive. I'm still not liking the color choices, especially the look of Alice. She appears really dull, with her hair color changing from scene to scene from blonde, to brownish, to almost green. In fact, in the Caucus race scene, I notice something funny so I still stepped...and her hair actually goes from blonde to blue from frame to frame! I don't know if this was a flaw inherent in the original film or in the color correction for the dvd, but I have a feeling it was with the later. All of the yellows in the release have a dull, almost tan look to them.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I didn't notice the hair changing color. Then again, I couldn't wait for it to end I don't think I was paying much attention.

I'll have to try it out when I get home tonight.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
I have so many versions of this, are you asking about the one with Kristine DeBell from 1976?

Jon Hertzberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jonathan

I don't know if he was, I doubt it, but I would love to see the DeBell version get a release, in its uncut form, of course.

Jeffrey Nelson

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeffrey Nelson
This is one of my fave Disneys. I've got the really old laserdisc of it. I haven't picked up any DVD release yet. I'm saddened to hear that the color schemes on my old LD might be better.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale

Package reads, "Theatrical Version" but , it is the "R" rated cut.

Should have started a new thread, but, since I had mentioned Alice in Wonderland - An Adult Musical Comedy (1976) and Jon was so kind to reply, we'll just continue here.
Found this DVD in my favorite record store today, the copyright is 2008.
BTW, Ebert reviewed this flick, he liked it!
Alice in Wonderland :: rogerebert.com :: Reviews

He & I both thought Kristine Debell was adorable and I've alway had a huge collection of Charles Lutwidge Dodgson stuff so this was something I had to add to the collection.
Had to.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks