Alice In Wonderland DVD recalled?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Paul_Nyman, Feb 17, 2004.

1. Paul_Nyman

Paul_Nyman Second Unit

[​IMG]

I was shopping through Wal-Mart today and asked a staffer where Disney's Alice In Wonderland SE DVD is, as none where on the shelf? He said it was returned back to Disney per a internal memo recently? Was it a production problem???

2. Ernest Rister

Ernest Rister Producer

I was shopping at Wal-Mart on Saturday to pick up DVDs for Valentine's Day (Gone With the Wind for my mom, My Fair Lady:SE for my 14-year-old step-niece, The Muppet Movie for my 3-year-old niece, a Wiggles disc for my toddler nephew), and there were plenty of copies of Alice on the shelves. The title is selling extremely well according to the latest sales charts, and my advice to you is to ignore what the Wal Mart employee told you for now, and try another store. If Alice had been recalled a'la The Rescuers in 1999, I think that story would be everywhere, and we'd have heard about it by now.

The disc *does* have an unadvertised gem -- The "Zip a Dee Doo Dah" and "Brer Rabbit Runs Away" sequences from Song of the South, which can be found on the "One Hour in Wonderland" TV show supplement on Disc Two...if there is any reason why the disc would be recalled, the inclusion of those "forbidden" sequences would be my first guess.

3. soop.spoon

soop.spoon Supporting Actor

Maybe the BallMart guy was refering to the old version.