What's new

Alice Faye Collectiom (1 Viewer)

Charles H

Screenwriter
Alice Faye played in another film (in which Shirley Temple had a four line part): NOW I'LL TELL, based on the life of Arnold Rothstein (the gambler behind the fix of the 1919 Black Sox scandal), played by Spencer Tracy. It would be a major coup if this rare film--based on a "tell-all" by Mrs. Rothstein--were brought to dvd. Faye got excellent reviews as The Other Woman. Don't know what the print condition is, but a print was viewed by AFI for the catalog.

Corey

Screenwriter

Off topic, but they need to release those Temple sets in slimlines because I have her Ultimate Collection (volumes 1-4) and they take up a whole shelf.

Nick Eden

Stunt Coordinator
I passed on the Alice Faye boxset as I had 2 of the 4 releases from region 2. I bought the "missing" 2 separately.
My question is, does anyone own both the region 1 and the region 2 versions of The Gang's All Here? I wondered whether it was felt that the earlier (pre the latest restoration) region 2 version is closer to the correct look of the film.

KellyVO

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kelly
So I found this on Alice Faye's official website:

On the Avenue" MISSING INSERT

It has come to our attention that some of the "On the Avenue" DVDs are missing the paper insert inside the box. If your DVD does not have the insert, let us know and we will arrange to have one sent to you

^I was wondering why my dvd didn't have anything. I kinda thought nothing of it though.

alistairKerr

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Alistair
Just wanted to say a big "thank you" to George Ulrich and whoever else was responsible for making sure that the "missing" Alice Faye "On the Avenue" DVD insert was mailed out - I received mine today: as I live in the UK, I wasn't holding my breath - but it arrived! Cheers, guys! Now, how about a second Alice DVD set, Fox?
Alistair

Dan McW

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan

I googled "Jones Family" and "Fox Movie Channel" and came across Bert's post from 2006.

FMC unearthed a Jones Family film today, "Love on a Budget," and will reair it Sept. 11. Don't know if it was a premiere for FMC, but it seems they're showing several titles this year that have never turned up in the four-plus years I've had the channel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks