What's new

Alias vs. Grammys (1 Viewer)

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Just discovered that Alias is NOT a rerun on Sunday night. This is not how TV is supposed to work. There was a time when I had two S-VHS decks hooked up and this would not have been a problem.
Aarrggggg. ;)

Jim

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
ONE reason to watch the Grammys, and I'm going to tape it: Simon and Garfunkle

7000 reasons to watch Alias

:)

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Simon & Garfunkel have re-reunited numerous times. On the second ever SNL, October 18, 1975, they sang a few songs together. Paul greeted Arnie with, "So you've come crawling back!"

Vlad D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Vladimir Derenoncourt
I never miss Alias, but this sunday I'll tape it and watch the Grammys since its going to be in HD and I'm curious to see how they pull it off.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
I just want to see if Drudge was making up that story that CBS would cut the microphones of anyone who said any opinions on the air. Sounded like drudge, but I want to see.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Who cares? It's the Grammys. It's not like they're real awards. They're like the Golden Globes.

I think Jennifer Garner kicking ass is more important (yes, IMPORTANT!) than the Grammys.

Jeff Kohn

Supporting Actor
I'll flip over at some point to see how good (or bad) the HD/5.1 presentation is, but I have no interest in watching the Grammy's, because I actually have good taste in music.

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
I can watch them both in excellent quality, fast-forward through commercials, rewind if something happens I want to see again, and dub off Grammy performances I want to keep (Norah Jones, for sure), and not use a VCR.

TiVo rules! :D

Gary King

Second Unit
Homer: When is anyone going to give me an award?

Marge: They already did, you have a Grammy!

Homer: I meant an award that's worth winning.

Mr. Simpson's opinions do not reflect those of this show's creators, who don't consider the Grammy an award at all.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I haven't felt a need to watch the Grammys in years. Seems like a non-decision to me..."Alias" all the way.

Stephen Orr

Screenwriter
No Grammys for us. Sounds like it's going to be a political soapbox. I'm opting for Alias and Dragnet.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
then turned it off right after Fred Durst stated his views
Does anyone really care what Fred Durst thinks? He's not exactly someone I'd think of as scholarly. If it's someone who does something more than just talk, complain, or go with what the majority of their peers say, then I don't mind them expressing their opinions. But certainly NOT at an award show.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
But certainly NOT at an award show.
That's my point. I don't care who it is or what their views are, I don't want them spouting off their opinions at an awards show (with the possible exception of it being done in good comedic fashion), unless the awards show itself is somehow affiliated with politics.

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
That's my point. I don't care who it is or what their views are, I don't want them spouting off their opinions at an awards show (with the possible exception of it being done in good comedic fashion), unless the awards show itself is somehow affiliated with politics.
Doesn't really bother me. It doesn't matter if I turn on the TV or Radio they're all spewing the something. Fred Durst might actually have more info on the situation than the folks on some of these TV and Radio shows. They were experts on OJ, the Menendez's, Susan Smith, then JFK Jr. Plane Crash, Miners stuck in a mine, and now Terrorism. I've given up any hope for weekly entertainment except for...

Jennifer Garner and Norah Jones. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks