What's new

Alias Season Premiere - 09/28/03 - The Two (1 Viewer)

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
So, any ideas on what Syd's scar might have used to be? Whatever it was, it sure looked weird.

Gwon Chang

Stunt Coordinator
Hello???? Did anyone here NOT see Victor Garber's Left Ear? Sheesh! It should've been in the credits!

:D

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
One thing worth mentioning...Sydney has always been adament about not killing when she doesn't have to. She walked right up to that car and killed everyone inside. Shows just how much she's changed as a result of what happened.

Joel C

Screenwriter
post Superbowl show (more stand-alone, kicking random ass)
I don't agree with this at all. I don't think the end of the episode was ANY less story-based or had less continuity. Even the seemingly standalone episodes like the ones with Ethan Hawke and Christen Slater were integral to the plot. And the finale was one big clump of continuity going all the way back to the first season.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
I think the only real difference is that the show (from 2.13-2.21) mostly ended a particular part of the ongoing story in the hour.

It stopped doing the ALIAS thing where the first 7 minutes wrapped up the last episode before getting into something new.

Dave Anderson

Second Unit
This show is getting weak real quick.

I don't mind the lack of realism. The same can be said for 24, and I love that show.

But for Alias, the whole show is just getting tiring to me. Please, don't drag on the Sloan thing. I mean, c'mon, who didn't want to see Sydney kill Sloan in either Season 1 or 2? They can't drag that on forever. I know someone will respond with, "What makes you think she WON'T kill him?" Zzzzzzzzz. It should have happened already.

I feel the same way about the whole Rambaldi issue. C'mon already, get it out there and move on. Don't center the whole show around it.

Also, keep in mind that the primary reason the show has had so many major changes is to try and increase poor ratings.

I was so excited to watch the Season premiere, but I'm real disappointed after seeing it. I don't know what they could have done to satisfy me, but it certainly wasn't what happened on Sunday.

I'll give the show more time, but my excitement has disappeared.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Sydney's scar is about where an appendix scar would be. But I think it's a past knife wound from one of her "forgotten" mission of the past 2 years.

Does anyone know is the show is grounded in the year 2005 currently? Or is it present day 2003 now on the show, and the past 2 seasons were in the past 2 years ago?

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
I mean, c'mon, who didn't want to see Sydney kill Sloan in either Season 1 or 2?
I didn't. Sloane is a great little baddy and Ron Rifkin's performance is stunning. He would be greatly missed. I know eventually he will have to be taken down but in a way he's part of the lifeblood of the show.

P.S. The above post is post 47...

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
Perhaps the Sydney we see assassinating the Russian prime minister dude at the end was not Sydney at all but Sydney's clone! And it's Sydney's clone that will fufill Rambaldi's prophecy and bring utter destruction to the world. Or Sydney was just brianwashed but (I can't believe I'm saying this) the cloning idea sounds for plausible.

Joel C

Screenwriter
That machine was destroyed, and I highly doubt they'll return to that storytelling well.

Dave Morton

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
I thought the scar on Sydney was from the last fight she had with Francie at the end of last years season finale. The clone thing could be plausible.

I also thought Sydney looked a little too buff. Maybe it was her getting into shape for the Daredevil movie or something like that. But her neck seemed to be that of a linebacker. Maybe it's just me though. :frowning:

Lorne.t

Auditioning
I thought it was a great opening to the season.
You have to go with the story and suspend your disbelief.
The reason Sydney "waltzed" into the CIA towards the end of the episode was that it was a homage to the first episode in season 1 ! :)

Tom Meyer

Second Unit
Re: Syd's double life as an assassin --- can you say "The Manchurian Candidate" ? I wouldn't be surprised if Sloan pulled out the old queen of hearts and put the mojo on her to go on another assignment.

Al Shing

Stunt Coordinator
You have to go with the story and suspend your disbelief.
I think if you used to work for one of those outfits, these security breaches just nag at you. Jake 2.0 suffers from the same problem, but probably not for much longer.

John_VI

Second Unit
Why would the Russian assassin's car stop for Sydney? I can think of no other reason than because they knew each other. Sydney was dressed up like a high-priced call girl (God, I love those outfits!!) to trick the audience into thinking that every man - even an international assassin on a mission of utmost importance - actually thinks with his crotch 99.9% of the time and just can't resist a hot babe, regardless of the circumstances.

And if Syd has become a shoot-first-ask-questions-later type of spy, then why didn't she give the Russian assassin a double-tap to the head before approaching him? I think it's because they have a "past".

What the hell is up with Jack's ear? Now I'm going to have to rewatch the episode!! And is Jack physically incapable of smiling? Jeez, his daughter just risked her life and her career to get him out of jail, and all he could manage was his usual pinched expression and a mumbled thank you. Come on, Dad!! Feel the love!!

I loved Syd's "dressing down" of Vaughn. Totally unrealistic ("Even if we had DNA evidence that you were dead, I still would have waited for you!" COME ON!!), but well acted. Syd can do better. Vaughn is such a wussy.

Where's Will? And Irina? And Sark? And Kimball?

Not the greatest episode, but lots of promise.

Kevin_M_M

Stunt Coordinator
the episode didn't blow me away. i liked it fine but having just reqatched season 1 and 2 before the premier, it felt like it was missing something. also, i was hoping for some more of the questions to be answered: how did will survive and she didn't, what about francie?

dad got out of prison and reinstated WAY to easily.

dixon as the head guy better not mean he's not in the field. could they just not get the actor, kendal back?

i still have high hopes. love this show and i'm hoping it start to build some momentum in the next few episodes.

can anyone give a definitive answer on how many episodes and when both will and mom will be back?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks