What's new

Alias Season Premiere - 09/28/03 - The Two (1 Viewer)

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
Well we are less than 20 hours away for the much awaited season premiere of everyone's favorite spy show Alias. Though where we left off last year it sounded like it has become more of a sci-fi show. It has been 21 weeks since the amazing cliffhanger that claims

Sydney is two years into the future though she has no memory of it
It's almost here folks, give it another 17 hours. Interestingly enough, exactly 147 days will have passed between last year's finale and this year's premiere. As many fans of the show know, the number 47 holds special significance in the world of Alias. Coincidence? Yeah probably.

Hopefully J.J. Abrams and crew will keep the Rambaldi mythology tightly knit and it will not suffer the lackluster fate of The X-files mythology. I've recently been going through season one on DVD and it seems that J.J. has planned quite a few things in advance (The 2 frame flash of the Rambaldi symbol in the premiere's opening credits, the red ball, the possibility that Rambaldi may still be alive...) and is extremely well organized. Here's hoping to a great season premiere.

P.S. I can't wait for that 47th episode. You just know they're going to do something with that. It's entitled "Reunion". Hmm....

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I cant wait either.
From what I hear the final moments of the season premiere are a shocker but I would'nt expect anything less from Alias.

On a side note, I was at Disneyland a few months ago and was standing right next to Grg Grumberg and his family. Seems like a nice guy.

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
For a second there, I thought I might of missed the season premier. I was about to kill myself, but then I saw the date on it.

I'm pumped. Can't wait till it comes on.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I'd be like "Will you sign my Felicity set?" lol, as if I carry it around with me...
I was tempted to say hello, enjoy your work but I just didnt feel right bothering him with his family.
His son almost stuck me with a plastic sword and he said, C'mon now, put that down.
I was like, Woahhh.

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
Just less than 20 hours! By the way, DO NOT read this week's TV Guide. It gave away some pretty big spoilers. 2 at least. AARRGGHH!!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Well, tonight's season premiere didn't disappoint this fan. Sydney was kicking butt and taking name, and leaving no prisoners. The upcoming season highlights look pretty entertaining as well. It's good to have this show back!

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Not a very good episode, but planted the seeds for the season very nicely. I didn't expect much else. It had so much baggage to not only answer, but to set up...

A worthy season 3 opener. :)

*** (****)

MattGentry

Second Unit
Hate to be the one negative boy in all this, but ever since the "Super Bowl" episode where the entire series changed, I have hated the show. It went from an amazing show that kept me on the edge of my seat everyday with it's breathtaking stories and intricated plot to just another spy show. After that fatefuly episode after the "Super Bowl", it just hasn't been the same. I hate it when a show like this - so great and one of my personal faves at the time - goes to almost unwatchable for me. In fact, I stopped watching about a month after that episode. Unless I hear otherwise, I'm done for now. My season one DVD set will tide me off...

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Anyone else notice that the girl on the train had a Venus Hum CD and that the version of 'I Feel Love' before Sid 'stopped' the assassin's car was the new one from Blue Man Group (featuring Venus Hum)?

ScottNJ

Auditioning
A good opener, though they have a long way to go. Abrams seems like he is being very careful not to give too much away too quickly....especially since he is used to resolving the normal cliffhangers in about 5 minutes or so. It's going to be an interesting season...looking forward to some answers.

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
Ah yes. Well, this wasn't the greatest episode ever and as AICN pointed out, the weakest J.J. scripted show (Which isn't saying much). It was good and in retrospect, there was really no way to satisfy viewers in just 43 minutes after that mind-blowing finale.

I don't buy Sloane's explanation of the Rambaldi device and I really hope he's bluffing because it's just such an unsatisfying excuse to wrap up 2 years of mythology. What about the idea that he may be alive? There was an episode in season 1 that hinted at this when Syd was talking to this old guy. The name escapes me right now. I can't wait for Irina and Sark to return.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
In the back of my mind, I want this to be a dream, but just like last season's Six Feet Under, it appears it's gonna be "real".

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
"I've lost my keys..."

Good to see Alias back on the air. Not the greatest, but surely another entertaining episode. Sydney was at her best tonight and she'll soon enough make Sloane eat his Peace machine. :D That had to be the lamest story he's told to date.

WHO ;) does he think he's kidding?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
But Sloane met Kane last season, so maybe he did turn a new leaf, or can now walk on rice paper without breaking it...

D

DAN NEIR

Let me start by saying that I came into this show late, the Super Bowl episode was the 1st one I saw. I saw the show from then until the finale and thought it was pretty good and that I would continue watching it next season. Then the dvd for season 1 came out and I got that. I have to say that everything I've seen there on the dvd is way better than what's on now. I still like the show but why did they change the format?? I loved Sydney as a double agent working for the CIA and SD-6. What was the reason given for the change in format?? I hope it's not that people were complaining that the show was too complicated and they decided to dumb it down for the mass audience.(That would be ashame) And now why did they decide to change format again???? Sydney walking around with 2 years missing, her father in jail (thank God that was resolved quick), Vaughn out of the CIA and married, Dixon in charge( I hope this doesn't mean he's just gonna sit behind a desk from now on), Sloane cutting a deal and being out free, the weak Rimbaldi conclusion, and where are Will and Syd's mom?? I know it's just one episode and I enjoyed it but it just seems like the show was better in season 1.

Don Black

Screenwriter
I agree. The plot wasn't very tight. It needed more better cohesion to sell us. Still entertaining though...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks