What's new

Alias Season 4 Packaging Gripes!! (1 Viewer)

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
Great... my least favorite case that I have come across so far! :angry: :thumbsdown:

I personally wish that all releases would come out in the double thinpack boxsets. I love those for the plain reason that they seem secure (I haven't gotten a single floater in them yet atleast) and they take up so less space on the shelf... a 6 disc set only takes up about the room of 2 regular keepcases!

ElijahS

Supporting Actor
It's earlier in the season. Here's the intended (production) order:

Authorized Personnel Only (1)
Authorized Personnel Only (2)
The Awful Truth
Détente
Ice
Nocturne
Echoes
A Man Of His Word
Welcome To Liberty Village
The Index

Also, "Tuesday" was supposed to be the sixteenth episode, but I'm not sure how the other episodes fit in around it.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Out of curiosity, how do you know what the intended order is? Is there anything in one episode that refers to events that hadn't happened yet in their air order? The production order of The X-Files (for example) was defintiely not always the intended order. I'm not saying that you're wrong, I'm curious. :)

ElijahS

Supporting Actor
I saved the TVTome page before TV.com screwed everything up. As far as I can see, the aired order really didn't do too much, if anything, to screw up the continuity since most of the shuffling occured during the self-contained episodes. Of course, I need to see the DVDs to observe whether there are any continuity gaps.

Amit Ashar

Agent
I'll post the list I have when I get home tonight. Most of the changes were in the first half of the season, but there were a few in the second half as well. I don't think the rearranging hurt the major storylines too much, but it explains why, at the beginning of the season, Syd was angry with Sloane in some episodes but seemed fine in others. And it explains why Syd and Vaughn talked about taking it slow in some episodes but then seemed to be okay in others. The major storylines made sense for the most part, but I think they'll flow better if the epsiodes are in the right order.

Amit Ashar

Agent
I got this list from the Television Without Pity boards, and I'm pretty sure the order was confirmed.

Here's the order the episodes aired in:

1 - APO 1
2 - APO 2
3 - The Awful Truth
4 - Ice
5 - Welcome to Liberty Village
6 - Nocturne
7 - Detente
8 - Echoes
9 - A Man of His Word
10 - The Index
11 - The Road Home
12 - The Orphan
13 - Tuesday
14 - Nightingale
15 - Pandora
16 - Another Mister Sloane
17 - A Clean Conscience
18 - Mirage
19 - In Dreams
20 - Descent
21 - Search and Rescue
22 - Before the Flood

And here's the intended order:

1 - APO 1
2 - APO 2
3 - The Awful Truth
7 - Detente
4 - Ice
6 - Nocturne
8 - Echoes
9 - A Man of His Word
5 - Welcome to Liberty Village
10 - The Index
11 - The Road Home
12 - The Orphan
14 - Nightingale
15 - Pandora
16 - Another Mister Sloane
13 - Tuesday
17 - A Clean Conscience
18 - Mirage
19 - In Dreams
20 - Descent
21 - Search and Rescue
22 - Before the Flood

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
I really did notice that whole "taking it slow" thing, and the "hating sloane" thing alter from episode to episode. So I'll be watching in the correct order.

I think one of the later ones might have been shuffled up because of Jennifer's accident, so they reconfigured a later episode to go earlier so she could lie down through most of it.

PaulHan

Auditioning
I'd have hoped for one more Garner commentary - In Dreams. Just her, relating how she dealt with going the Alan Alda on MASH route, as an actor-director for the first time. That was a pretty good episode; who knew she had it in her to *direct*?

Eddy-C

Supporting Actor
Before the season aired I knew that the first 9 episodes were being aired out of order so I recorded them onto VHS's in the production order and they really flow better that way. Yeah, they're still stand alone but Sydney as a character made more sense.

I left "Tuesday" in its broadcast place though. I prefer to watch the last 9 episode arc straight through and Tuesday just breaks up that flow.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks