What's new

ALIAS season 4 ongoing thread (merged) (1 Viewer)

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
Lost will air at 8/7c, then Alias airs in its new timeslot at 9/8c continuing through the 10/9c hour.

Brent Hutto

Supporting Actor
So in 50 words or less, what's to like about Alias? I've never seen a bit of it but have noted the ads they're running leading up to the season premiere tomorrow.

The only thing we've seen Jennifer Garner in is "13 Going On 30" which wasn't exactly a classic. Alias isn't anything like 24 is it?

Usually the only things besides the Fox Sunday night lineup that we watch are Law & Order: Criminal Intent and Cold Case. After the "Mind Hunter" episode we had to quit watching Cold Case because it was getting way too dark and disturbing. So we're kinda looking for another good show to watch in HDTV (and no, CSI doesn't qualify as "good" although they certainly have excellent production values).

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Well, to like, you've got the best action sequences on TV (non-24 category), a likable lead in Jen Garner, a pretty darn good supporting cast, and absolute crazy, go-for-broke-anything-can-happen writing. The downside is an increasingly convoluted macrostory that was kind of absurd to start with. Fortunately, the word is that this season is more fun/upbeat and less soapy than the last.

Jasmine Meathe

Stunt Coordinator
Alias is a really good show for those who have never seen it. It's quality programming...and it does resemble 24 to a point. I"m extremely excited about the Alias/Lost combo! Frees up one night for me while i have an amazing Wednesday night...love it..

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
So who's got the scoop on the 4th season, beginning this Wednesday? Any info on what direction we can expect the show to move in? Is Quentin Tarantino coming back? I still wish they'd bring back Roger Moore.

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
ABC is playing TiVo killing games yet again. In Mountain time zone terms, Lost is airing from 7 to 8:01 as it has been for the last several episodes. Alias is airing from 8:01 to 10 for the premiere and from 8:01 to 9:02 thereafter. It looks like Law and Order will have to be a manual recording from now on with the first two minutes chopped off. I'd love it if the shows were actually longer, but the extra time is just for extra commercials. :thumbsdown:

Brad

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I'd say that's more of a "still" than "again", but, yeah, it's annoying. So, Smallville and Kevin Hill will get the Replay while these get bounced to the VCR for me.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Wow, over six months without Alias! Last Spring, I didn't think I could do it. But, with just one more day 'til the new season, life is looking up again.

Of course, I've totally forgotten what transpired last season. Hopefully, tomorrow's episode will have a good refresher segment.

Ty Zucker

Stunt Coordinator
Woo! It's that time again. Let's start talking about Alias. The season premiere is tomorrow night.

In another thread DaveF says
What we know:
Lauren is dead, shot by Vaughn.
Lauren claims Sydney still doesn't know the truth about her life, but the answers are in a safety deposit box in Germany.
Syd goes to get the box, opens it and starts crying as she reads the papers. Jack walks in and says she wasn't supposed to find the papers.
Nadia and Sloane are off looking for the Sphere together (after Sloane's using of Nadia).
Vaughn and Jack seem to have more in common now than in the past (re: certain "methods" they've used to get things done).

Anyone have anything to add?

P.S. I can't wait for some good quotes from Marshall!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I don't think you can assume Lauren is dead, just my gut speaking outloud again. (I'm not privvy to any spoiler-info).

MikeFR

Supporting Actor
I just got caught up on season 3 on dvd over the weekend so I can actually watch Alias as it airs for the first time :)

You can never assume anything with Alias, but she did get shot atleast 3 times and then she proceeded to fall down into a large hole. (Then again Vaughn got stabbed in the back, and was right back in action)

One thing I don't understand from the end of season 3 is why Lauren would tell Sydney the safety deposit box number as she is dying. I just don't see why she would use her 'last breath' to help Sydney.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
In reference to Lauren

I think she's dead but look at the Francie doppleganger. She got a major a$$ kicking and was shot so many times that she looked like Swiss cheese and she lived through it:)

I used spoilers just in case someone hasn't caught the show in the last two years.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
in NYC they were flying a huge banner around by a helicopter Monday morning. It read "ALIAS: The New Season, Wednedsay at 9:00" or something. And this was the coolest part, attached they had a cutout of a woman, and she had bright red hair, with all black on (it was really high up, so you could barely see it) made to look like Sydney was clutching the banner dangling from it. It was really neat. Hopefully the extra promotion will help the ratings a bit, as well as the timeslot.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I think the timeslot is gonna help Alias alot. The only problem will be that it will be hard to fully understand everything that happens if you've never seen the show before and that could make some people tune out.

From my own experience, I started watching the show about halfway through the second season and there was alot of stuff that was pretty confusing to me until I got the Season One DVDs. I remember watching those discs and many times saying "Ohhhhh, that's why that's like that" or "Ohhhh, that's why they did that." I was able to watch and enjoy the episodes before that but the overall story was a little confusing having missed 30-some episodes before it.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Phase One was thankfully done in a way that you could almost get the show without seeing any episodes before it. Hopefully JJ Abrams did the same with the season premiere. making it great for new fans as well as longtime watchers.

MikeFR

Supporting Actor
I considered that, but I still think that because Sydney's goal is to find the truth about herself, Lauren was actually 'helping' her to do that. :)

Anyway it was just a little thing that bugged me.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
You know you're desperate to see the season premiere when you dream about watching it the night before. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks