What's new

ALIAS season 4 ongoing thread (merged) (1 Viewer)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
The zombie thing...I'm not sure how I feel about it. But the show was well done for what it was. The ending - definitely a surprise, but I don't see the Vaughn haters liking the development. I'm indifferent about him, but not sure how interested I am in seeing him play a more prominent role.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Glad to see I'm not the only one who jumped out of my seat at the end. That scared the piss out of me! :D

Definitely one of the greatest cliffhanger endings I've seen in a while(on any show) and while I thought this was by far the weakest season of Alias yet that ending will have me coming back again next year. :emoji_thumbsup:

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Holy crap! When they were driving at the end, and talking about eloping, I kept thinking, "On Her Majesty's Secret Service" ending coming up of somekind. Like many of you, I jumped back too.

John Mansor

Stunt Coordinator
I thought the episode was pretty good and I enjoyed the Rhambaldi storylines. The two false ending really had me thinking there wasn't going to be a cliffhanger. Then bam, Vaughn is not Vaughn and bam, a car crash.

I really hope the pay off for this cliffhanger will be better than the last two years. I was never really satisfied with the explanation for Syd's missing two years or the lockbox in the German bank.

Jason Walstrom

Supporting Actor
Holy crap! When they were driving at the end, and talking about eloping, I kept thinking, "On Her Majesty's Secret Service" ending coming up of somekind.

I was thinking the same thing.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
Lena Olin. Yummy. Don't make her a regular, but I'd love to see her pop up now and then.

Proving that I apparently didn't watch closely, I'm not sure what Sloane is in prison for. In the end, he helped stop things -- exactly what he was supposed to be doing. Comments?

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
I swear I've seen a car crash just like that in some movie, but I can't recall. I think the scene was at night and the car crashing may have been seen out of the passenger's window. Anybody? Anyway, great effect... I jumped back both times.

And thanks for last years cliffhanger recap, Thomas! The old mind ain't what it used to be!

Ric

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
The blocking for that car crash was straight out of The Forgotten with Julianne Moore. Not a good movie, but it has a few marvelously directed scenes.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
In the end, he did the right thing, but in the beginning, he betrayed APO and conspired with Elena, which is what everyone thinks, with the exception of a few.

MikeOle

Auditioning
Wow - that ending caught me off guard. I wasn't even really paying attention and was about to get up and leave the room when the car hit.

I don't know about the zombie thing. The scene where Mom, Dad, and the kids are walking down the street to fight the zombies and the big red ball had me thinking of a bad cross between The Incredibles and Dawn of the Dead. A little too corny for me, but the ending saved the episode.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
The car crash could be a good explanation to take Sydney out of commission for a while in order to cover up Jennifer Garner's pregnancy, if the writers choose to do so.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
Have to agree, great ending.

But one question, was that crash intentional? Meaning, someone didn't want Vaughn to say anything? Or just an accident?

And so many questions on what will happen next season. GREAT cliffhanger.

As for the car crash, THE OC did the same thing the episode before the cliffhanger this season. Ended with one of the main characters getting in a car crash.

Craig J. Koban

Stunt Coordinator
I think that this season's cliffhanger was the best since season two's. I would agree that this season was easily the most messy, lethargic, and narratively unfocused of all of the seasons, but that ending nearly made up for it...can't wait for next year...

Maybe Vaughn is the chosen one that will bring balance to the force...

Whoops...wrong thread! :)

MikeFR

Supporting Actor
Nice ending, I'll be tuning in again next year... I'm just hoping that the payoff is better than this year's clifhanger resolution.

Jack had some great lines in this episode :D

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
There were various times I thought of Star Wars in the past two (or three, last week split into two) episodes (I watched last week's Alias after Star Wars).

Sloane: "Nadia, I am your father. Bring me that box."

When Elena talked to Nadia about joined, it would've been nice to hear Nadia say, "I'll never join you!"

I can't think of any other examples at the moment, maybe more later.

Craig J. Koban

Stunt Coordinator
Jack: I'm trying to have more fun these days...

Hilarious! Almost as good as his line very early in the season:

Jack: (To Sydney): I must not have received an invitation, or maybe you email me one. But, I don't accept e-vites!

This season was not altogether good, but Jack was classic this season!

Greg S

Supporting Actor
Enjoyable final ep. Like you guys that crash made me jump!!

Irena/Jack -- what can say, EXCELLENT!!! Jack is great period!

Marshall/Weiss -- these guys crack me up. They should do more scenes together for sure.

The end -- saw SOMETHING coming but didn't think it would a freakin' car crash, YIKES! Just figured Vaughan would spill his guts just enough to get you to come back next season.

As far as the Vaughan thing goes I would hate to see his character gone as I do like it, of course he was more fun as the vengeful Vaughan from S3 and early S4 but ....

The OBVIOUS quick answer would be that he was a Russian plant like Irena was to Jack although I guess it would need to be something other than the Russians now .... Afterall why would Irena know about him and be so "candid" about it.

I do not think that Rambaldi is done though. It will always be a recurring theme.

BTW the Car Crash is a VERY easy way to do have Jennifer off the show for a bit for pregnancy as they can stick her in the hospital for an extended period. Essentially the other crew could go on a few missions on their own (hence needing Nadia back) and handle things. Also they could "accidentally" uncover info about Vaughan in the process. Leading up to the inevitable reveal between Vaughan and Sidney. Sadly I can almost bet that there will be some "loss of memory" eps in the near future.

Any way nicely done this Season. Sure there were some duds but hey they finished strong IMO.

Greg

Matt Goddard

Stunt Coordinator

... because I'll be upset if Nadia is suddenly walking around at the start of next season just because Jennifer Garner is knocked up. That would rival the last several "resolutions" of the past cliffhangers. Nadia is a zombie right now and it will be extremely lame if she's healed in the first five minutes of the next season premiere while Syd is out for several episodes with her injuries.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks