What's new

ALIAS season 4 ongoing thread (merged) (1 Viewer)

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
He's right. Every time the show comes on I turn to my mom and go "Doesn't the quality on the DVD sets just totally blow this away?" There's nothing like a cropped picture, with white fuzz, and horrible shadows drifting over the screen to make you love DVD.

dan fritzen

Second Unit
I am in favor of the uniterrupted run, if that is truly the case. I would not be surprised to find ABC putting Alias on another night.

Remember all those reality TV shows have higher numbers than reruns, so like others posted we are seeing a year round schedule by the networks.

On another note, I love Alias, only show I watch weekly, but if they shrink the episode count down, I would not have a problem, sometimes they use too much filler in shows, even great shows like this one.

Bart

Stunt Coordinator
I remember reading somewhere that 24 would have a two-hour premiere, a two-hour finale, and another two-hour "event" episode partway through the season. That would explain how they would get 24 hours of the show from January to May.

Bart

Now that ABC is getting good numbers with DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES in the Sunday 9pm timeslot, will they pull it in January to make way for ALIAS or will ALIAS be moving to a new day?

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I would not be terribly surprised if ABC were to put Alias Wednesday at 9pm - I gather The Bachelor isn't doing so well as it used to, there's no other action/adventure there, and it's a natural pairing with Lost.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
The idea from Jason was Matt Rousch of TV guides idea as well and it's a good one. Let's hope ABC is reading his column.
A J.J Abrams night would be great.

LanieParker

Supporting Actor
I will follow ALIAS wherever it ends up. This is the one show I will remember to watch. I gave up on Desperate Housewives after the first episode. It was good, but frankly, I forgot to watch the second ep and I sort of didn't care that I had missed it. So that one was taken off my "to watch" list.

Michael Hughes

Second Unit
I would be shocked if DH is moved for Alias.

Alias may be moved to Mondays at 9pm when MNF moves out.

With Abrams focusing on Lost and MI3, it looks like this may be the last season for Alias

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
Jennifer Garner is under contract through Season 5, so I imagine if there is a stopping point that will be it.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
Being "under contract" means nothing more than she has a certain commitment to the show (and the show to her). If there's no show, that's that. She could be under contract for 7 years and get cancelled in season 1.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
I thought she signed on for at least through season 7. I see at least 1 more good year for the show. I'd love it to go longer, but with the new ABC line-up kicking so much ass, it'll have to make a major come-back. I'd say a Lost/Alias pairing is a perfect idea. Wednesdays would be truly great TV.

Eddy-C

Supporting Actor
Yeah it doesn't look like Abrams is going to pass Felicity's 4 seasons with Alias if its numbers are the same or worst than last year's. Now that ABC is no longer the #4 network.

Mark Pfeiffer

Screenwriter
Have some faith everybody. Even if the show doesn't appear in the top 20, I sense that the ancillaries help keep the show afloat.

Putting it on after Lost makes all kinds of sense. Holding the premiere until January does too, even if I'd rather be watching new episodes now. I know the delay was production-oriented, but I wonder if it was also put in place to give people time to catch up on the story arcs on the season 3 DVDs. This show demands knowing what's going on, so those who may have been "behind" now get a few months to catch up.

I haven't been following the ratings closely, but is The Bachelor doing anything at all this season? It doesn't have the buzz factor like it used to. (I haven't heard people talking about it or the media making a stir.) Lost has been doing well, so it makes for a good lead-in that should keep some overlapping viewers. (What played ahead of Alias on Sundays?)

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Of course, even "in the toilet", I believe The Bachelor's ratings are still higher than anything Alias ever sustained. The difference is that it's obviously shedding audience from Lost as opposed to building on its lead-in.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Wow. I'm just shocked at all the strangely intelligent things ABC has been doing this year - putting on good shows, using Saturday night dead time to boost them, and now putting Alias in its logical slot. And it's apparently being rewarded with success.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks