What's new

Alias Season 3 (1 Viewer)

Andreas_K

Stunt Coordinator

Yeah, I have the same dropout on the exact same word on my disc - at first I thought it was a really badly placed layer change or something but that doesn't make sense...

Sanj K

Grip
Do TV DVD box sets have layer changes within episodes? Surely if they have 4 episodes they could store 2 on one layer and 2 on the other, thereby eliminating an in-picture layer change.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
With regards to the first two seasons, I agree with that statement. When it comes to the second half of season three, I am not so sure...

MattGSmith

Stunt Coordinator
Did anyone's set come missing a Episode guide insert? I didn't have one in mine? ARGH!
Should I call that customer service number?
Matt

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
sorry to hear you didn't get one as my set has the episode guide insert. so it definately should have one.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
Poor limited animation and a super-generic Alias story. Pretty much a waste of time. For some reason it's in letterboxed flat widescreen rather than 16:9 enhanced like the episodes.

Regards,

LanieParker

Supporting Actor
That is a shame about the animated story. I haven't watched any of the bonus features yet, because I am still watching the series and don't want anything spoiled.

*starting disc 4 tonight*

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
I thought that the animation was okay and the story was interesting, told from an opposite point of view (probably to limit how many lines Jennifer Garner would have to record). I thought that the actions taken by 'Julia Thorne' were out of character for Sydney considering she is willingly going along with cooperation from Kendall.
, but I guess that was the point.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Ok. Just finished Disc 2 and I have to say that Alias Season 3 has made a remarkable recovery! After a somewhat shaky and disappointing start to this dvd set; at least for episodes 1-4; the ones on Disc 2 have been excellent and close to the quality of Season 1 & 2.

The episodes I'm referring to are:
Episode 5: Repercussions
Episode 6: The Nemesis
Episode 7: Prelude
Episode 8: Breaking Point

These had me on the edge of my seat. Hadn't felt that way since I watched the Season 2 set.

There is visible grain in night shots or dark interior shots. I don't remember this being an issue with the previous sets? But at other times, the image is stellar. Audio is more balanced with a more refined low end.

On to Disc 3...:)

Josh_HI

Second Unit
I thought that the cartoon could have been better.I didn't really understand it....I just finished the set and I am a little disappointed with the extras.I would liked to see air spots and promos from Season 3 on this set.They did that with S1 & S2 and I don't know why not with this set.

Even though I watched S3 live I still don't really get the ending.At the end when Sydney is looking at the documents, what does it mean? I mean I thought the ending was kinda stupid.Can anyone explain what the documents meant/said?

LanieParker

Supporting Actor
Just finished disc 3 and although I am still really enjoying this show, there are just some things that are really bugging me.

First,

when jack hears Lauren say to Vaughn " Not if I see you first , love", he recognizes it as the line that Sark said while making the phone call to her on the plane. Why does he not tell Sidney or Vaughn or Dixon right away?

Second,

Sidney and Vaughn can break into some high security place and get in and out within seconds or without being seen, but for some reason they can't seem to get Sark in custody, transport him on a plane to their headquarters without fail??????? This bugs me.

Third,

Barnette (the psychiatrist) knows that Sloan is the master manipulator, because she has worked for the CIA for years and has studied him and knows what he is capable of, yet she sleeps with him?

I just love Sark. He is an awesome character. I love that he usually is one up on the CIA. Although last night while watching the show,

my husband and I were quite disappointed in him when Vaughn kicked his ass and took him into custody after they defused the bomb on that plane. lol.

James Sajdak

Stunt Coordinator
Originally Posted By Josh_HI:

At the end when Sydney is looking at the documents, what does it mean? I mean I thought the ending was kinda stupid.Can anyone explain what the documents meant/said?

I'm Not exactly sure. But the project name SAB 47 is Sydney's initals with the Rambaldi number and the project start date was Sydney's birthday

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
Originally Posted By Josh_HI:
At the end when Sydney is looking at the documents, what does it mean? I mean I thought the ending was kinda stupid.Can anyone explain what the documents meant/said?
Most people believe that this means that Jack is the person responsible for Sydney's missing two years. There was also this on the recap from the ABC website that was yanked off within hours:
In Wittenberg, Syd opens the safe deposit box and finds a top secret document. She cries as she learns that Jack wasn't in prison after Irina betrayed him, that Vaughn's father William worked for him, and that he has documented her entire life, as well as Nadia's. Jack appears and says she was never supposed to have found these documents

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
You all have been great with using spoiler tags and I do appreciate that very much. Thanks for respecting that! I was tempted to read but stayed true! :D

stewart borland

Stunt Coordinator
Just my view on Season 3 in case anyone is still wondering about buying or not...

Just finished it last night - while I understand the comments about a drop around half way through, I'd say buy it :emoji_thumbsup:

I thoroughly enjoyed the whole season and see little point in comparisons with the first 2, either it's worth buying/watching or it isn't, and I'd say it is :)

But just my view.

Brian Lawrence

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
I just finished watching the 1st disc of this set and one thing that really jumped out at me was the sound-mix. While seasons 1 & 2 had pretty good mixes for TV shows, Season 3 is more on level of soundmixes heard on today's big budget action films. Very aggressive across all the channels and much more three dimensional and fuller sounding than any other TV show I have ever heard. Hell I would go so far as to say it's flat out one of the 5 best sounding dvds, I have heard all year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks