What's new

Alias gets a Reboot? (1 Viewer)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
No kidding. With LOST off the air, ABC is trying to woo JJ to do an Alias 2.0 reboot, borrowing some of the ideas of the original, an alternate undercover "evil" CIA agency of sorts and so on...

I'm wondering how this would work.

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/watch_with_kristin/b183148_this_alias_20_news_too_good_be_true.html

Again, it's only very initial talk at this point, but I'm told that the development folks over at the Alphabet network are considering doing a new version of Alias that would borrow some elements of the original series that starred Jennifer Garner (and Michael Vartan, Victor Garber and some guy named Bradley Cooper who must have slipped into oblivion since). But the series would most likely not include any sort of complex mythological throughline such as the Rambaldi prophecy (a storyline that lost some of the fans).

Jonny P

Supporting Actor
I figure a "24" reboot is likely on the agenda in a few years too...

The reason I say that is because there was an interview with Kiefer Sutherland a few years ago suggesting you could do the concept with all sorts of professions...police officer...fireman...etc.

An "Alias" reboot could work. You wouldn't have to have a female lead (although, I loved Sydney Bristow). You could have all-knew supporting characters. Essentially, you could take the basic concept and retool it from scratch.

Or, you could have the show deal with the children of Sydney and Vaughn (although, I'd prefer it if they'd start fresh).

Two of TV's most "buzzworthy" shows (with great cult followings) left us this season when "24" and "Lost" ended their respective runs. Sure, they might not have attained the ratings they once did, but they were perfect fodder for DVRing and online discussions. I mean, how many people were waiting with baited breath to find out what happened in the "CSI: Miami" season finale?

I watched "Alias" from beginning to end. And while the ratings suffered after a move to Thursdays (terrible time slot for the show), I typically enjoyed it.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Yeah, but they want a built in audience and enough name recognition to save on promo costs. OF course, that's the wrong way to go about it, but that's what the bean counters want.

It's like, the hottest new show on TV is Glee. Instead of looking for their own Glee, they are looking for a Glee clone. They don't get it... most of the time.

If the Alias reboot is good, all is forgiven, right?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
How about a show where the leading spy character sings their inner monologue on missions and before mission?

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Patrick Sun

How about a show where the leading spy character sings their inner monologue on missions and before mission?

If it's in real time and the whole season takes place in one day, I'm all for it. There should also be a British guy who says harsh things and some people who were in a plane crash.

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
I was half-expecting them to do an Alias spin off with Balthazar Getty and the female agent they brought in during the last season. In fact, I was kind of hoping for it. Bring Marshall along, and maybe Dixon as boss...

But I think they killed too many characters off....

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Originally Posted by Chris Lockwood

If it's in real time and the whole season takes place in one day, I'm all for it. There should also be a British guy who says harsh things and some people who were in a plane crash.

Or maybe going another way, a dancing baby and a woman obsessed with a desire for kids and still being a spy while discovering her ex now works in the same spy-operation..

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Or how about a spy baby with an intersect in his head, goes on missions with his handler partner, "mom".

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Any future Alias show must explain how the Rambaldi device ends powering Spock's ship in Star Trek!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks