What's new

Alias 4/7 (1 Viewer)

Guy Martin

Second Unit
I didn't see a thread yet for this week's Alias so I apologize in advance if this is a duplicate.
Overall I liked this episode, although the new love interest/old flame seemed a bit out of the blue. Loved the computer core action sequence and the bit at the embassy, especially Dixon's improvised transportation :)
BTW did anyone else get the in-joke reference to Arkanglesk, Russia?

In the pre-credits sequence of GoldenEye Bond and 006 break into a secret, underground chemical chemical weapons facility, very similar to the secret computer center in tonight's episode. Guess where that facilitly was in GoldenEye? You guessed it: Arkanglesk, USSR (it was a flashback to the cold-war era).

Does anyone else think Jack is secretly falling in love with his CIA-appointed counselor? :)
- Guy

Daniel Swartz

Second Unit
I must have missed the excuse they gave to Sloan as to how they suddenly discovered that Jack's wife/Sydney's mother was still alive.

Can anyone clue me in? Thanks.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
They kind of sidestepped the issue of where Jack got his info... Jack's attitude kind of made Sloane forget (wink, wink). I did notice it but at the time I was in sheer agony from all the not-so-subtle hints being dropped by the writers as to Syd's paternity. They've been teasing us for weeks, now it seems they've decided to smack us upside the head with it.

A nicely rounded episode, if awkwardly ended... the serial nature of the show dictates a upswing at the end, but they failed to pay off... a typical *yawn* mutual lovefest ensues at the ALIAS dropoff. Maybe Francie and Will's decision to interrogate Syd on the Italy ticket would have made for a better close.... or perhaps Khasinau's men bursting in while Noah and Sydney are intimate?

What happened to Sloane's meeting with Sydney? He was so adamant about seeing her....

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
At least Sidney's getting some in this episode (it's been awhile for her since Daniel was executed). :) I wasn't too crazy about the ex-boyfriend/agent development.
Ever since the 3rd or 4th episode I thought Sloane might be Sidney's biological dad, this episode just kept viewers thinking the same thing 3/4 of the way into the season. That was a harsh slap at Jack when Sloane said that it was his pleasure to step in as "dad" when Jack was indisposed after Laura died/disappeared.
I also have the feeling that Sloane truly suspects that Jack is a double agent given his conversation about Laura with Jack. But it's possible that Jack could come up with a plausible idea that it was all of Sidney's investigating that caused Jack to pump Sloane for information.
Yeah, Jack might have the hots for the shrink, the man's a powder keg that's got all this stuff inside and it might take much to set him off nowadays.
The whole Will and Francie thing - are they just buddies or will it turn into something more?
And why does Sidney believe everything Sloane says (about Laura being under the supervision of that Russian bigwig)? Shouldn't she know better to accept anything that Sloane says as the absolute truth? I fear further misdirection is at foot.

Dave Morton

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
I think sloane does have something up his sleeve and it's really going to alienate sydney. Mainly because Jack told Sydney that there is always a price to pay for Sloane's help.

I thought the episode was pretty good. The old love affair is a bit hokey. I'm not sure that at the time when he sent the junk e-mail that there was junk e-mail blocking. I think that was a technical flaw.

Jon Mercer

Second Unit
I thought it was a good episode too, though I did think that the whole thing seemed like a set up for Sidney to owe Sloane a favor. Nicely alluding to the fact that Sloane may be Sidneys father, my wife has been wondering that for some time now too.
Heres hoping we get a few new episodes in a row before more re-runs :rolleyes

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
I thought it was a good episode also but I have only seen about 5 episodes so I need to start seeing re-runs so I can get more of a foundation into some of the characters.

Paul P

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul
Decent ep, but wtf with the new guy. Sydney definitely has "a type," indicated by the fact that all of her love interests have the exact same look to them-- clean cut, short hair, similar features, white guys. The relationship was probably the writers' only way of getting her some action and breaking the heartbroken tormented emotional angle the show has had without ruining the suspense of her other two love interests. Seemed to work, though a little forced. Sloan as Daddy? Yeah we're all thinking it. I was hoping for an episode climax of her running into her mother accidentally. No such luck. And taking Sloan at his word seemed a total mistake. The mission seemed to serve his interests a little too much. On to next week.

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
I finally got a chance to watch the latest episode this afternoon. The whole intro Sloane and Jack was really stretching it. I think they're starting to look for new angles to the show and threw a what they had out there to see what might stick. Will is going to get it soon from SD6, he had better not ask why Syd went to Italy.
have the exact same look to them-- clean cut, short hair, similar features, white guys.
He was freaking me out. They kept zooming in on his teeth during one sequence and they weren't too pretty. Definitely, don't see what Syd likes in him. She clearly was hesitating to go anywhere near that mouth of his in the end sequence. Maybe I'll have to email her:
[email protected]
:D
I was trying to figure out who the new agent was and came across these actual "bogus" email addresses on the ABC site. They went and put up a creditdauphine.com front on the web too.
Now that I mentioned the new guy's teeth, here's a look at Syd's "dental records" for comparison. http://abc.abcnews.go.com/primetime/...es/dental1.gif

Danny R

Supporting Actor
What happened to Sloane's meeting with Sydney? He was so adamant about seeing her....
I keep wondering this too. Did the writers drop a plot point? Sloane just forgets that a page is forged?
They kind of sidestepped the issue of where Jack got his info... Jack's attitude kind of made Sloane forget
This disparity too makes me wonder... is there an episode missing? I get the strange feeling that an episode was left out of the schedule that filled in these gaps.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks