Alias 4/21/02

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Patrick Sun, Apr 21, 2002.

1. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

As tonight's episode dealt with Sydney's reaction to killing Noah in their tussle from the episode before, it slowly built up Sydney's rat trap, and tossed in Will's hooking up with Jack, and Arvin knowing that he'll have to have Emily killed for admitting to knowing about SD-6, and finally we get to the riveting setup for the cliff-hanger which might allow Dixon to find out that Sydney's on a secret non-SD-6 op to barter away the Rambaldi solution in the vial for diamonds, and blow Sydney's double-agent cover once and for all.

Loved te slow build up to the cliff-hanger. But alas, we will have to wait 2 weeks to find out how Syndney gets out of this jam. Is Haladki the mole in the CIA? It seems to convenient/contrived. Maybe it's Vaughn's buddy in the CIA, hmmm...

2. Guy Martin

Guy Martin Second Unit

Nice episode. I especially liked the unbilled cameo by Benny "The Jet" Urquidez as Sydney's kickboxing instructor. Waiting two weeks is gonna be hard this time! [​IMG]
    It was also neat seeing Michael Vartan (Vaugh) get a few lines in his native tongue (he's French, but speaks English with no accent at all).
    - Guy

3. Brett Jason

Brett Jason Stunt Coordinator

I'm all for suspension of disbelief...but you telling me that the Allaince or SD-6 has such tight security that they have audio and video in Sloane's wife's hospital room, but they can't detect Sydney and Jack seemingly daily get-together's with the CIA. Or Sydney leaving the country on some un-authorized mission every time she has a vacation day?..... Oh, screw it, I still love the show

4. Jon Mercer

Jon Mercer Second Unit

I thought this episode was excellent.

I loved the slow build up to the trap and how better to end the show last night? With all these story lines going I'm dreading the season ender and the long wait after that.

I highly doubt that Sloane will stop security from dealing with his wife, we're talking about the guy who told someone else to cut off his finger (of course the building would have blown up other wise but...)

I thought the meeting between Jack and Will was hilarious - "I was worried about meeting you cause frankly you scare the crap out of me"

God I love this show!

PS I still think Dixon is part of K-d. I highly doubt that the "rat catcher" was just that, in this show he was probably planting bugs or video feed.

5. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Yeah, I thought I'd recognized the Rat catcher (he was on X-Files as someone in on the Supa Solja dealio on that show), and I wouldn't put it past SD-6 to bug Sydney's apartment (though I thought it would have been a long time ago).

6. David Williams

David Williams Cinematographer

7. DaveF

DaveF Moderator

David Fischer
    Very good episode! I found last week's a bit lacking (for my tastes) but this was solid, complete with funky synth music [​IMG]
    Random thoughts and questions:
    Jack -- playing both ends against the middle. Can he succesfully juggle all these plans and conspiracies?
    The dorky, annoying FBI guy as Wil's informant? Really?!?
    The implicit emotions of Sloane's wife, Emily, being killed is (revenge and compassion by Sidney, I expect) are compelling.
    Did we know that Will knew that Jack works at Credit Dauphine? (That's what he said, when meeting with Jack?) Does he think that Sid and Jack work together? I thought the premiere episode stated that, to outsiders, Jack worked for an import/export company, or somesuch.

8. Paul P

Paul P Stunt Coordinator

I'm starting to think that maybe Dixon is Will's informant.

9. Jon Mercer

Jon Mercer Second Unit

I think it was in the previous weeks episode discussion that someone mentioned that Sloane's wife may be Will's "Deep Throat" I think I'm starting to lend that some credence. As far as we know, no-one other than Sloane, Jack, and the people involved knew of Will's kidnapping, and Emily said that sometimes she overhears things - so it's quite possible. Not only that but during the dinner they all shared Emily stated that she had read some pieces that Will had written (She did, didn't she? [I know if this was Buffy I could just ask Jeff Kleist]) so she did establish that she was familar with his work.

I think the idea has some merit.

Yes it was said in the first ep. that Jack delt in importing/exporting plane parts.(I'm sure it was plane parts)

10. Jeffrey_S

Jeffrey_S Stunt Coordinator

DaveF,

I'm sure you're right. Up till this point, wasn't Sidney's father an airplane parts salesman? I was suprised as well when Will uttered that remark.

Jeff

11. David Williams

David Williams Cinematographer

When Jack, Syd, and Will go to the Sloanes for dinner, Jack mentions to Emily that Arvin had offered him a job at the bank, and that he would be working with them for the time being or some such.

12. Jeffrey_S

Jeffrey_S Stunt Coordinator

Thanks David,

I didn't remember that.

Jeff

13. DaveF

DaveF Moderator

David Fischer
    Ditto; I'd forgotten about the dinner conversation.