Alias 4/14

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Guy Martin, Apr 15, 2002.

1. Guy Martin

Guy Martin Second Unit

Another week, another entertaining episode. I have to admit that this week's plot twist seemed obvious. Although I still can't figure out...

how an SD-6 agent like Noah could have had a side gig as the world's greatest hitman without anyone catching on, particularly after so many years? I understand that the period when he was in Vienna is covered by the time he was inoperative and believed dead by Vaughan and his CIA colleagues, but what about before that? If I'm following the chronology right he should have still be doing jobs around the time he was training Sydney. Did he just use a lot of vacation time?

Boy the teaser for next week's episode has me guessing.

Will Dixon turn out to be a double-agent as well? And does he work for the CIA, or, as some have speculated here, is he really K-Directorate?

Next Sunday can't come soon enough!

- Guy

2. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Anyone else think a romance between Francie and Will is budding? They are like watching a bumbling Nancy Drew and Hardy Boy sleuthing around Sidney's "mystery" job.
    Spoilers below:
    Was not crazy about the Noah - Snowman contrivance at the end. To me, it was lazy writing, and a way to write Noah out of the show rather superfluously. Poor Sidney, any guy she gets intimate with seems to die rather soon. Black Widow Sidney? [​IMG]
    So how did Sloane know that Sidney and Noah were doing the James and Jane Bond horizontal bop? Hmmm....
    I felt really bad for Jack when he was watching his "wife" call him a fool (for love). That was really cold. It seems like Sidney might not have watched that part of the tape (we don't know).
    Finally we will get some revelation of either Dixon or Sloane's wife as being a double agent next episode.

3. Jon Mercer

Jon Mercer Second Unit

I too was the Noah/Snowman thing coming a mile away, but it was so obvious that I thought I was wrong.

Felt bad for Jack being so used without knowing.

Loved the bit with Will and Fran, but I thought it was going to go in a different direction.

Over all good ep. I wish there was some sort of news on a season 1 DVD release even though its not even over yet.

4. Dave Morton

Dave Morton Supporting Actor

Dave
    I thought it was pretty good. I had a feeling that Sloane was going to do something that would bring about the demise of yet another love interest of Sydney. Although I'm glad to see him go. I doubt Jack will be made the fool again, but it does seem like Sloane is watchful of Jack's trying to help out Sydney.

But my favorite is the tech guy. I forget what his name is. Is he hilarious or what? He dialogue about amazing himself is way too funny.

5. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

That would be Marshall (the Q equivalent from the James Bond films).

6. Ernest Aguayo

Ernest Aguayo Stunt Coordinator

one of the funniest parts was when marshall was demo-ing the noise cancelling device... you can make out what they are saying too, something like:
    marshall: "no noise!"
    noah: "wow!"
    syd: "oh my god!"
    marshall: "it's f*ckin' great!"
    [​IMG]

7. Micheal

Micheal Screenwriter

Damn! I missed it! I thought that the Juno's replaced it this week? (In Canada anyway...)

I didn't see it on when I flipped around?

8. DaveF

DaveF Moderator

David Fischer
    Another fun episode. Color me slow, but I didn't expect the Noah-as-Snowman twist.

One question, my roommate and I were discussing: what was Noah's motivation behind asking Sidney to fly away with him? Was he sincere? Or just trying to get her out of the way while he went after Calder? Was he really going to "retire" from SD-6/Snowman/K-Directorate? Would he have killed Sidney, had he been able to, during the fight?

9. PhilipW

PhilipW Second Unit

DaveF,

Since no one else is spoilerizing, here's my take on the fight.

Noah was not going to kill Sidney. He had a chance. During the fight he grabbed for a knife on the counter and actually had it but set it down and opted for the meat mullet/pounder thingy. Sidney then ended up with the knife which then ended up in Noah/Snowman's chest.

Jon,

I agree on seeing the Noah/Snowman twist, but at least this show doesn't try to drag it out over 4 weeks when its so obvious. This is one thing about this show that I actually like. It's boring to watch a show and scream at the set about the totally obvious things. Those types of shows I believe are called soaps.

10. BobV

BobV Second Unit

Did anyone else see the bitter irony with Sidney killing Noah (above the obvious irony)? Last time Sloane got someone else to kill her love interest, this time Sloane sends Sidney to do the job herself... oooouch. I know Sloane didn't necessarily know that Noah was the Snowman and that he would be there, but I wouldn't put it past him [​IMG] .
    As to the possibility of another double agent in the mix... but I had never even thought of Sloane's wife, Emily, being a double until the teaser for next week... now there's a juicy development! Maybe she doesn't even have cancer............

11. DaveF

DaveF Moderator

David Fischer

12. Andres Munoz

Andres Munoz Cinematographer

I missed this episode.

Can someone re-tell what happened? Or maybe direct me to a website where I can read all about it?

Thank you.

13. Andres Munoz

anybody?

14. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

It's being repeated at 9pm tonight (4/19) on the ABC Family Channel. If you're on TW Cable, it's channel 14.

M.

15. Andres Munoz

I have dish network. I don't think I have that channel.

16. Elizabeth S

Elizabeth S Producer

Elizabeth S
  17. Andres Munoz

Thanks! That's just what I was looking for.