What's new

Alias - 3/7/04 - Blowback (1 Viewer)

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben

Apparently the Covenant suffers from the same shortage of personnel as the CIA; so the same two operatives have to do everything, even though it makes zero sense for a deep-cover plant like Lauren to risk being recognized in a field operation.

M.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
Lauren failed to remember the anniversary of Vaughn's father's death. Weiss was asking if Vaughn was going to tell/remind her.

Regards,

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG

No, I was just being unkind to Melissa George. She speaks like she's wearing one. :p)

Everlasting Gobstopper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mark
As for the lack of shortage, I guess it makes no difference whatsoever that Sark and Lauren have been promoted, since there's nobody else for them to be in charge of. I mean, as cell leaders, or whatever their new title is, shouldn't they be...... you know...... LEADING people?

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
I always find it amazing that the CIA can shoot anyone but the people in charge. They can snipe a henchman from 300 yards, but stand 10 feet from Sark, and you can't hit him with a shotgun.

Billy C.

Agent
:D :D

I must say that I'm getting really tired of the in-your-face Ford promos. It really takes me out of the scene. Did you also notice that just about every other car in the entire scene was a Ford? The F-150 chasing the suped up Mustang. The Accord gets creamed but the Ford Windstar manages to avoid the crash altogether (obviously due to the superior 4-wheel antilock disc brakes :rolleyes:).

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
All this discussion and nobody mentions that Ricky Gervais is going to be in next week's show? I hope he's wickedly evil, yet in a completely incompentent way. :D

Brad

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I dozed off for a second and thought it was weird that the same events were transpiring again.
Weird.

Does anyone know who did the song when they were running up the stairs? Was is Blur?

Looking forward to Ricky Gervais being on. Should be interesting to see him as an evil guy. Hope he gives a pep talk to everyone in "The Office."

Rob Speicher

Supporting Actor

And the car that stopped Vaughn from exiting the building was a Ford Focus. No, you push that out of your way!

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor

How true. There never would have been a Sark standoff if Vaughn had just shot her in the back to begin with. No reason to ask the assailant to turn around and remove their mask.

Sven Lorenz

Supporting Actor
Anybody else notice how Lauren had black paint around her eyes before she put the mask on but had black paint around her eyes and her mouth as soon as the mask was on?

Okay - she would've looked pretty silly with the paint around her mouth before she put the mask on but it's still a continuity error.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
It's no worse that in Batman Returns:

At the end where Batman and Catwoman have their final showdown, and Batman rips off his mask/cowl, before ripping off the cowl, he had black makeup around his eyes, and then miraculously when the cowl is ripped off, the black makeup is gone (otherwise, he'd look like a racoon as well in the scene). :D

Jeff Kohn

Supporting Actor
This ep was lame lame lame.

- Ford Promo was a bit over the top. I mean, of all the vehicles in the lot they atually chose one that was blocked in just so they could mention the F150 and show how 'tough' it is by pushing another parked vehicle out of the way.

- I normally like Marshall, but the whole "I didn't get any sleep last night" wore thin after the twelfth time they mentioned it.

- The criticism of Vaughn not shooting the 'unknown assailant'/Lauren is especially true when you consider his gun had tranquilizer darts in it. It's not like there was some big moral question about whether it would be OK to kill the guy/Lauren.

This espisode was a perfect example of what's been wrong with the series for a while now. Somebody else metioned that were some strong 'moments'. Unfortunately those moments seem to be the only thing the show has going for it, and the writers are too damned lazy to string them together with some coherant writing that actually makes sense and isn't full of holes. The writers are just lazy, plain and simple.

Bob-N

Supporting Actor

Okay, I'm late to the party but I'm pretty sure Lauren did have black stuff around her mouth and eyes prior to her putting on the mask. I saw a glimpse of it right before she put the mask on and thought, what does she have on her face?

Weird and odd walking around but not a continuity error if I recall correctly.

I was telling Vaughn to "shoot her".:crazy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks