1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Alias 3/17/02

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Patrick Sun, Mar 17, 2002.

1. David Williams

David Williams Cinematographer

David Williams
    I think the old guy was exactly who he didn't say he was: Donato the clockmaker, and not his great-to-infinity grandson. He helped out Milo Rambaldi, who then repaid him with the secret to extremely long life with the caveat of knowingly exactly when he would die. I think that's why a) he was initially so bellicose at the door before accepting it was time and b) why he let it slip out and c) why he stood up when he did (perhaps Milo told him that he would die saving another's life)

2. Cary P

Cary P Stunt Coordinator

Not sure if it's appropriate to bring up such an old thread - but I'm just now working through the mildly enjoyable Season 1 DVD set, and what the heck.
    Did anyone else think this episode took the show in a completely different and bogus direction? All of this prophecy mumbo-jumbo directly involving Sydney is a bit too much for me, and I don't like where this seems to be heading.
    I realize that this show requires a large amount of suspension of disbelief, but the writing is just getting pretty lame at this point, IMO. The characters actions do not make sense to me, Vaughn and Jack springing Sydney from FBI custody so she can gaze upon a mountain in Italy to disprove the prophecy and make the FBI go away - give me a break[​IMG].
    This does not jibe with how these characters have been presented to this point - even though I realize Jack and Vaughn have an interest in protecting Sydney - it seems like they both are career men who play loosely within the rules. I mean, even Sydney chastises them for their lame actions after springing her.
    I agree with Sydney that the FBI might have let her go, and I wanted to see what her FBI interrogator's motive was - it seemed like their was some underlying thread to his questioning. I guess I'll have to see how this all ends up, but I was pretty dissapointed with this episode.