Alias 2/24/02

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Patrick Sun, Feb 24, 2002.

1. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Looks like Alias had the balls to go head-to-head with the closing ceremonies of the Winter Olympics.

Another fun-filled episode, with more advancement of the Will Tippett storyline, Francine gets the low down on Charlie, Sidney finally hears Vaughn tell her that he's basically attracted to her, Sidney's dad sort of convinces Sidney to stay in grad school. Oh, and she's strung up on a cable between buildings being shot at when she's caught doing surveillance on a deal going down between K-directorate and "The Man"s right hand man for the Rimbaldi manuscript. Gotta love the cliff-hangers!

2. Dave Morton

Dave Morton Supporting Actor

Dave
    I was bummed out because I wanted to watch both closing ceremonies and alias. I opted for the closing ceremonies and was glad I did. I will see the alias episode when in repeats.

3. Jon Mercer

Jon Mercer Second Unit

Forget the closing ceremonies! For me Alias had it in the bag!

Nice time spent advancing various stories - previews for next week look great.

Heres hoping we can go more than one or two weeks without reruns.

And still Dixon is K-Directorite!!

4. Jon Mercer

Jon Mercer Second Unit

just another thought here:

What if Charlie (Francines boyfriend) starts to go psycho now that Sidney ratted his cheating ass out, and he starts stalking either of them. He might find out something very interesting about Sidney.

5. Mark Pfeiffer

Mark Pfeiffer Screenwriter

Did anyone consider that perhaps Stella(?), the woman who told Sidney about Charlie, is SD-6 and is trying to separate her from her other relationships? I forget what it was that someone else said that led me to believe that her run-in with her was not coincidental. Just a thought...

6. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

7. Mark Pfeiffer

Mark Pfeiffer Screenwriter

Makes sense. Something just seemed fishy about it all. [​IMG]

8. DaveF

DaveF Moderator

David Fischer
    A fun episode, as usual [​IMG]
    My one complaint: The head of K-Directorate was killed too easily. After all the negotiating, security, and general paranoia for just getting Sidney and Anna in a stadium, together, to open another Rumbaldi device (previously), I'd have expected a heckuva lot more security if the K's head man is in a meeting with unknwon parties.
    Have there been any clues about Charlie's philandering? I've been trying to figure out if I should have seen this coming or not.
    Next week: Wil meets Pandora (and her box) [​IMG]

9. Leo Hinze

Leo Hinze Stunt Coordinator

Pandora's Box. Sounds interesting[​IMG]
    But, Oh My God! I picked up TAOBBATED for $11.99 at Sam's the other day. I haven't seen it in a while, and the last time was many years ago, from a faded P&S VHS tape. So I'm watching it right now, and there is this Rastafarian alien dude named John Parker.
    It's Dixon!!!! (Not to be confused with It's Bacon!!!! the dog's line from that cute little dog food commercial).
    The incredible thing is that except for the color of the suit, and the length of the dreds, it's the exact same character he played on this week's Alias. Small world.
    I did a search of the archives, and I could not find any other threads about this. Has nobody else noticed this?

10. Jodee

Jodee Screenwriter

11. DaveF

DaveF Moderator

David Fischer

12. Vanessa

Vanessa Stunt Coordinator

13. DaveF

DaveF Moderator

David Fischer

14. Joseph S

Joseph S Cinematographer

Block exams suck!!! I'm exhausted, but just watched my tape of Sunday's episode. (2 months and 1 day to ABC HDTV HiPix recording or so the FCC mandates...)
    This episode kind of threw me for a loop. The preview seemed to hint Sidney would be nearly found out, but it really wasn't even that close. The KGB question/response had me thinking that maybe Sidney is being trailed by SD-6. I'm still not sure Sloane actually had the conversation with Stone Face Bristo. [​IMG]
    Perhaps Charlie is a spy, but I have a feeling that's not the case. Seemed kinda like a direct reference as to how Sidney has managed to sneak by. So they threw it in for some drama.
    All indications are that Will and/or his Jail pal are Will goes into witness protection and ??? Perhaps it would be better if he died. Maybe they're going after Sid's CIA handler and he rushes to her to tell her he's going into hiding, because SD-6 knows what he's up to.
    However, I honestly think it's over for her dad at SD-6. Sloane is going to attempt to take him out next week and he will not die, but go into CIA protection/hospitalization. He had even less than his usual stoic charm tonight and I think he's worried. Yup, I bet Will survives for yet another episode. Although, I think he should take the hit. [​IMG] I find it amazing he hasn't checked that file yet. Sidney's name is definitely on the list.
    At least there won't be a month wait til the next episode. Oh yeah, Dixon is definitely K-Directorate. He knew the head way to quickly there.

15. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

Alias is the cover story for the latest issue of Entertainment Weekly (3/8/02). Great article, with tantalizing hints about upcoming plot developments (or maybe it's misdirection). The season conclusion is supposed to be a jawdropper, but no one's talking.
    M.

16. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Speaking of that EW cover, doesn't she look like "Hedwig the Angry Secret Agent"? Hee hee.