What's new

Alias 2.13 - Double Agent (2-2-03) (1 Viewer)

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Not nearly as good as last week, but who would have expected any episode could live up to that?

I enjoyed pretty much everything I suppose, but not enough of a continuing story. I realize this was originally going to be the Post Super Bowl episode, so there wasn't really much to be done with it, but still.

Next week looks to be pretty good though.

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
Not bad, Evil Francie was the best tonight. (aside from the Phoebe Cates Fast Times remake :D )

What a creepy role. This week she played voyeur for Sloane, yet I think next week she'll be discovered. When Syd and Vaughn are captured, that fool Sloane will give it all away. However, Evil Francie and Sark will make their escape and hope to free "The Man" at a later date.

Stay tuned for next week and enjoy watching everybody's favorite shoe salesman on ABC. ;)

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
Now that I think about it, It usually is world domination.

Ah well, now that we've figured it out, no reason to keep watching.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
What the heck is Sloane really after?
Two words: Milo Rambaldi... and then World Domination.

At least this episode answered the crucial question of how Evil Francie was created. The next viable question is Who? (My money is still on Anna E.)

I can't wait to see Dixon explain to his wife what exactly it is he does for a living next week... that and if Christian Slater can play a Russian scientist.

Joel C

Screenwriter
Anyone else notice that the genetic thingy was basically copied verbatum from Dia Another Day? Not that I mind. As fake-science explanations go, it works. I can suspend my disbelief for this show far more than that.

Good episode, but bring back SpyMommy and SpyDaddy!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I immediately thought of the "Die Another Day" angle as the episode unfolded.

I thought Olivia D'abo did a bang-up job portraying a very scared woman all wrapped up in C4. The running booger was a nice touch.

Oh, I did enjoy the homage to "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" with the slow-mo bikini montage with The Cars' "Moving in Stereo" playing?

How did the fake Lennox even get a call into CIA-LA?

I liked how Sydney forced the fake Lennox to expose himself. That's good clear logical thinking in a short amount of time.

FFrancie (Fake Francie) is getting awfully creepy and voyeuristic. I was laughing when FF wasn't getting Sydney's non-verbal "Yes, that Michael". Sydney's going to put it together, probably by the end of the season that FF is not who she appears to be.

Oh, glad to see Sydney and Michael finally get it on (it's only the calm before the storm, though). Too bad they didn't have "Let's get it on" playing in the background as they cut to the credits (with FF spying on them).

Michael Martin

Screenwriter
I thought it was a solid episode - did a good job keeping us (and the CIA) guessing as to who the real Lennox was. I'm not at all an Ethan Hawke fan, but he gave a credible performance.

Now both d'Abo girls have played spies (or at least been in spy stories!). I liked that the show didn't wimp out in killing her character - Sloane is intent on showing how serious he is, and to have the explosives NOT detonate would be, in his eyes, a loss of credibility. I'm not saying I enjoyed her death, but I was glad the show is not trying to portray "kinder, gentler" spy game.

Having not seen Die Another Day, the duplicate-creation solution was new to me. I'm just glad that they explained how Evil Francie was created soon, rather than tease it out (or make us suspect that they didn't know, either, ala The X-Files).

Was a bit bummed there was only brief mentions of Dixon and Marshall. Hope they continue to be part of the show.

I loved the shots of Syd and Jack listening to Lennox's story. The suspicion was palpable. And it was interesting that Syd's suspicion seemed to melt when he mentioned being engaged to Emma. Had there been another shot of Jack, I suspect that he would have continued to be wary. Also, did anyone else catch the look of surprise on Jack's face when Syd and Vaughn were assigned to go get Lennox?

Loved the bathing suit sequence, for more than one reason.
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif
I cracked up when the minion came into the tent and Vaughn said "Hello." I get the feeling he enjoyed being able to trap a guy who was leering so blatantly at Syd.

Loved the scene of Vaughn and Syd in the kitchen....was neat to see how at ease they were with each other. Too bad Evil Francie was watching them go at it in the bedroom...

Edward Mann

Agent
Anyone else notice that the genetic thingy was basically copied verbatum from Dia Another Day?
I watched an Avengers episode yesterday morning from the 68' season called "They Keep Killing Steed". In it, a mold was made of Steed's face, then placed on someone and a special injection was given. After a few minutes the person's face was changed to match the mold. They called it instant plastic surgery.

Anyway, I didn't even think about this until I read the comment about copying Bond. Apparently this is a recurring spy theme.:)

Tom Pfarr

Agent
The first season of the Outer Limits had an episode where the President is replaced by an imposter using an injection and a face mold just like you described for the Avengers.

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
Since superbowl....Alias seems to be leaning more on the "sexy" side of Sydney. Although quite satisfying to the eye, I hope they tone it down and concentrate more on the plot....but that's just me....

Jon Mercer

Second Unit
So at this stage is Sloane Pinky or the Brain?
I think the real Lennox is the dead one cause the mention of the holiday (i forget where) is what tipped off the first spy and then he went and did the same thing to Syd.
Correct me please, if I am wrong because I was continuously interrupted by the phone so I did miss some.
Enjoyed the episode though, as always

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
I liked this episode, but it really felt like a different show. The "double agent" gimmick really worked, as well as the sexual tension between Syd and Vaughn, and now that they have lost that, I'm a bit concerned about the show. It's just another spy drama now.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
I think the real Lennox is the dead one cause the mention of the holiday (i forget where)
Fiji. The real Lennox had never been there, which is what he tells Sydney. The fake one told his "fiance" that they should "go back", which is what tipped her off.

M.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Stay tuned for next week and enjoy watching everybody's favorite shoe salesman on ABC.
And, in the "weird coincidence (or not)" category, I noticed that the combination to that doorway appeared to be 714 - Friday's badge number on Dragnet.

Dave Morton

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
What makes me really angry is the fact that I missed last weeks episode.

I told my wife that Francie was probably k-directorate or something like that. I knew it when she met Vaughn and that whole scene. Now I'm waiting for Will to figure it out.

Michael Martin

Screenwriter
I'm a bit concerned about the show. It's just another spy drama now.
What other spy dramas are on right now? JJ Abrams was interviewed by Entertainment Weekly, and he said he had reached his limit of "Syd almost getting caught" stories. Frankly, so was I. It was beginning to really wear my willing suspension of disbelief thin that she could successfully botch missions for so long and NOT get caught. Abrams was brilliant in incorporating Sloane's personal ambitions with the understanding that Syd WOULD be discovered someday.

I think the show's strength is in the acting, writing, and the dynamics of the relationships. And, of course, shots of Syd in skimpy outfits. Seriously, as long as ABC gives it time and room to grow, I'm not concerned for the show. I'm looking forward to more on the Prophecy, finding out if Irina is in on Sloane's takedown of the Alliance, and seeing what happens with Syd and Vaughn.

Steven Wesley

Second Unit
Real Name
Steve
The show has jumped the shark. This week's episode was extremely lame, especially with that whole "change your face" thing. Alias requires suspension of belief, but now it's just getting crazy. Add to that the "soap opera" going on between Syd and Vaughn... the show has lost it's sparkle.

Oh well... at least there's still 24

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
I hate to say it but it doesn't have the same fun that the older shows this season had. I felt the change during the superbowl episode and thought this week would be back to normal, but the tone of the show just doesn't feel the same. I'll keep watching to see if it picks up but so far I'm not impressed with the 2nd half of the season at all.

Users who are viewing this thread