Alias 12/15/02

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Patrick Sun, Dec 15, 2002.

1. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

OMG! Marshall rocks as a spy! I was so LOL when he told Sydney that he was talking to the guards in Ewokese (the inhabitants of the planet Endor). [​IMG]
    Anyhow, what a nasty cliffhanger for poor ol' Marshall and that gnarly torturer.

2. MikeAlletto

MikeAlletto Cinematographer

Yeah, poor Marshall. I was looking forward to having him picked up by the CIA. That would have been pretty cool. I'm totally convinced now that Sark is Sydney's step sister.

Was the guy that started the tourture at the end the same guy from right before sydney was shot by her mother or is it a new character?

3. Kenneth Cummings

Kenneth Cummings Supporting Actor

Care to tell me what going on? Good episode from what I saw, and I liked that guy who went with her, but I haven't watched a episode since the pilot (Angel is to blame). I will get the season dvds when they come out, but a little summary of the plots would be nice. *hopes the guy is okay from the evil Asian Stephen Hawkins*

4. Rocky F

Rocky F Second Unit

I don't think that Sark is Sydney's step sister, but the thought crossed my mind that he could be her half brother.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

I'm pretty sure I recognized the guy at the end. In fact, I think he was in the very first episode, IIRC.

5. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Yup, the torturer is the same that tortured Syndey and Will last season. He's now in a wheelchair thanks to Syndey.

I think in the past I've opined that Sark and Sydney could share the same mother.

Faye Dunaway was okay as the snooper investigator from the Alliance.

What is going on with Vaughn and Alice?

Sark had to have clued in the torturer dude to intercept Marshall before he could debrief SD-6.

I think Jack will have both both Faye and Lena's characters trying to play him. Too much light is being shined on Jack.

6. Joseph S

Joseph S Cinematographer

7. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Doh! Forgot about Will's aggression/retribution there...

8. Ray Gutnick

Ray Gutnick Stunt Coordinator

Ray

9. Thomas H G

Thomas H G Screenwriter

I laughed with the Ewoks line.

Love this show.

10. PhilipG

PhilipG Cinematographer

Best episode in quite a while. [​IMG]
    Marshall's asides and reaction shots (esp. after Syd's kiss) continue to entertain. Casting him was a real work of genius.
    If there's one thing wrong, however, it's that nobody seems to be able to do a convincing English accent. Not Sark, not Syd, and certainly not Marshall. That guard had to be an agent himself not to realise [​IMG] Still, I guess the target audience is none the wiser.
    And finally, the return of the Dentist! It would be funny if he turns out to be the top bad guy, who just loves his work too much to give it to a subordinate...

11. Michael Martin

Michael Martin Screenwriter

Agreed that last night's episode was quite good, and had all the right elements. While I am a big fan of the show, last week's episode didn't work that well for me.

Loved the pairing of Marshall and Sydney. Helped infuse the mission sequence with some real tension, and as others have noted, Marshall's Ewok line was hysterical.

Really liked the subtle and contradictory currents between Jack and Irina. And Jack is understandably nervous about Faye Dunaway poking around his life. I think the CIA would probably back off from using him for a while to keep him safe, but the show probably won't do that.

I think, to maintain the dramatic edge of the show, they're going to have to be willing to kill off - and KEEP them dead - some major supporting characters. Or at the very least, be willing to inflict some major physical and/or emotional harm to them. As much as I really like Marshall, the show should have the guts to allow him to be killed or gorked beyond helping. Perhaps killing off Jack or Irina (or even Vaughn) sometime in the near future. The business they do is simply too dangerous for someone not to get killed or seriously sidelined.

12. Bryce Miner

Bryce Miner Stunt Coordinator

I too had a laugh with Marshall's Mission. Is this going to air next week? I didn't see scenes for the next alias during the credits.

It was nice to see Sydney all dressed up again!...wa hoo.

Sark has to be involved with Marshalls capturing.

13. MikeAlletto

I could live with Marshall being killed off, but not any of the really major character, vaughn, jack or sydney, the others can go though [​IMG]

14. Paul P

Paul P Stunt Coordinator

15. Joel Mack

Joel Mack Cinematographer

Did anyone else notice this:
    < O >
    during the opening credits? I'd never noticed it before. It replaces the "Alias" logo for about 1 frame...
    What do you suppose it means?

16. Allen W

Allen W Stunt Coordinator

How about Irina dropping the bomb on Jack that they are still married. The looks Lena Olin give him at times are priceless, even in prison and as much as he says he hates her, I think she still has him a grip on him.

Vaughn is playing the good guy helping his girlfriend through a tough time. He's going to try and make another play on Syd as soon as he can though.

There were no scenes of any upcoming shows - after the credits, when will the next episode be (not a repeat)?

17. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

I think the next new Alias will be on Jan. 5, 2003.

18. Paul P

Paul P Stunt Coordinator

Not to be lewd, but did anyone notice an increased bust size in Jennifer Garner in this Ep? Strange.

19. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Push up bras.

20. MikeAlletto