What's new

Alias - 12/07/03 - Remnants (1 Viewer)

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
The fact that Lindsey was the target of the assassination was telegraphed a bit too obviously, but it was fun to see it play out anyway. Even though it had an amusing dialog exchange, the scene with Sloane paying the assassin should have been omitted. As soon as he mentioned that the target was a government employee with no reference to gender, we all knew what the score was.

Lindsey needed some secret agent training. If he had it, he would have had three or more "in the event of my death" contingencies and let Sloane know about two of them as part of his blackmail scheme. :)

Regards,

Bill MacAdoo

Stunt Coordinator
And I found Will defeating Evil Francie in one-on-one combat stretching believability - Sydney barely did it, and Sydney is much more competent than Will.
Perhaps the element of surprise? Allison would expect Sidney to be able to fight like that, but Will showing some skillz may have put her off her game. It was a sweet moment when he drove the knife into her heart. I hope she's really dead, but I certainly won't be surprised if she isn't.

I had a feeling it was Lindsey that Sloane was setting up for the assassin's bullet. Especially went they went out of their way to NOT reveal who it was when Sloane met the shooter.

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
Evil Francie is not dead. She probably does have some super healing power, that's why she survived the first several gunshot wounds. It has something to do with Rimbaldi.

Will lost his "post coital" buzz real quick, didn't he. "Yeah, I've been wanting to do that for 8 years . . . oh yeah, spy stuff, I forgot!"

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Lindsey needed some secret agent training. If he had it, he would have had three or more "in the event of my death" contingencies and let Sloane know about two of them as part of his blackmail scheme.
I can't believe he didn't have an "in the event of my death" talk with Sloane. He should have known better than to trust Sloane not to double-cross him in that way. Still, he might have had such a contingency in place and we'll see later how it plays.

I thought that Sydney would have also shot Allison in the head just to make sure - since she knew about her healing powers. Still, maybe the knife in the heart did the trick. As for Sark, well, she was in a rush to get to Will.

I am glad that the episode seemed to wrap up a few matters. I thought that either Lindsey was going to get shot or (small possibility) it would end with a cliffhanger and Sydney being shot, but not fatally shot (maybe with the bullet going through both of them).

Neil

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
I thought this episode was awesome, there was so much going on it was great. I like Will and his English accent was hillarious, "You little cheeky bastard." He had no hesitation about pulling the gun on Syd, I liked that. Also, I have no problem with Will and Syd hooking up that night, and in pretty much any situation like that, the same thing would of happened to anyone. They both care for each other, they both were lonely, and they both needed to get laid.

The picture of Sark taking the box looked like the cover of A Clockwork Orange

Jon Mercer

Second Unit
Ok, now we know that Syd "Julia" was working WITH Lazaray (SP) and up til now we assumed that she was working for the "Covenient" if that is true why on Earth did Lazaray react with such fear and hatred when asked about the Covenient? Is it possible there may be a third party involved that Julia was actually working for...

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I thought it was great to see will back and if they had really wanted to they could have worked him back in on a regular basis.
Loved the undercover thing that he and Sydney went on and didnt mind them "doing it" at all. They were both people who dont have a lot left and they needed someone.It was right for the characters.
I think if Allison comes back again that would really be pushing creditability. Sure no one watches Alias for realism but someone surviving bullets and then a knife would be a bit too Jason and Freddie.

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
"You little cheeky bastard."
Hilarious stuff. Loved that line.

Glad Will was back. Hopefully he'll show up some more.

Don't know if FF is really dead or not. Hopefully she is, but maybe the kryptonite rocks made her have super regenerative powers....wait-a-tic....wrong show. Sorry :frowning:

Sloane, the Emperor Sidious/Palpatine of the tv world. He's a badass.

Saw Lindsey getting shot from all the way from last week.

Jack hitting Lindsey was a sweet moment as well.

Sark is an evil SOB....

Damn I love this show.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
I thought it was great to see will back and if they had really wanted to they could have worked him back in on a regular basis.
Unfortunately there's that whole money thing that led to him and Merrin Dungey getting the axe. I don't know how much they are paying Melissa George but it must be ridiculously less than these two. Of course, they could always use the Sharon Stone money they were gonna pay Lena Olin... :)

Don Black

Screenwriter
Well, the series isn't that huge a success to justify high salaries. I think they are only paying Jennifer Garner like $7M/season.

It's kind of like Buffy... Cult following but not Friends/CSI money.

John Watson

Screenwriter
$7 Million!

Imagine if she could act or sing :D

Sloane is the only one on the show I can like. Everybody threatens him. Maybe even Marshall will one day ! :emoji_thumbsup:

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor
Syd should have at least gouged out Sark's eyes and delivered a coup de grace to Allison (three pills to the head). Will's handgun was nearby on the floor and surely retrieved before exiting.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
No one's nitpicked this one yet, but it seemed to me that Will dropping the knife there wasn't a good idea, with his fingerprints and all on it. Then I thought, this is the Alias universe so it doesn't matter. It probably will be picked up by Evil Francie when she wakes up after her healing process is done or Sark would pick it up. Or the CIA will have already taken care of his fingeprints. Nevermind.

I bet that we've not heard the last of Lindsey, or Evil Francie, both survive.

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
Will annoyed me up until he turned the tables on the Asian tooth removal torturer in Season 1. From that moment on he earned my respect and continues to.
Agreed. He was actually the best thing in that episode. And his British accent was great! I usually complain at how very bad the British accents are in these shows (Sark's, Syd's, Lauren's), but Bradley Cooper nailed it. Australian? Don't make me laugh.

Great episode. :) *So* much better than last week's. I don't even care how Sark knew where Will would meet Lazarey, and how Lazarey would know which hotel Syd would hide the box...

Sven Lorenz

Supporting Actor
One small nitpick: the name of the hotel was "Verlustzeit" which is grammatically incorrect - it would translate into English as "Loss Time". I think they were trying to call the hotel "Lost Time" which would have been "Verlorene Zeit" in German.
They usually take more care of things like this.

MarcS

Stunt Coordinator
What about...?

The vial that has living tissue in it, with Rimbaldi's name on the side of the box. Is it Syd's? She has that unexplained scar... And what about in the earlier seasons when she was supposed to be "the one" in the prophesy--was that ever really resolved except letting us believe it was her mother?

Is she still linked to Rimbaldi? Does Sloan know this, and was it part of his plan for her to recover this Rimbaldi artifact?

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
So Syd and Will can do it without involving any emotions. Oh yeah, totally realistic.

We never talked about it
Yeah. I kinda like that
What? I guess it made sense but why oh why does television always have to revert to sex for entertainment?

EvilFrancie isn't dead but why would they not even make an effort to take Sark with them? And where is Carrie Bowman? And more Weiss please. Weiss is a character that seems real and grounds the show to some kind of reality. He doesn't look like a supermodel like everyone else on the show but he's handsome in a very real way. It feels like he's the kind of guy you would meet someday.

And Lindsey, I don't really care. I still miss the good ol' days of smarmy baldness with Kendall. I loved Kendall.

Yeah I guess Will was cool but lately like 24 (Up until Tuesday's awesome Hour 7!!) It seems to have lost that certain spark that makes Alias Alias. I don't know what it is but something is off.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks