What's new

Alias 12/02/01 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Another fun episode of "spy-on-spy" tonight, with a heckuva cliff-hanger, and yes, I was peeved that the hour was up! So I guess I was involved in the episode. :)
Anyhow, Sidney's dad covered up most of the "Kate Jones" tracks, and nuked Will's news story on it when none of his facts checked out, but Will found a "bug" in "Kate Jones"'s car when she had it repaired by one of Will's mechanic friends and since she was killed by SD-6, her car left Will the "bug" clue. So Will will probably wind up close to death as he keep pushing for more clues to who "Kate Jones" is, and will probably figure out that Sidney is some sort of agent (when he puts her travel schedule into the mix).
It's pretty cool how everything that Sidney brings back home to SD-6 actually builds into a larger puzzle.
Sidney probably didn't pass her lie detector test (if you believe the previews), but it may be some mis-direction to keep us even closer to the edge of our seats.
Re: Sidney's mom's book:
I'm now convinced that Sidney's mom was the KGB agent that she keeps acusing her dad of being. It must have been really painful for Jack Bristow to allow his wife be "retired" with his knowledge.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
A fun episode, but I'm starting to wonder whether I'm enjoying the show because of or in spite of the science-fictional elements. It seemed to be strongly implied that the clockmaker's descendant was actually the original clockmaker himself, and I'm not sure how well the leap from amazing precognative abilities to massively extended lifespaces sits with me.

That aside, though, the show is a whole bunch of fun, and I'm even starting to get less aggravated with the cliffhangers.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Sidney probably didn't pass her lie detector test (if you believe the previews), but it may be some mis-direction to keep us even closer to the edge of our seats.
Assuming she's the "Bristow" referred to at the end and in the previews.

I'm not sure why ABC kept hawking this episode as "the one where everything changes" (or words to that effect). The various storylines being developed are the same ones we've been seeing for some time now.

M.

Craig P

Stunt Coordinator
Well, until I saw the preview for next week (by accident, I don't like getting spoiled), I figured they missed both Bristows and found a mole for K-Directorate, which would neatly explain how Sidney and what's-his-name were found in Argentina. But now we have a hit being put on "Bristow" -- I'm suspicious that it's father, not daughter, as the first name wasn't mentioned and it seems likely there'd be misdirection.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
I _really_ like this show!

It seems rather complex and they don't always spell the plot out. I hope ABC can give this a better timeslot in Jan. Being up against a Law and Order show isn't really a good thing.

Gord

Dave Morton

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
I'm thinking that the father is the one who is suspected as the mole. He probably failed on purpose.

Also, I agree that her mother was probably kgb. I also wish the reporter guy would get bumped. He's so annoying.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I also think the "Bristow" mole is typical mis-direction, and refers to her father. Assuming so: did he goof, or did he fail purposefully to take the heat from Sidney? Besides, the series can't very well continue if Sidney is killed. Although we all know she dies from the fall, anyway (I believe future episodes store her clone; SD-6 clones all its employees for just such contigencies :) )
What I REALLY don't like are ABC's spoiler previews before the commercials! I'm already watching the show! I will see what's coming up in 45 seconds! Don't ruin the surprises for me! :angry: :angry: :angry: ( :angry: )
I hadn't thought about Sid's mom beig the KGB agent. Hmmm... interesting...

Jon Mercer

Second Unit
To me this is probably one of the funnest hours on TV.
(I hope I have these spoiler tags figured out)
My wife thinks that
Dixon (Sidneys partner) is a mole for K-directorite, and after how they showed at the end of the episode I think shes right.

Didn't see any previews for next week - but that was a cool cliff hanger.;)

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
What I REALLY don't like are ABC's spoiler previews before the commercials! I'm already watching the show! I will see what's coming up in 45 seconds! Don't ruin the surprises for me!

Ya, what was up with that? Not only did it spoil it, but it just seemed cheesy.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Standard, keep-'em-tuned-in shtick. The news does it; the reality shows do it; so why should we be surprised when the dramatic series do it?

The best parody of these things I've ever seen is in the film Series 7: The Contenders.

M.

Brett Jason

Stunt Coordinator
The commercial spoilers for the next scene are absolutely horrible. Glad I'm not the only one bothered by it.

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
My first thought was that she failed the test, but that she would be able to explain it by stating that she discovered that her dad had been a double agent for the KGB, and that is what she thought about when the "double agent" question was asked.

But, then again, it does seem that K-Directorate is always there whenever she is with her partner. Interesting!

Craig P

Stunt Coordinator
Those spoiler previews are mildly annoying, but knowing they're coming, I can mute them easily enough. They're not difficult to avoid. Of course, it also makes it a lot more likely I'll keep it muted and ignore the commercials -- I'm not sure that's really what they had in mind.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Wow, for once I'm glad I watch a show on CTV here in Canada. We don't get the spoiler crap that ABC is showing, and the few times I've taped the show off ABC I guess I fast-forwarded right through the spoiler footage.

Phew!

Gord

P.S. You guys raised some interesting points in the spoiler tags that I hadn't thought about before. Damn, this is SUCH a good show!

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Come now, nobody dies from laying down on a bluescreen and flailing their arms around.
What are you saying? That Sidney Bristow isn't a real secret double-agent woman? That this is just a fictional character? That, this isn't real!?! Bah. I bet you're loads of fun when it comes to Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy :D
(good heavens! edited for spelling)

Brad Grenz

Second Unit
Hey, all I'm saying is that if you want to show someone falling, film someone falling. They make big cushy mats for that sort of thing.

Jon Mercer

Second Unit
Not sure but wouldn't that (a big mat) require a stunt double? I'm not sure if they already use a stunt double but it sure looks like there isn't one.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks