Alias, 12/01/02

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by John_VI, Dec 1, 2002.

1. John_VI

John_VI Second Unit

This show just keeps getting better and better. What the hell are Sark and Sloan up to? Who is blackmailing Sloan? Was the "item" (in the box) that Sloan received the genuine article? Will the CIA finally hire Will, because they realize that he's a damned good investigator? What the hell is Irena Derevko's ultimate objective? Will Jack fall prey to her charms....again??

It appears that EVERYTHING that Irena does is calculated for impact/response. And Lena Olin is doing a damned good job in portraying the character. How can SD-6 be so oblivious to the fact of her surrender to CIA?

Another tidbit that I picked up on tonight. JMO, mind you, but I think it is Jack that is screwing with Sloan's mind about Emily. When Sydney asked Jack what he had told Sloan as a cover for their mission to Kashmir, he simply stated, "I've handled Sloan," or something to that effect. Then Sloan gets that little package to keep him mind on Emily and OFF of Jack and Syd's whereabouts.

Can wait for next week!

2. Angel Pagan

Angel Pagan Second Unit

3. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

The best part of last night's episode was to watch Irina yank Jack's chain with so little effort. Jack would jump Irina in a heartbeat if there were no repurcussions because he's still got the hots for her.

Jack is probably yanking Sloane chain with Emily's dead body to keep him distracted and pre-occupied. That was sort of expected, to see her ring finger delivered in a box to SD-6. I'm sure security already x-rayed it and knows a finger was in there. Gruesome...

I noticed a larger sense of James Bond type of music played throughout the episode, and the impending danger music cues being played right before a commercial break.

The Will-Vaughn angle is going to pay off big, and Will's going get him a job in the spy biz sooner or later.

If Irina is to be trusted, it was smart of her to not let Sark know of the double-agent status of either Jack or Sydney, that gives her an internal bargaining chip for this current contingency. If Sark knew (and he still well might), then it might be all too easy for him to slip up in some capacity and give Irina away. The less Sark knew, the better it was for Irina (who doesn't strike me as a person who gives away bargaining chips carelessly).

There were a few "family" shots (leaving the holding cell), and "the family that shoots together, stays together" shot that were just a bit too cute. At least they didn't end the episode with being captured, but went ahead and got them out of that tight spot, and then had them walk into the darkness (sort of like in the ending in Fellowship of the Ring with Sam and Frodo marching towards the towers.
    )

4. Bryce Miner

Bryce Miner Stunt Coordinator

Doesn't Sark know of Vaughn? If so then why doesn't Sark question Vaughn's whereabouts with Sloan if Sark believed Vaughn was with sd6. How is the relationship between Sark and Irina? Isn't he under her and received orders from her? Irina is out of the picture now wouldn't Sark be curious about her? or know she turned her self in already or what...

as far as receiving emily's finger....how do we know it's not from her corpse.

I've just had a few thoughts

5. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

I wouldn't doubt Jack (or whoever) having Emily's body dug up just so he could play with his mind as he's doing (if Jack's really the one messing with Sloane).

6. Steven Wesley

Steven Wesley Second Unit

Steve
    I disagree that the show is getting better. This season has been a letdown for me. The story arc is week, less suspense week to week, and a general "dumbing down" of the plotlines. Last night with the whole "let's release SpyMommy so she can help us" was a little too much.

7. Jeff Kohn

Jeff Kohn Supporting Actor

Yeah, this whole Spy-Family bit is just a little too corny for me. And the way they brought Sark over seems like sloppy writing to me. I also find it strange how much Sydney and Vaughn are willing to tell Will about stuff that he has no business knowing.

8. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

Who else laughed at the "Hi, I'm Marshall, don't kill me." line?

9. Thomas H G

Thomas H G Screenwriter

It was said befor the season that they were going to try and "simplify" story lines so J6P wouldn't have to jump through hoops to follow the story. They're trying to build a bigger audience.

10. Joel C

Joel C Screenwriter

I think it's not about simple stories. Rather, the dysfunctional familyy story is the one JJ wants to tell. Some audience members like it, some don't.

But all think Lena Olin is smmmmmmmokin'.

11. Michael Martin

Michael Martin Screenwriter

12. Ty Zucker

Ty Zucker Stunt Coordinator

Yes, the "Hi, I'm Marshall. Don't kill me." line was hilarious! My wife and I started laughing out loud at that.

13. Jason Quillen

Jason Quillen Supporting Actor

14. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

Jason, after having my memory sent back to Irina changing clothes in the train car, I totally forgot any of your other points on the writing lapses in this show. [​IMG]

15. Jason Quillen

Jason Quillen Supporting Actor

Hmm...So, Patrick, are you saying I should move my compliments to the top of my post, so the memory of Irina changing doesnt overshadow my criticisms? [​IMG] [​IMG]
    JQ

16. Steven Wesley

Steven Wesley Second Unit

Steve

17. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

I would have quit reading after the compliments of Lena Olin no matter where they were in a post.

18. PhilipG

PhilipG Cinematographer

Colour me unimpressed with this season so far (except for Lena Olin [​IMG] ). The backstory is moving too slowly, and is in dangerous "one question leads to two more" territory (which made The X-Files so annoying). At the moment it's a cross between Tomb Raider, The A-Team and Bugs - not the best of ingredients.

19. Thomas H G

Thomas H G Screenwriter

I like the show.

20. Elizabeth S

Elizabeth S Producer

Elizabeth S
    While the show is not nearly as captivating as last season, I'll continue to watch. I'm becoming very annoyed at the Vaughn/Sidney relationship. That awful, hokey scene with his monologue about the watch was terrible!

And I really hated the use of that song after the family had shot down those guys. . .

The "dumbing down" of the show is alienating its loyal fans, but it's usually too late at this point to draw many new viewers who had prior awareness of the show but just weren't interested.

With the low ratings, the show may be axed before it "jumps the Sark".