What's new

Alias 11/3/02 (1 Viewer)

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
Son of a mother what a heart-wrenching episode. Sydney's "programmed" after all. I knew girls couldn't learn that fast :). Just kidding. And what in God's name is she going to do with her father. Talk about disfunctional family. So I guess it shouldn't be too long till we find that Vaughn is Sydney's brother. Of course that's after they makeout like Luke and Leia.

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
I'm lost. Next week looks interesting.
Emily is alive and well working for KGB/KDirectorate/who knows what
Jack is more of a slimeball than I thought.
Will is still alive
Syd goes under the knife and Vaughn gives her a kidney?, Liver section?, Marrow?, a visit?...
Vaughn is Syd's clone? twin? father? cousin? brother? secret child agent classmate?
Dixon is playing dumb.
Onto the next episode we go. This has to be some sort of miracle that we haven't had one 3 week space without a new episode yet. :D

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
They show us a brief glimpse of Amy Irving in the promo, but focus on Syd and Vaughn.... if that isn't the very definition of sleight of hand, I don't know what is.

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
I think we all called it that Sloan's wife wasn't dead. And how about the look on Jack's face when he read the CIA daily report, and saw that Vaughn had talked to the terrorist. Man, this is a great show.

So, now what is going to happen to Syd's mom? Will they say that she didn't violate the agreement, now that they know that it was Jack who rigged the explosives?

I missed the previews this week. Sounds like it's going to get even better!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I think somebody that wanted the seat is messing with Sloane's head. I think Emily is still dead.

What was with the extra extra awkward pause during Marshall's demo of the lip gloss camera launcher?

The scene with Syd and Jack at the end was no more tortured than at the beginning of the series last season. It's come full circle once again for them and the secrets from the past.

Will Jack's deception be revealed to anyone else besides Syd and Vaughn? Jack will have to deal with the bomb setup guy as well (probably just make him disappear...).

John_VI

Second Unit
Wow, another great episode in a truly great season for a wonderful series (I didn't think I could actually put that many lauditory comments in one sentence!!). The pace this series has held this season is remarkable, and the previews (for yet another new episode next Sunday) show no sign of it letting up.

I don't think Vaughn and Syd have done the kissy face thing, although the previews would lead one to think that. I think it's great that the writers have kept that tension alive, without succumbing to the easy "roll-in-the-hay" that most other shows would have by now.

One problem, though. Did anything else think it was odd that a double agent would testify before a Senate committee? Talk about a sure-fire way to get your cover blown!

I thought it was wonderful that the 16 "next generation" weapons were, literally, from the next generation - of humans! And that Syd was similarly selected and programmed is classic. I have to say that I didn't see that coming, right up to the point that she realized it in her hypnotic regression. But I guess that's the point of great writing, eh?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I didn't find the whiz kid spy programming all that far fetched. It was hinted at for so long (2 weeks is a long time in the middle of a current TV season) I expected something along those lines (Syd getting trained and mem-wiped, becoming a sleeper agent).

John_Lee

Supporting Actor
Does anyone know of a site for music used in episodes? I could've sworn that Joni Mitchell's 'River' had been used in a previous ep of Alias.

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
One problem, though. Did anything else think it was odd that a double agent would testify before a Senate committee? Talk about a sure-fire way to get your cover blown!
John,
I forgot to mention that. I thought about that immediately when they showed it. "Hmm, hope no one on that senate sub-committee is working for SD-6!"

This has become my 2nd favorite show on TV, behind NYPD Blue (gotta love Sipowicz). It's very well written, with lots of plot twists and surprizes! And Jennifer Garner ain't hard on the eyes, either!

Jason Quillen

Supporting Actor
I just watched the episode (Sunday @ 9 is a busy time). I rarely have a problem with any episode of Alias, but damn this weeks episode was so predictable it was sad. As soon as Syd saw those kids I knew it. Then factor in the CIA womans mention of "the KGB tried it in the 80's" plus the non-too subtle hints that something traumatizing happened to Syd after her mom 'died' and you come up with an extremely underwhelming, predictable episode. Dont get me started on the EXTREMELY convenient way they got Jacks terrorist to LA and how Vaughn's old buddy who is working on the case conveniently came to see Vaughn :rolleyes:. That was the most blatant case of lazy writing that I've seen in a long time.
The best part of the episode was what's going on with Sloane (sp?). But I will say that if Emily turns out to be alive, Alias will have successfully overplayed the old Marvel comics "This character is dead - NOPE, just kidding!" card in just under 1 and 1/4 seasons, reducing any future significant deaths on the show to throw away emotion less scenes - because, hey, the character could have taken an antidote - or sucked air out of a tire - or not really drowned. Whats next, clones?
Alias has always stretched what is believable (which is fine with me, its what makes the show fun) - but this week they stretched it too far just so they could wrap it up in a nice convenient package. Come on, Alias, you've proven you can do better then this.
Sorry to be down on Alias this week - but this episode brought it on itself.
JQ

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
What was with the extra extra awkward pause during Marshall's demo of the lip gloss camera launcher?
Patrick, I think he was just looking at himself on TV and than back at the camera; I have done that at the Mall or a place that has the camera and TV hooked up. I thought it was funny.

The WTF look on Jack's face after Sloan confessed to him about killing his own wife was great.

Oh yeah, what was with the awkward pause after Jack briefed everyone in SD-6 on the "new generation weapons"? It seemed like Jack said too much cause everyone had an odd look on their face, even Sloan. Was it because Jack was the man who started that program?

Also, was that a Actress switch with the new Shrink or is she a different character altogether?

Great show.

Kevin Farley

Second Unit
Marshall makes the show. He's like a combination of my friend (japanophile,computer programmer/animator, video game freak, all around cool guy, more add than me) and Q from Bond. I love when he gets so into his gadgets, like when he was talking about being at the beach and needing lip gloss... his bits are hilarious. When he thought that they were being hacked, he really went ballistic. Being in IT, he's kinda like a hero. I really hope they develop him more, and if/when SD6 gets taken down that he is brought over to the CIA and not punished; he absolutely has no idea that he's working for the bad guys.

Killer episode. I have to disagree with Jason's cynicism. I think the Emily storyline and the child programming storyline are great. Now, we may get to see that it's not so black and white about her father being good and her mother being bad... Who actually killed Vaughn's father? I wouldn't put it past that Jack killed him and blamed it on the mother... He's trying awful hard to get rid of her...

I like the music this season, but I miss the hardcore techno feel of last season. And what's with not playing the opening sequence anymore? We love dancing around, singing, and air drumming to the theme song... dun..tikatika..da.na......tikatikatikatika (repeat) It gets you psyched for the show.

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
AFAIK, this is only the second time they've skipped the opening theme this season (Sunday and the premiere)...

I did prefer the old intro/backstory bit with Sydney doing the voiceover...

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
was that a Actress switch with the new Shrink or is she a different character altogether?
Different character. There's the blonde that does all the talking about feelings, and the brunette that does the hypnosis stuff.

//Ken

Kevin Goodwin

Stunt Coordinator
I think I read in EW that Marshall will be going on an assignment in a future episode. THAT should be amusing.

Bryce Miner

Stunt Coordinator
My friend taped the show and re-watched scenes for the next alias and there is something interesting she spotted out:
For a split second there was shot of Sloan walking down a street and on the other side is Emily looking at him with sunglasses on.

Should be interesting next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks