Alias - 11/23/03 - Breaking Point

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Kevin Porter, Nov 23, 2003.

1. Kevin Porter

Kevin Porter Supporting Actor

Woohoo! Alias is back from a brief hiatus. Now that the season has "offically" started (the opinion of many an Alias fan), what can top the last amazing episode?

Well now that Ms. Olin won't be back for the next 14 episodes [​IMG], what are they going to do next to keep it fresh. And what's the deal with all the Rambaldi stuff still hanging out there? I want to know what really went down 2 years ago with Sloane. Anyone up for some more Jack in action? I don't think there's anyone who would object to that. This guy is the best.

2. Robert Ringwald

Robert Ringwald Cinematographer

very well done. So much happened, yet so little. I'm very pleased with tonight's episode. The trick on Sydney in the cell was cruel, as was the realization that she wasn't a threat at all, but merely had information that was needed.

This season started with a bang, and hasn't slowed down yet...

3. David Williams

David Williams Cinematographer

That completely and totally rocked me!!!

Lauren did a big thing for Sydney by killing 'Campbell' and helping her break out (P.S. I don't think the advert for next week is entirely accurate). Sloane is creeping me out... is there just the slightest, tiny possibility he has reformed?

Nah.

I have a feeling the winter hiatus begins after the next episode. It's gonna be a long wait until January (whimper, sob).

4. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

How about "Shaft" helping to break Sydney out of that "prison"?

How about that guy from "Identity" being the faux cellmate for Sydney?

How about the JackCave and all those toys?

How about Sloane taking a bullet for good ol' Jack?

5. Don Black

Don Black Screenwriter

JackCave... LOL.

6. John Watson

John Watson Screenwriter

Nice to see Lauren shoot "Fat Bastard".

I guess Mr Dixon will be back in the governments good books, or will all the Bristow gang go deeper underground?

Kept waiting for the musical cue for "that ___, he's a bad mother____" [​IMG]

7. DwightK

DwightK Second Unit

You missed Marshal's amazing skill using an xbox to hack into that security. Silliness.

Fun ep as always.

8. Don Black

Don Black Screenwriter

It's possible. =) Xbox does run Linux after all... And what with the NSA backdoors in all Microsoft code... =)

9. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

"While it looks like an XBOX..."

10. Dave Morton

Dave Morton Supporting Actor

Dave
    C'mon, Jack doing the surgery? "I only wear glasses when I'm doing surgery". I thought that was a bit far fetched. And Lauren helping seemed to be out of character too.

I liked that Sloan was bringing up the strain on the marriage routine with Vaughn. It's typical of sloane trying to get under the skin of someone else. Shows that he's up to his old tricks and has a hidden agenda.

I wonder what coordinates Sydney gave them? Would be funny if it was Wrigley field like the Blues Brothers did.

11. Brajesh Upadhyay

Brajesh Upadhyay Supporting Actor

Terrific episode! This season is a lot better than season two. Between 'Alias' & '24', we're getting a good dose of edge-of-your-seat action/suspense.

12. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    Well, if anybody got the lat/long coordinates, you can certainly find out on the internet. MS's terraserver comes to mind as it allows you to enter lat/long coordinates into their database. The only thing is if you do not know the map Datum (WGS-84, NAD27-CONUS, etc. etc.) you can be off by a bit so if the location is like somebody's mailbox, then you will need the map datum (Which NOBODY ever seems to understand on TV!) to get an accurate location.

Jay

13. RobertW

RobertW Supporting Actor

boy has pruitt taylor vince been packing on the pounds! he was always big, but now he's entering marlon brando or orson welles territory.

14. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

For a while I thought Butterbean was in the cell next to Sydney's.

15. Mikel_Cooperman

Mikel_Cooperman Producer

Mikey

16. Matty P

Matty P Stunt Coordinator

another Daredevil related note in this ep as well...first we got Syd with the sais couple weeks back and the shock doc last night was the same actor who played Elektra's father in the movie...

17. Chris Rock

Chris Rock Supporting Actor

I want to know how Jack has all that stuff. He's definitely a "Jack-of-all-trades". Har.

18. ThomasC

ThomasC Lead Actor

19. John_VI

John_VI Second Unit

Great episode.

[paraphrase] "You'd better hope that I'm incapacitated when you're done!" [/paraphrase]

LOL @ the Jack Cave!

Vaughn: "I'm betting that since you're showing me this, that you have more than one."

Jack: "You're smarter than you look."

And then later in the episode (although I forget what Jack said to elicit this response from Vaughn):

Vaughn: "You're starting to like me."

I don't think that Lauren was out of character at all when she killed Campbell. From the look on her face, she was obviously tortured by what she had done. But I still think they have that character mis-cast.

Obviously (I can't believe I just used that word in connection with this series), the Bristows will have to go deep underground. That may free them to act with impugnity against both the Covenant and the NSA. Jack and Syd as freelancers? Might be way better then cool, especially now that we know that Jack has some tremendous resources at his disposal, and with Sloan feeding them intel.

Then again, it's just as possible that next week's episode will open with a mission briefing in the task force conf room, with Kendall (coming back as the task force director) doing the brief, and explaining that Jack and Syd have been cleared of all wrong-doing, and that the NSA puke (what's his name?) has been jailed for his actions. And that Dixon has been demoted and will once again be Syd's partner.

20. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    Seconds typically come in decimals, probably a problem with the form. I entered that in to as 56, check out the Topo map too, perhaps somebody familiar with Glendale can tell us what that address actually is.. Or maybe one should check if you can use Mapquest and enter the lat/long and see if you can get a street address... Maybe it's a Geocache!!! (www.geocaching.com)

Jay