Alias - 11/09/03 - Prelude

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Kevin Porter, Nov 9, 2003.

1. Kevin Porter

Kevin Porter Supporting Actor

Well judging by the previews, it's all hitting the fan tonight. Lauren and her evil NSC goons are bringing it down on Sydney. But the bigger question remains, what country is Lauren really from?

And what's the deal with super-duper Evil Francie? So if Syd's the one in the prophecy, what would that make her?

2. PhilipG

PhilipG Cinematographer

Having seen this episode, I rate it as the best in a long while. [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Matthew_Millheiser

Matthew_Millheiser Supporting Actor

CRAP! My TIVO died at about 44 minutes into the episode. The last scene was at the airport when Sydney told Vaugn she needed to go Italy. Then *BAM*, episode's over. Can someone fill me on what happened from that point on?

Up until then, this was a great episode, probably the best of the year so far. I'm just dying to know what happened in the last ten minutes!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Kevin Porter

Matthew:

Syd flies off to Rome and goes into the apartment using the key given to her from Sloane. While this is going on, the stunning Ms. Reed informs Dixon that he is relieved of his duties and I think there was a lockdown or something. Can anyone confirm that. Anyway, Syd's in the apartment and all of a sudden she's arrested by these people obviously NSC. End scene.

And don't anyone who taped it watched the preview for the next episode. Apparently Sloane gets shot

Wow. What a great ep. Alias is finally back after a long beginning of okay episodes! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Brett Jason

Brett Jason Stunt Coordinator

Nice nod to Elektra, with Syd's use of the sais [​IMG]

6. Kevin Porter

7. Matthew_Millheiser

Matthew_Millheiser Supporting Actor

Thanks Kevin, much appreciated!

8. Joel C

Joel C Screenwriter

9. David Williams

David Williams Cinematographer

10. Marc_Sulinski

Marc_Sulinski Supporting Actor

So, is there any speculation on how they knew she was in Rome? I doubt Vaughn said anything. Even if he did, all he knew was Rome, not the address. Maybe Sloan really did know how to decript the code and leaked the info to the NSC?

11. Thomas H G

Thomas H G Screenwriter

My guess would be the guy on the phone in the apartment building when Sydney was walking to her door in the apartment building.

12. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Damn, 2 weeks before the next episode (due to the American Music Awards on next Sunday night).

13. Kelly W

Kelly W Second Unit

My take on the ending was that it was the Italian police/intelligence/whatever who arrested Sydney (thinking she was Julia) and *NOT* the NSC. I thought that the guy on the cell phone was an Italian agent staking out Julia Thorne's apartment, and when she arrived, he made his phone call.

From what we learned in the show, nobody but Sloane, Jack, Vaughn, and Sydney even knew about Rome. The NSC shouldn't have been there. I just thought that the Italians had wanted "Julia" for crimes she had committed during the past two years. (Didn't the arresting "officer" speak to her in Italian?)

I was envisioning the complications arising from negotiating with the Italian government for getting Sydney back when they think they have someone else in custody who they want to imprison for a whole other set of crimes.

I guess we'll find out in two weeks. [​IMG]

-Kelly

14. Michael Martin

Michael Martin Screenwriter

My hope for this season was partially restored by this episode - a great fusing of action, emotion, and plot.

And any episode with Jack getting nasty is a good episode, indeed.

15. Mikel_Cooperman

Mikel_Cooperman Producer

Mikey
    Great episode. A very pivotol episode.

16. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden Producer
    Reviewer

Kenneth McAlinden
    They are really picking the pace up, now. They crammed about as much stuff between commercial breaks with entertaining pay-offs as other shows would cram into a whole episode.

The Chinese caper, Jack's handling of the informant, Sydney's exposure by Sark, Rome. Insane pacing and maximum momentum, just like the good old days.

Regards,

17. Guy_Uhler

Guy_Uhler Extra

I was just wondering if anyone could give me a very brief summary of what happened in Season Two. I watched avidly during Season 1 and then the damn WB switched Angel to Sunday nights so I missed much of the second season and about this Prophecy. So, although, that the show has picked up with this new storyline, I'd still like a little backround stuff. Can anyone help me? Thanks[​IMG]

18. Randy Tennison

Randy Tennison Screenwriter

Randy
    I loved to confrontation between Jack and Vaughn. When Vaughn pushed Jack to the wall, I thought, "It's On!". But, Jack made his point, and then shoved Vaughn back. I thought that scene was played perfectly.

We aren't done with Rambaldi. Sloan is using Syd to finish the device, or the prophecy, or something.