Alias 10/20/02

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Patrick Sun, Oct 20, 2002.

1. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Another whirlwind episode with enough emotional subtext and manipulation to really grab you along for the ride. I still can't believe how fast each episode moves.

Jack finally gets a bit of revenge on Irina. Sydney's world crumbles a bit. Will doesn't falter (Conspiracy Chick was a cutie). Kendall feels like dork. Emily enjoys crank calls.

I have to wonder if Jack was smart enough to have his explosive man retrieve the bible from the house.

2. Frank Anderson

Frank Anderson Cinematographer

I finally gave up on several TV shows last week. Alias was one of them (West Wing another). I loved it when it first came out but has been going down hill for me.
    [​IMG]

3. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    Have you checked out Conspiracy Chick yet? Interested stuff, especially that CIA assassination guide...
    Jay

4. Dave Morton

Dave Morton Supporting Actor

Dave
    I have a feeling that Jack rigged the place to explode. It did seem strange that he knew to switch to infrared and figured it all out at the last minute. Plus it would be sweet revenge for him.

I too thought the conspiracy chick looked good. But much better when she was a druggy. I knew Will would hold out. He has way too much to lose to make a stupid mistake like that.

What is the deal with Emily at the hotel in napa valley? This is quite interesting.

5. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Jack spelled it out in the parking garage when he had one of his own mercenaries rig the house to blow up. The mercenary commented how he only needed to use a small amount of C4, but Jack wanted the whole place obliterated, thus Jack requested the larger payload of explosives used for this mission.

Jack, then, saved Syd and Vaughn from going into the house with his BS story about the infrared readings. Jack planned the setup from the get-go to convince Syd and Kendall that Irina can't be trusted.

6. Bryce Miner

Bryce Miner Stunt Coordinator

It will be interesting how Syd's mom will be involved now... I'm still confused with the whole Emily Sloan thing....If she is alive, is she held captive by SD6? Or if she is dead, who is taunting sloan? Mysterious.

7. Michael Martin

Michael Martin Screenwriter

8. MikeAlletto

MikeAlletto Cinematographer

So what do you all think Sydney's father did to her when she was little?

9. Joel Mack

Joel Mack Cinematographer

10. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

You have to hand it to the writing staff of Alias, they got us all a buzzing about the mysterious past actions of Jack w/r/t Sydney. Somewhere else, someone suggested that Sark and Sydney are related (through Irina), wouldn't that be a lark?

11. MikeAlletto

MikeAlletto Cinematographer

I think it would be awesome if Sark was related to Sydney [​IMG]

12. GordonL

GordonL Supporting Actor