Alias 10/13/02

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Patrick Sun, Oct 14, 2002.

1. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

And the intrigue continues.

Loved the power luge (have to wonder how the brakes were built into that contraption).

Syd's mom is just having fun parcelling out the info piece by piece. I think as a plot device, it's going to become too routine if Syd is always going to Mommie Dearest to get that last bit of info needed to go on the next mission.

Jack is on to Irina, but it might just compromise him to get to her. Irina is slowly landing her emotional hooks into Syd.

Sloane is actually all messed up over Emily's untimely death that he engineered. The look on his face gave him away to Syd when she tried to comfort him for his loss.

Will will probably get brought into the agency as an agent one of these days. Vaughn got to see that Will was pretty decent at making connections with past events once Vaughn explained some of the SOP to him.

I'll bet Sark knows a lot about what's going down with Irina being in CIA custody, and will act accordingly.

2. Bryce Miner

Bryce Miner Stunt Coordinator

Will Sydney escape from the frozen Ice she has fallen into? Sure looks like it from scenes from the next Alias....

I'm curious as to what the Father did to Sydney when she was little....hmm.

3. John_VI

John_VI Second Unit

IMO, what Jack "did" to Sydney was to give her to Sloan to raise, at least for some period of time. There have been some veiled references to it in past episodes, so I wouldn't be surprised if that was it. It would also explain why Sloan feels such a connection to Sydney. She could have had her memory erased thru drugs or hypnosis, and might regain some of those lost memories in later episodes. It would make for an interesting conflict with Jack.

Nice job by Syd to bury that ice pick-hammer into Sark's leg. That's gonna leave a mark!

Lena Olin is doing a great job at underplaying Irina. Never giving away too much. The look she had on her face when Syd told her about playing a turkey in the play could be interpreted two ways. First, it could be happiness that Syd shared something personal, and Irina was feeling a twinge of motherly love. Or more likely, it could be an expression of, "Gotcha!"

I still think the shrink is a double agent. She has waaaaaaay too much access to sensitive info, and would be a perfect SD-6 plant. Or more appropriately, a plant for Irina/Sark's org.

So is Emily still alive, or is someone screwing with Sloan's head? The garden coming back to life, the cryptic phone call from the B&B, Sloan's sense of Emily's presence.... Is it the Alliance messing with his mind? They did plant that chip in his body, after all. You gotta wonder....

4. PhilipG

PhilipG Cinematographer

I imagine the chip is there so they can kill/locate him quickly, if ever he was compromised.

The question was never "is Emily still alive?", the question was did Sloane manage to spirit her away, or did she fake her own death (if she was aware that Sloane was going to poison her, she could have taken the antedote prior to that happening). After last night's ep I'm leaning towards the latter. So... was she K-Directorate, or from Irina's organization?

Of course, now that Sark has the clever spy camera, he can find Irina (once she has betrayed Sydney); she probably has one of those chips in her head too. I think it's a bit silly for the CIA to put Irina so close to their secret HQ.

5. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    Wasn't Dixon's Siberia thing with the radar very similar to the movie Aliens?? I couldn't help but associate that device they have and the sense of impending doom from the scenes in Aliens when they're forced to hold back a swawm of them with the one mounted gun.

I am trying to figure out what the regrown rose bush is supposed to foreshadow when Sloane was conversing with Jack about the death of the Rose garden a short while before...

Jay

6. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

In Aliens, the aliens were overhead, right? My memory's fuzzy on that details, but it was either over or under.

7. Thomas H G

Thomas H G Screenwriter

ARG I can't believe I missed this show. I was to meet some people up at the school for a group meeting and nobody showed up!

Time to uh, search the net. Any suggestions?

8. David Williams

David Williams Cinematographer

9. Kenneth

Kenneth Supporting Actor

10. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    I missed the season opener and I tried checking ABC Family but for some reason they weren't rebroadcasting the opener. At least on DishNetwork... I tried searching with my PVR and on ABC Family's website to no luck. Hopefully maybe they are now.

11. Ken Chan

Ken Chan Producer

Yeah, in Aliens they were overhead. (I guess these agents don't see a lot of movies.) It brings up the same point: 3D motion detectors [​IMG]
    I'm also thinkin' Jack did some kind of mind wipe on Sydney back then.
    //Ken

12. Mark Pfeiffer

Mark Pfeiffer Screenwriter

OK, this is probably the best place to ask. There's an Alias book out now, something like a viewer's guide or whatever, and it comes with a DVD. Anybody know what's on it?

13. Kenneth

Kenneth Supporting Actor

My bad. Looks like family doesn't show the repeats anymore. :b

Kenneth

14. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Screenwriter

I just finished watching last nights episode and Alias is so freaking suspensful it's a joke. IMO it has solidified it's place as the best show on TV. This show seems like it can go in several directions as the season moves on and I love it, can't wait for next week.

15. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

Mark, neither Amazon nor B&N list a DVD coming with the Alias book (not the prequel book that was also released).

16. Mark Pfeiffer

Patrick, I know it has one since there's an ad in Entertainment Weekly that makes mention of it and I've seen the book in the store. A DVD is attached on the inside of the back cover. I didn't see anything, though, that divulged its contents.

17. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

You sure it's not one of the lousy AOL CDs? [​IMG]

18. Mark Pfeiffer

Yeah, I'm sure Patrick.
    The only info I've been able to dig up is here. (You'll need to scroll down a little.)
    Doesn't sound like much. A first season teaser, cast interviews, show notes, bios...

19. Bryce Miner

Bryce Miner Stunt Coordinator

It does come with a DVD. Who is going to be the one to purchase it and tell us about it and the book?