What's new

Alias - 10/12/03 - Reunion (1 Viewer)

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
It's episode 47!!

What's going to happen? I don't know. I'm still trying to take in viewing Kill Bill twice within 36 hours.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
There seems to be some kind of set up going on here with Syd and the agent whose name I don't recall. She saves his life in the season opener and now he's hanging out with her and giving her gifts. And there seems to still be sparks between Syd and Vaughn, obviously that would still be there.

Cool to see Sloan using that 17" Powerbook.

Jeremy_Watson

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone else getting a bad vibe from Vaughn's wife? When they said she brokered the deal with Sloane that raised suspisions for me.

Kenneth Cummings

Supporting Actor
I have a hunch that Vaugh wife is the one who killed Sark's father in the third season opener.
Hehe, funny, haven't seen season three yet (watched of one thanks to the dvd box), but I can acually still understand what going on now. :D

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
Kinda lame episode I thought. Was interesting to hear that
Vaughn's wife brokered the deal with Sloane.
Kenneth, I also think she kinda looks like the killer of Sark's father.

Next weeks looks like the one I've been waiting for though.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
If anyone thinks Sloane has turned over a new leaf, tonight erased any and all doubts, the man is evil.

Watching Sydney and Vaughn make goo-goo eyes at the reception was a little too syrupy for me. She did look good in that dress, though.

Don't they have surveillance in all the offices of the CIA? Won't Jack's upload of the worm be detected later?

And yes, even though you have to wonder if the blonde could have been Vaughn's wife wearing a "mission impossible" type of mask, and you have to wonder about her link to Sloane, it would not surprise me if she turned out to be a mole.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
Patrick,
I don't necessarily disagree, but your own post provides Vaughn with sufficient motivation for goo goo eyes. :laugh:

As for Mission impossible masks? Heck, last season had enough DNA-modified doubles to make anyone suspicious of what they see on a videotape without bringing masks into it. The availability of two separate video recordings of the shooting with the second one becoming available just as Sydney re-joins the CIA does circumstantially make Vaughn's wife look suspicious. Plus, she works for a character played by Kurt Fuller, and Kurt Fuller is TV shorthand for "hate my character". :)

Regards,

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Funny how a lot of people automatically assume that Vaughns wife is bad because she is married to Vaughn and everyone is routing for Sydney.
From what Ive read she was slated for 7 episodes but they decided to keep her on.
I enjoyed the show last night and I like how they are expanding Weiss' role.
Loved the Marshall bit about the music CD and the boy band.

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor
Anyone else getting a bad vibe from Vaughn's wife?
Yes, but not in the way most would think. I cannot get over Melissa George's strong Australian accent. Fine if her back-story explained it, but the daughter of a U.S. Senator -- no way (at least no reasonable way). An actors baggage should not get in the way of the character.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I cannot get over Melissa George's strong Australian accent. Fine if her back-story explained it, but the daughter of a U.S. Senator -- no way (at least no reasonable way).
Maybe she grew up in Australia. I know a friend who spent his high school years there and came back to America with an accent. Just my 2 cents.

Ty Zucker

Stunt Coordinator
Vaugn's wife being a senator's daughter tends to make the mole theory rather implausible to me.

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
Yes, but not in the way most would think. I cannot get over Melissa George's strong Australian accent. Fine if her back-story explained it, but the daughter of a U.S. Senator -- no way (at least no reasonable way). An actors baggage should not get in the way of the character.
Really, I don't care about that - it's Melissa George (Angel from Home And Away, for anyone who remembers)! And it's clear to me that George is a typo for Gorgeous. :)

MikeMcNertney

Stunt Coordinator
I really hope they don't cop out and have Sydney start a relationship with Weiss. We had enough of the "office relationship" drama last year, don't really need to repeat it.

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
Yeah, I hope Wiess and Sydney don't hook up, they seem to just be good friends though. First edition Alice in Wonderland is 40k? Wow.

I like Vaughns wife, she has a great smile, of course the made her use it a couple times the other night.

I have a hard time believing that Jack could of upload the worm and not be detected, I agree, there has to be video recorders in all of the rooms, heck everywhere in the CIA I would think.

Sloan is one evil SOB.

Jodee

Screenwriter
Finally watched this. Thoughts:

Why send Sydney incognito to spy on Sark when he knows what she looks like? Doesn't the CIA have other agents who wouldn't be in danger of being recognized? And if Sark and that dude were so worried about people seeing the pictures, why meet in a public place?

Now, why was Sydney at the meeting with Sloane? The CIA knows how much she hates the man, dothey really think it is wise to send her to a formal meeting like that? I certainly hope our own CIA has more agents than the one in Alias, because it seems like they 5 people doing everything.

Is anyone else bothered by Vaugh's wife's eyebrows? Honey, look what plucking finally did for Jennifer Connelly--she won an Oscar. Look into it. And why is she blonde but has dark brown eyebrows?

I am also scratching my head about the accent/senator from Virginia thing. When exactly was her dad a senator in Virginia? 1790?

If the actress can't handle an American accent, either cast someone else or write her a different backstory. I was kind of wondering why a US agent that high up would be a foreigner anyway.

I had to laugh at that bald dude in the end yelling "Sydney Bristow!" while he was about to get blown up. He might has well have been twirling his mustache.

BobV

Second Unit
Just watched it tonight... one thing unmentioned, and we rewatched it several times... the guard in the elevator when Sidney and Vaughn walk in says 'hey' in Russian to Vaughn and then looks over to his right at Sidney in a I-can't-believe-it's-you-and-what-in-hell-are-you-doing-here-I-thought-you-were-dead-and-gone! kind of way. Similiar to the look the bad Russian a couple of weeks ago gave her when she was rushing into to save Weiss' throat from being slit.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks