What's new

Alias 1/20/02 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Someone asked for a quick synopsis of this week's episode:

Sidney is reeling from the news that her mom was the Russian agent that was responsible for getting all those CIA agents killed, including Vaughn's father. Sidney wants out of the whole thing, Jack thinks this is a bad idea. Sidney talks to Vaughn, tells him the same thing, she apologized for her mom's actions, and then he hugs her.

Will still gets the spooky calls, one tells him to look at the piece of paper on his desk, but he crumples it up and throws it in the trashcan. Will wants off the story, his assistant does a little bit of goading. Will meets with the daughter of the prison inmate by "accident" at a restaurant when he follows a "tip". Will is reluctant to involve her because she's in direct harm's way if her father talks about SD-6. She knows some details, and has arranged to become "disappeared" by her uncle if need be.

Quentin Tarantino plays a former SD-6 agent, McKenas Cole, that was left for dead in a mission that went wrong. Cole found out that he wasn't really working for the CIA when the CIA disavowed any knowledge of him when he was captured. He was tortured for a long time. Now he has a nice group of agents working with him. They break into SD-6, take all of the folks hostage. At the time of the break-in, Jack tracks Sidney down in the elevator from the parking garage when the power is cut (Sidney was on her way to Sloane to try and be "released" from SD-6 because she doesn't want this secret agent job anymore).

Jack and Sidney get stuck in the elevator, but find a way to climb out, and then tap into the surveillance system to check on the status of the agents/hostages.

Cole makes use the "Conversation/Torture" room to torture Sloane into giving him the code for access into the SD-6 vault, Cole makes a big deal about his set of torture needles that he sticks into Sloane after he suspect Sloane of giving him a false access code.

Sidney remembers that Marshall showed her an access code scrambler device in his office. Jack and Sidney decide the best way to "save" SD-6's vault is to use the scrambler, so Jack gets ready to go through the ducts, but Sidney convinces Jack that's she's more physically apt for the job. Sidney has to use a fridge magnet to try and "fish" for the scrambler (disguised in a make-up compact) from the duct/ceiling over Marshall's office. Sidney's not too successful, but at the same time, Cole's men blow up the door to the vault, cause a little confusion.

At this point, Sidney decides to try and climb down to retrieve the scrambler, but Jack notices that she's on the camera system, so Jack uses morse code by tapping the camera "on" light for the room holding the hostages, and Marshall gets wind of the morse code and has Dixon fake a seizure to distract the henchmen watching the hostages. Their distraction was successful, Marshall offered himself up to getting punched. Sidney was able to get the scrambler, and make her way to the vault and scramble the vault lock, with Cole fast on his way to the vault. Just as Sidney tries to escape through the ducts, Cole hears her and starts shooting the ducts, Sidney escapes briefly and heads up a vent opening, but then she's been caught as she's hanging on to the vent opening looking down at her would-be killer/captor.

Fade to credits.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
One additional point: The reason why Jack and Sydney are urgently trying to protect the vault is that it's wired with enough explosive to bring down the entire building in the event of unauthorized entry. Jack explains that this was Sloane's ultimate safeguard, since the explosion would destroy all evidence of what SD-6 really is.
Cole's men don't blow the door to the vault, but to the vault room (which is why the building's still standing).
M.

KevinW

Stunt Coordinator
Patrick, thanks for the rundown on the show. I was so pissed when I realized I forgot to put a tape in the VCR.

Mike St. Louis, you missed your chance on catching up on the series. The ABC Family channel ran all shows on January 1.

p.s. I'm so glad we have this show, especially since Dark Angel took a turn for the worst. Boy does that show stink now!

Paul P

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul
It truly was fitting when Sloan said
"I can't be the first person who can't take you seriously"
I mean who has EVER taken QT seriously.
Bygones.:D

chris c

Stunt Coordinator
Great episode! I love Sydney - she'd make a great girlfriend if it wasn't for the likelihood of assassination by SD-6 :).
By the way, who's great idea was it to cast Tarantino? I thought for sure he must have at least directed the episode, but no, I guess he was just there as eye candy (ha, ha).

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
Terrific episode! Loved the use of "Dragula" while they were running down the hallway!

BTW, did McKennas Cole actually say he finds it "ironical" when he was talking to Sloane?!?!?!?!

Also, I found it extremely hard to believe that with 600 cameras in the place, they wouldn't have one in the elevator that Syd and her father were in. They should have been able to tune into the elevator camera instead of tell the guy to stand outside the door with the gun when it opens to check inside.

But, I loved it!

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Also, I found it extremely hard to believe that with 600 cameras in the place, they wouldn't have one in the elevator that Syd and her father were in.
I understood Jack to mean that these 600 cameras were hidden, and known only to the higher level people.

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
Yes, but even the main monitoring cameras everyone knows about should have 1 in each elevator, you'd think.

Adnan Sheikh

Stunt Coordinator
did McKennas Cole actually say he finds it "ironical" when he was talking to Sloane?!?!?!?!
Ha! I heard that too. Only explanation I can think of is that it's a character thing, because otherwise why would Tarantino of all people let it pass? Hehe.

Paul P

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul
y'know there does seem to be a number of scenes with long running scenes down a long hallway. Never thought about it before.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks