What's new

Alias 1/20/02 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Just a reminder, Quentin Tarentino is on tonight's show.
And Quentin looked really out of shape running down that same ol' hallway we've seen every episode. :)
Could Will Tippett's assistant/booty call be any hotter?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Boy, do they know how to rachet up the tension? Another fun tension-filled episode, with some side stories that affect Will and Vaughn. Marshall took a helluva pop (on a Tony Hawk scale, I think he did a 540).

It was cool to see Ken Olin's wife (Patrica Wettig) show up as the shrink for Vaughn.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
One more thing:

Congrats to Jennifer Garner for winning a Golden Globe for her role of Sidney on Alias for Best Actress in a TV drama. She's come a long way since "Felicity" and "The Time Of Your Life".

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
ROSE RED!!!!!!!!!

Ahhhhh. Can we ever get two weeks in a row?? I want more, more, more. Tonight's episode was great and another cliffhanger with no end in sight.

There's no new episode of Alias or The Practice until at least 2/10/02. This is getting out of hand ABC!!!!!!!!

Don Black

Screenwriter
Did anyone else burst out laughing when they saw Tarintino running down the hall? The look on his face was priceless. Physical action is not his strong suite. He should stick to dialogue. :D

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
McTiernan Air Conditioning van? Got a good laugh out of that one. What blockbuster film was directed by a McTiernan, and what relationship does it have to this episode?

Jon Mercer

Second Unit
Had to laugh at Pot-bellied Quentin huffing and puffing down the hallway, the last guy had to slide cause the fat guy went too slow!:D
Really enjoyed the episode, another killer cliff-hanger.
Quentin's character didn't seem threatening, almost seemed like he was going to burst into giggles, "You don't want me to open The Box", maybe he was supposed to come off slightly deranged.:crazy:
Not going to win any beauty pagents though, is he?
ANyone else see a fight between Sidney and the asian chick coming?
;)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
It also reminded me of the recent McTiernan film, The Thomas Crown Affair, for the break-in.

Sidney is going to have a tough fight with the Asian chick, but she'll come out on top. That whole lovey-dovey thing between her and Tarantino was a little too convenient/contrived.

Loved the team work between Jack and Sidney.

I was also busting out when Tarantino was running down the hall, almost ready to huff-n-puff his way into cardiac arrest. I'm sure they had plenty of oxygen nearby.

I was also amazed at how "MiB" Tarantino looked.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Pure Speculation on my part:

Does anyone else think that Will Tippett's hot assistant is in on the SD-6/Spy deal.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
I'm not sure what she's in on, but I'm sure she's in on something.
Nice to see Jennifer Garner win the Golden Globe, especially when you consider the competition. It's well-deserved, because she's the one who has to pull all the disparate elements of the show together. With a lesser actress, it wouldn't work.
M.

Mike St.Louis

Supporting Actor
Anybody know if ABC plans to rerun the series this year? I'd like to start watching it, but only if its from the beginning.

Jon Mercer

Second Unit
Never thought of Will's secretary being part of SD-6 or something but it does make an odd bit of sense...
Too many shots of Sidneys partner (name escapes me) trying to look angry at the invasion for him to disprove my thought that he's part of SD-6
I've emailed ABC last week to see if they have any plans in the works for season sets yet, but sadly no response.:frowning:

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Too many shots of Sidneys partner (name escapes me) trying to look angry at the invasion for him to disprove my thought that he's part of SD-6
:confused: (again). Dixon? Part of SD-6 (he is)? Angry looks? Please resend transmission :)
Though I love Alias, I'm disappointed that Amy Brenneman didn't get the GG for best actress. Jennifer Garner does a great job, and perhaps the material limits her, but I think Amy B. has much broader and richer performances.
I'm very impressed by how the Alias started out by showing Jack Bristow as being a completely detached (almost monstrously so) father; really a jerk. And as the show has progressed, a broader picture is being revealed, showing that he's not quite as bad as we first thought, and that there are good reasons for why is that way.
And what's going to happen with Vaughn? A bit of a twist with the intra-office politics.
As for Wil's office-babe: show me a woman on TV who isn't ultra-hot :rolleyes:To borrow from "The Simpsons", "No, I wanted Hollywood-ugly! Not ugly-ugly." :)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Joan Rivers, Melissa Rivers, Roseanne, Ellen, Oprah, G. Van Sustren (sp definitely),
Exceptions that prove the rule. :p) (Seriously, even on "normal" family shows, with tubby, or generally average husbands (King of Queens, ELR), the wives are smokin'.)

I must admit that I've never actually seen Quentin Tarantino before (didn't know what he looks like). Had I not know he was the guest star, I never would have realized that a Hollywood "heavy" was playing that role. I didn't think he did a bad job, (I enjoyed the character) but I wasn't blown away. So for those of you who are familiar with Q.T.'s work, what did you think? (aside from him being out of shape; something I didn't notice).

BobV

Second Unit
When I was watching Alias with my sister and her husband (fast becoming a weekly occurance, we both love the show), we were talking during one of the commercial breaks...
...does QT's character know that SD-6 is not the CIA? When he mentioned that the CIA denied all knowledge of an operative in Russia (I think that's where he was), Sloan just turned his head a little and gave an evil little smirk. Nothing was said further on this issue by neither Sloan nor QT. Wonder if that means anything???

Jon Mercer

Second Unit
Oops, now I feel dumb.

Yes I meant K-directorite, not SD-6.

K' just seems to show up when Dixon is on a mission with Sidney to collect the pieces of the clock. Further, they showed up when Sidney went underground to collect the Diary which SD-6 needed the clock to tell them exactly where that was, then Dixon "only" gets shot in the gut??? Unprofessional on their part.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks