What's new

Alias 03/30/03 - Endgame (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
A pretty solid episode, with more spy details packed into one episode than I recall seeing in quite a while.

While we get just a hint of Sark's past, I could believe how careless Irina was in Kaplan's presence. Irina's a bit rusty around the edges. Both Diane's past and Kaplan's past came out of the blue. Once Sloane found out who shot his wife, you knew what was coming, I was even braced for it, but when the SUV went KA-BLOOEY, I was still shocked by the explosion. Evil Francie is really really the minion from hell.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. :)

I thought Dixon was going to get it, but now I understand why he didn't...

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
Yeah..nice one...now I wonder who else is gonna turn out to be an "agent"? Maybe when Syd and Vaughn get a dog who works for the Mossad?

Mike Soltis

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
A really cool episode, but kudos to the
Totally ridiculous gadget of the week
A microchip to put in a cell phone to enable a remote user to hack into a remote secure wireless network AND download 10 GB of satellite video over the cell phone while AT THE SAME TIME allowing a meaningless but distracting conversation.

Daniel_BR

Grip
Full of unbelievable stuff, but still enjoyable. My wife loved the part when Syd did the in-store dress change.

The whole premise that Syd and Vaughn would launch their own mission without orders is pretty far fetched. And both of the couple being agents was a bit desperate. And the government then letting the Russian spy go? And the wireless hacking thing already mentioned. And Francie lives in a building with two CIA agents and taps Will for info?

Oh, and these people should find "John Doe" because they must be related. They can speak any language fluently, detect slight accents, glimpse at a ring and know what sorority it's from, etc . . .

All that said, I still love the show. No mistaking it for "reality" TV. :D

Jon Mercer

Second Unit
I thought it was a good episode. As soon as I saw Dixon talking to his wife I kinda figured that Sloane was going to kill her and not him.
I really can't wait for the DVD release of this show.

Rocky F

Second Unit
Did anyone catch the Jennifer Garner SNL repeat Sat. night? The one skit I had to watch again was the "This Wal-Mart is sooo big" skit, and then she used almost the same accent for the sorority sister scene.
Yeah, I know that has nothing to do with the plot, just something that made me laugh.

Cool episode.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Did anyone catch the Jennifer Garner SNL repeat Sat. night? The one skit I had to watch again was the "This Wal-Mart is sooo big" skit, and then she used almost the same accent for the sorority sister scene.
Didn't see the rerun, but I saw it when it originally aired and the sorority sister scene definitely reminded me of that. "I KNOOOW!!!" :D

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I did tape/watch the SNL rerun, and thought she did better than most guest hosts on SNL nowadays.

Bryce Miner

Stunt Coordinator
Will this air next week?

The Marshall bit with not having the plans in the mainframe computer or whatever, referring to the death star was pretty funny when talking to Jack.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The SNL rerun was on this past Saturday (3/29/03). No telling when it'll be rerun in the future.

John_VI

Second Unit
Yup, lots of unbelievable stuff in this episode....including Syd riding the bull!! Kinda reminded me of when Debra Winger did it in Urban Cowboy, except that Syd was actually riding it, while Debra was....well....sort of having an intimate relationship with the saddle!

I don't think that Evil Francie downloaded the 10G of info over the cell phone. That would take several hours!! But the cell phone link may have allowed her to hack into a hard line. It's only a matter of a few episodes until they figure out that it was Will's computer and trace it back to the phone call he was having with Francie. Then Syd will put it all together. Perhaps they'll even have satellite photo coverage (or traffic cameras) of the SUV explosion, allowing Syd to see EF driving away from the scene.

EFMD!!!! (Evil Francie Must Die!!!)

Bryce Miner

Stunt Coordinator
I meant Alias, not the SNL episode being new next week. I checked and it is the repeat with Ethan Hawke. Probably in preperation of the discovery of BadFrancie coming the week after. That way we will be refreshed on the History of her or how it was done.

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
Looks like they're airing the first "half"? of this one next week with the Double Agent episode.

I really wish they would go back to what they had started the season with in airing repeats by episode sequence. Since the fourth repeat, they started jumping out of sequence. Sooner or later Fake Francie will be had. Looks like Marshall will get to the bottom of it if Will isn't killed first. Dixon will now leave K-directorate to wipe that evil Sloane from the planet. Should make for a nice season finale.

BruceVC

Grip
After the show, my wife and I talked and seemed to recall that during the Oscars, there was an promo for Alias with Syd riding the bull.......... sorry, I got lost for a moment there, that indicated the scene would have a bit of humor in it. It showed her getting tossed from the bull.

Does anyone else recall this?

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
Boo!

I've already been turned off with what ABC did to the Practice and have moved on, now they want to annoy Alias fans by showing the lame duck series rerun and 20 minutes of Who's Line is it... instead of one of the better Season 2 episodes. When will they learn to show the LLWS game earlier in the day??

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks