What's new

ALI-G comes to the U.S. Finally (1 Viewer)

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor
ALI-G is coming to HBO finally after many episodes in england. This guy is too funny for words, if you have not seen him you need to download some videos and check him out. Kazaa has all of his episodes for download. They are definitely worth looking at. This show should be pretty funny especialy with full (no cencorship)range on HBO.

http://www.hbo.com/alig/?ntrack_para1=feat_sec1_image

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Alright! Finally something to make my HBO fee worth it again (I haven't watched it since "Curb you enthusiasm" finished the 3rd season).

/Mike

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor
I love curb your enthusiasm. I dont have HBO right now and its killing me. Im going to have to go to a friends house and watch ALI-G.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
"Is it coz I is black?"

"As head of Da West Staines Massive, me control da most peace lovin and violent gang in da hole of Barkshire... "

I hope HBO pick up the Ali G film & show it sometime soon. I really hope the HBO shows work, not sure how it's going to translate to a US audience...

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I just noticed that this is an original HBO product. I was hoping it would be the original British stuff. I talked a to a friend who said he had read some rather negative remarks about the US version. Oh well, I hope for the best.

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor
If they market it right (of course) I think it has a chance. The bad thing is that most people dont know of him.

Colin-H

Second Unit
BOYAKASHA! I watched it with my friend from the UK (who originally introduced me to Ali G), and we were cracking up. I think this will catch on pretty quickly via word-of-mouth.

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Well, I thought the show was mildly amusing so I'll give it another shot to see if it improves.

Rob Speicher

Supporting Actor
My friend told me about Ali G a few days ago, and until then I always thought he was some weird musician (after only seeing him in that stupid Madonna video).

Today I watched his movie and then the premier of his HBO show, and they were both hilarious. No Region 1 DVD, unfortunately :frowning:

Hope the show sticks around.

Rob Speicher

Supporting Actor
Not sure, haven't seen a full UK episode.

Basic breakdown:
- Intro, Ali does a short intro for the "theme" of this show - the law
- Bit: Ali G at Philly police training
- Bit: Borat goes to a dating service, goes to a speed dating place
- Bit: Bruno (new character, I think?) goes to a fashion show
- Bit: Ali G interviews a senator or something like that.

Each one was pretty funny, but I like the Ali G character the best.

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor
Bruno is not actually a new character. Ive seen him before interviewing a couple of skin heads in a white power club one time, hes pretty funny. I still have not seen the HBO show. I dont have HBO right now and its killing me. Have to go to a friends house and check it out soon.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I thought it was funny. The last segment, the interview with Richard Thorngood (sp? something like that) was so cringe-inducing, in a funny way, that I just had to cover my eyese. Especially when "Ali" talked about the movie "Barely Legal 3" and recommended it. :)

/Mike

Rob Speicher

Supporting Actor
Have you seen the movie 'Barely Legal Three'?
Yes - No. I will now, now that you've recommended it (nervous laugh).

Hehe.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks