What's new

Ali: Director's Cut (1 Viewer)

Not sure if anyone else noticed this, but in today's Hollywood Reporter it states that the MPAA gave an R rating to "Ali: Director's Cut" to Columbia TriStar Home Entertainment. Anyone know any additional info about this? I assume this means we'll see it on DVD soon.

Jon Robertson

Screenwriter
What is wrong with Michael Mann? Can't he just leave his films well enough alone or does he have to go and change each one every couple of years? It's a miracle Heat has survived intact since its release.

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
Just to clarify, Heat was going too have added footage when it was shown on TV, but instead (NBC I think) decided to cut it down from 2 hours. Also, in the Ali trailer there is just so much that wasn't in the show, I look forward to this release.

Marvin Richardson

Supporting Actor
Hey, at least the theatrical version of Ali is available on DVD. One of my favorite movies The Last of the Mohicans was never made available in its theatrical version on DVD. All you can get is the "Director's Expanded Edition". I like the expanded edition, but I'd like to have the theatrical version as well.

Kevin EK

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
I don't mind seeing a longer version of "Heat" with the stuff he had cut out. (I understand there was a bunch, although the script doesn't indicate it.)

What would really scare me would be the Director's Super Extended Version of THE KEEP. Now THAT would be really really scary...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks