Alfred Hitchcock Weekend At The Loews Jersey

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by MitchellD, Jan 12, 2003.

1. MitchellD

MitchellD Agent

The Landmark Loews Jersey Theatre in Jersey City, NJ is running an Alfred Hitchcock weekend in honor of the 40th anniversary of The Birds.
    • Psycho - Friday Jan. 31 at 8pm - No, this is not a statment about the mental condition one must be in to be interested in home theatre, but the story of a women who makes a poor choice in rest stops.
    • Saboteur - Saturday Feb. 1 at 4pm - Not seen on the big screen in the NJ/NY area for decades, this is one of the best films to use Hitchcocks often repeated theme of an innocent man framed by spies, who must run from both the law and the spies to clear his name. The shoot out in Radio City is not to be missed.
    • The Birds - Saturday Feb. 1 at 8pm - A special 40th anniversary screening featuring a rare archival Dye Transfer IB Technicolor print. Don't miss this salute to our feathered friends.
    All shows will be presented in 35mm on our huge 50' screen, with real carbon arc projection.
    Check out the virtual tour section of the theatres web site for pictures and directions.
    Loews Jersey Web site
    /Mitchell

2. MitchellD

MitchellD Agent

Bumping back up to top for this Friday's show.

I was just wondering, does anyone besides myself actually enjoy watching old films in a theatre, or does everyone prefer watching films exclusively at home. As a home theatre enthusiast, I know there are pros and cons to both. Yes, at home with a good quality DVD and a good quality home theatre system, the picture and sound is stupendous, the seating is more comfortable, and you don't have to deal with rude people. On the other hand, there is something magical, for me anyway, about seeing a movie in a big theatre with lots of other people. The ambiance of the theatre and the other people have an effect on my over all experience watching the film.

/Mitchell

3. Peter Apruzzese

Peter Apruzzese Producer

Peter Apruzzese
    You know my answer to that one, Mitchell [​IMG]! I put my money where my mouth is: Big Screen Classics
    See you at the Loew's this weekend!

4. Tommy G

Tommy G Screenwriter

I often travel to NJ for business but alas I will be home on the weekend. Otherwise I would be there at the very least for the first 2. I wasn't a huge fan of The Birds. We need a theater like this on Cape Cod [​IMG] .

5. Peter Apruzzese

Peter Apruzzese Producer

Peter Apruzzese
    Starts tonight, folks. Any Hitchcock fan in the area needs to get over to the Loew's and see one or all of these pictures there. The whole place is an experience not soon forgotten. I hear there are some good shorts on tap as well.

I'll be at Saturday's shows!

6. Bill Huelbig

Bill Huelbig Second Unit

Bill Huelbig