What's new

Alfred Hitchcock Signature Collection: 9/7! (1 Viewer)

rich_d

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich

The Man on Lincoln's Nose is not the name of the documentary on the current NBNW disc. It's called: Destination Hitchcock: The Making of North by Northwest.

However, there is a documentary Called the Man On Lincoln's Nose - which was a documentary on the work of art director Robert Boyle who did do the production design for NBNW. So is this just sloppy marketing work or are we getting something new?

PaulP

Senior HTF Member

Hopefully both.

On a related note, MGM will be releasing a Hitchcock boxset of their own in November with The Lady Vanishes, Notorious, The Paradine Case, Rebecca, Sabotage, Spellbound, The 39 Steps and The Young and Innocent. I already have Criterion's Notorious, Rebecca, Spellbound, and The 39 Steps. I highly doubt MGM will surpass or even come close to these editions. Criterion's The Lady Vanishes, however, has a subpar transfer, despite having a commentary. Hopefully MGM's version will contain a better transfer, though it's unlikely they'll be able to get Criterion's commentary (since they didn't get one for The Silence of the Lambs, for instance). That leaves The Paradine Case, Sabotage, and The Young and Innocent. Again, I hope MGM will provide us with restored transfers and some extras on these.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member

Hopefully both.

On a related note, MGM will be releasing a Hitchcock boxset of their own in November with The Lady Vanishes, Notorious, The Paradine Case, Rebecca, Sabotage, Spellbound, The 39 Steps and The Young and Innocent. I already have Criterion's Notorious, Rebecca, Spellbound, and The 39 Steps. I highly doubt MGM will surpass or even come close to these editions. Criterion's The Lady Vanishes, however, has a subpar transfer, despite having a commentary. Hopefully MGM's version will contain a better transfer, though it's unlikely they'll be able to get Criterion's commentary (since they didn't get one for The Silence of the Lambs, for instance). That leaves The Paradine Case, Sabotage, and The Young and Innocent. Again, I hope MGM will provide us with restored transfers and some extras on these.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Thanks Paul for the picture of the boxset. From the box, it appears that N x NW uses the same coverart which would appear to confirm that the existing disc is being included (as opposed to being repackaged in a keepcase).

DDD has this for $75 pre-order price. Even if you have "Strangers" and N x NW that works out to about $10 per movie which is a really good price in my opinion.

Steve

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Thanks Paul for the picture of the boxset. From the box, it appears that N x NW uses the same coverart which would appear to confirm that the existing disc is being included (as opposed to being repackaged in a keepcase).

DDD has this for $75 pre-order price. Even if you have "Strangers" and N x NW that works out to about $10 per movie which is a really good price in my opinion.

Steve

Nils Luehrmann

Senior HTF Member
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson

OUCH! To each his own, but I'm certainly not going to complain about this set or it's price. In my opinion, even the worst Hitchcock movie is worth $10.

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson

OUCH! To each his own, but I'm certainly not going to complain about this set or it's price. In my opinion, even the worst Hitchcock movie is worth $10.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks