What's new

Alfred Hitchcock films available on blu-ray (1 Viewer)

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
David Weicker said:
This has been an incredible 12 months.
Last Halloween, there were TWO Hitchcock films on Blu Ray. Come this Halloween, there will be TWENTY-FIVE.
This was an awesome year.
David
:)

Pioneer14

Grip
Real Name
Rod TM
Love to collect all of them. Any great deals besides Amazon for the Blu Ray Masterpiece Collection? Maybe Costco will have a good deal :confused:

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Pioneer14 said:
Any great deals besides Amazon for the Collection? Maybe Costco will have a good deal :confused:
The UK set (which is slated for release on Nov 5 minus North By Northwest) is priced at about $134 delivered

Pioneer14

Grip
Real Name
Rod TM
Thanks David..Will look into that. Is this Amazon UK? Since I already have North by Norhwest in Bluray, will consider this set.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Pioneer14 said:
Thanks David..Will look into that. Is this Amazon UK? Since I already have North by Norhwest in Bluray, will consider this set.
That was the Amazon UK price. I haven't looked at any of the other UK sites lately, but I imagine they are similarly priced

mikeyhitchfan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
I'm still betting that Amazon's U.S. price will drop before release date. How much lower is another matter. I'll be getting the U.S. nonetheless.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I am still waiting for reviews on the transfers, and to make sure the U.K. set has the same transfers as the U.S. release. If everything checks out fine, I will order the U.K. set to take advantage of the substantial price difference. I do not care about the ratings decals -- I watch the films, not the boxes.

mikeyhitchfan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
[COLOR= rgb(34, 34, 34)] I'm all for saving $ but this box is my biggest wish list for BD for the last 5 years. I don't like the logos either and Universal's International menu that makes you select language every time before loading. I don't mind spending a bit more per disc as I'll be looking at this set for many years to come (hopefully). I'd like to see actual pics of the deluxe U.K. set as well. Perhaps, if the price is right, I may double dip down the road. This has been a costly year for many of us.[/COLOR]

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
mikeyhitchfan said:
 I'm all for saving $ but this box is my biggest wish list for BD for the last 5 years. I don't like the logos either and Universal's International menu that makes you select language every time before loading. I don't mind spending a bit more per disc as I'll be looking at this set for many years to come (hopefully). I'd like to see actual pics of the deluxe U.K. set as well. Perhaps, if the price is right, I may double dip down the road. This has been a costly year for many of us.
You wouldn't want a partial copy of the UK set, minus the four titles I'd be keeping for myself, would you? :D
At this point, I probably will pick up the set and then try to sell off the titles I don't want.. I may not even keep the packaging since I hate boxes/books/etc. I move my movies into standard cases as soon as I get them.
David

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
Scott Merryfield said:
I am still waiting for reviews on the transfers, and to make sure the U.K. set has the same transfers as the U.S. release. If everything checks out fine, I will order the U.K. set to take advantage of the substantial price difference. I do not care about the ratings decals -- I watch the films, not the boxes.
And some of us have terrible OCD and arrange our shelves by studio so the little logos line up...

mikeyhitchfan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
Originally Posted by David Weicker /t/318802/alfred-hitchcock-films-available-on-blu-ray/90#post_3992752
You wouldn't want a partial copy of the UK set, minus the four titles I'd be keeping for myself, would you?
At this point, I probably will pick up the set and then try to sell off the titles I don't want.. I may not even keep the packaging since I hate boxes/books/etc. I move my movies into standard cases as soon as I get them.
David
Hmm, I think I would want all the titles included. And I mean down the road, like several months or more.

My shelves are by director, then chronological. Except the James Bond Singles group and my 'various' shelf.

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
Looks like the Cohen Media Group has completely acquired the entire Rohauer Library, and high on their list is Jamaica Inn.
Jamaica Inn (1939). The Collection will restore this period adventure, the last film Alfred Hitchcock made in England before moving to Hollywood and his first adaptation of a tale by Daphne du Maurier (Rebecca, The Birds)
So far the only officially licensed version of this film from the Rohauer collection was part of the UK "British Hitchcock" DVD collection.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I only have it on an old VHS (likely public domain), and the last time I tried to watch it about ten years ago, it was so dark as to be almost unwatchable.

mikeyhitchfan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
Great news! Not only are most DVD's out there public domain and fairly crappy quality, but most are also missing 8 minutes in the middle of the film. More Hitchcock on blu-ray!

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
Good news that Criterion has these. That doesn't necessarily mean they have DVD / blu-rays rights. I don't do downloads as a rule, but I will pay top dollar for SABOTAGE (1936), YOUNG AND INNOCENT (1937) and FOREIGN CORRESPONDENT on Criterion blu-ray.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I really love Young and Innocent from his British period. I sure hope we DO get a Blu-ray somewhere down the line.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks