What's new

Alfred Hitchcock films available on blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Jacksmyname

Second Unit
Real Name
Jack Walder

Sumnernor

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Sumner Northcutt
I don't see any thing special about the new Hitchcock box on amaz-uk for £165.00 on
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hitchcock-Ultimate-Filmmaker-Collection-Blu-ray/dp/B00F0IRN7U/ref=sr_1_7?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1383840579&sr=1-7&keywords=hitchcock+blu

It doesn't interest me because I got last year the same things

1) Alfred Hitchcock: The Masterpiece Collection - Blue Ray 1942 Region Free for less than £69.81 without the big box ( Got it someone less because of the Black Friday day price.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Alfred-Hitchcock-Masterpiece-Collection-Blu-ray/dp/B008RLD1VY/ref=sr_1_1?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1383840579&sr=1-1&keywords=hitchcock+blu

2) the Alfred Hitchcock Collection - the 3 Warner films Dial M For Murder; North By Northwest; and Strangers On A Train - Region free Blue Ray for less than £13.20 (was a Black Friday week price)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Alfred-Hitchcock-Collection-Northwest-Strangers/dp/B006LMILRK/ref=sr_1_5?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1383840579&sr=1-5&keywords=hitchcock+blu

mikeyhitchfan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
Paul_Warren said:
Good luck with it please come back & report on Marnie PQ if that's a new transfer it will be mine too but from zavvi as much cheaper!
The single release of Marnie is identical so I don't see any reason this would be different but would love to see it fixed.

Apart from the deluxe packaging, the inclusion of To Catch a Thief is a nice addition.

Jari K

Senior HTF Member
UK's "Hitchcock 16 film can", how does this compare to the US set (LE Masterpiece Collection)?

Sumnernor

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Sumner Northcutt
If you like big sexv boxes ignore my post at 202, I did not include "To Catch A Thief" because I bought as a single- If you are interested on saving $$$ read my post. The new UK and the US are both very expensive. The UK price includes the tax which you don't pay in the US.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
1934 - The Man Who Knew Too Much - Criterion 1935 - The 39 Steps - Criterion 1938 - The Lady Vanishes - Criterion 1940 - Rebecca - MGM 1942 - Saboteur - Universal 1943 - Shadow of a Doubt - Universal 1944 - Spellbound - MGM 1946 - Notorious - MGM 1948 - Rope - Universal 1951 - Strangers on a Train - Warner 1953 -Dial M For Murder - Warner 1954 - Rear Window - Universal 1955 - To Catch a Thief - Paramount 1955 - The Trouble With Harry - Universal 1956 - The Man Who Knew Too Much - Universal 1958 - Vertigo - Universal 1959 - North By Northwest - Warner 1960 - Psycho - Universal 1963 - The Birds - Universal 1964 - Marnie - Universal 1966 - Torn Curtain - Universal 1969 - Topaz - Universal 1972 - Frenzy - Universal 1976 - Family Plot - UniversalThought I would make the op readable. Any U.S. releases missing b esides Foreign Correspondent?

mikeyhitchfan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
U.S. Releases unless noted. In chronological order...

1927 - The Lodger - Network - U.K. (Region B locked)
1927 - Downhill - ITV - Spain (Region B locked - assumed)
1934 - The Man Who Knew Too Much - Criterion
1935 - The 39 Steps - Criterion
1938 - The Lady Vanishes - Criterion
1940 - Rebecca - MGM
1940 - Foreign Correspondent - Criterion (Feb 18 2014)
1942 - Saboteur - Universal
1943 - Shadow of a Doubt - Universal
1944 - Lifeboat - Masters of Cinema - U.K. (Region B locked)
1945 - Spellbound - MGM
1946 - Notorious - MGM
1948 - Rope - Universal
1951 - Strangers on a Train - Warner
1953 - Dial M For Murder - Warner
1954 - Rear Window - Universal
1955 - To Catch a Thief - Paramount
1955 - The Trouble With Harry - Universal
1956 - The Man Who Knew Too Much - Universal
1958 - Vertigo - Universal
1959 - North By Northwest - Warner
1960 - Psycho - Universal
1963 - The Birds - Universal
1964 - Marnie - Universal
1966 - Torn Curtain - Universal
1969 - Topaz - Universal
1972 - Frenzy - Universal
1976 - Family Plot - Universal

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Thats great Mike, could you update the first post with that?

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
mikeyhitchfan said:
I've tried without success to edit my first post. I read the support section and am still confused. Can anyone clue me in, please?
Mike, Don't try to edit the first post.The best "work-around" is to do it the other way: take a copy of the first post, paste it in a new one and update it with the new info. (The copy can be taken with the "Quote"-button, but ideally you need to know how to remove the quote-tags then - quite easy if you use the editor button at the upper right to see html-code.) Cees

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
It would be better to add the info to the first p8st so whenecer there is an update we can see it there without searching through the thread to find it.Maybe a helpful admin could do it for Mike.

mikeyhitchfan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
TonyD said:
It would be better to add the info to the first p8st so whenecer there is an update we can see it there without searching through the thread to find it.Maybe a helpful admin could do it for Mike.
Yes, that's how I do it on another site. Then I just add a comment on the last page that I updated the list.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
mikeyhitchfan said:
Foreign Correspondent coming February 18 2014 from Criterion. Can't seem to edit my list on page 1. Mods, please advise.
Fantastic news on Foreign Correspondent! Another one that I look forward to buying and seeing again!

mikeyhitchfan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
My review of Downhill (1927) from Spain. Movie is playable on Region A & B. The extras are Region B locked.

This is the restored version from 2012. It has color tinting and a piano score. It is very sharp most of the time, but
there's a few brief shots that look like the source was of a lesser quality but included for continuity. The extras are so-
so. You get The Early Years short documentary, which is also on Criterion's The 39 Steps blu-ray. There's a brief photo
gallery and (in Spanish) a filmography and biography, and a summary of Downhill as well as a credits list.

The running time is 25 minutes longer than the DVD that I have. Most of this time difference must be in the frames per
second rate since I didn't see any major new scenes. Mostly there are shot extensions and a few brief scene linking
shots.

The film is kind of slow in parts but still very innovative in that there are very few dialogue inter-titles. Creative camera
work and dissolves prove the young director had talent way back in 1927. Nice to have this and The Lodger (which is
Region B locked)on blu-ray which are part of the Hitchcock 9 silent films restored by the BFI.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Only a week to go until Foreign Correspondent.That will only leave Young And Innocent from my personal want list.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks