What's new

Alfred Hitchcock Collection Box in 2012! (2 Viewers)

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
Doctorossi said:
It's not a deal-breaker for me, but it's very disappointing.
Considering how that track sounds, lossless isn't going to help it much. The only thing I can't deal with on the surround mix is the off-sounding foley, which we can blame Uni for being so... up front. It's a hard choice which to listen but I usually go for the mono, even though the music is glorious in stereo. The dream would be if they did a "theatrical mix" and a "historical mix" where things were dialed to match the mono balances on the 5.1 which would be possible but won't happen.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Moe Dickstein said:
Considering how that track sounds, lossless isn't going to help it much. The only thing I can't deal with on the surround mix is the off-sounding foley, which we can blame Uni for being so... up front. It's a hard choice which to listen but I usually go for the mono, even though the music is glorious in stereo. The dream would be if they did a "theatrical mix" and a "historical mix" where things were dialed to match the mono balances on the 5.1 which would be possible but won't happen.
Interesting. I've been very happy with the audio mixes on the Hitchcock blu rays that have been released thus far. Rebecca, Spellbound, North By Northwest, etc..
I'm so excited about this new set!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks