What's new

ALF - Yes, ALF - coming to DVD 10/22?!?! Canada Only? (R1 NTSC) (1 Viewer)

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott

That image was taken from a closed eBay auction. If you want to see the auction for yourself, do a search for "ALF DVD" under completed items (I don't think linking to eBay auctions is allowed here). The seller is Canadian. The only e-tailer at which I can find this is Playcentric.com a Canadian e-tailer. Take it for what you will. I placed my pre-order at Playcentric for US$13.42 shipped (with coupon code PLAYSHIP88 - $1 off and free shipping). If this is true, I am ecstatic about this, even though it's just a best-of (:frowning:) b/c I used to LOVE ALF when I was a kid. Keep your fingers crossed.
http://www.playcentric.com/DVD/produ...9&dept_id=1004

Tim H

Stunt Coordinator
I'm kind of bummed this isn't a season set, but I suppose this is better than nothing. I loved this show, so I'll probably be picking this up.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Finally! Too bad it's not a season set, though. I'll be getting it.

However, when will other episodes be coming out?

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Jeff, do you have any other information about VSC or those releases? Is this a Canada only release? Thanks.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
VSC is a Canadian distributor, but I do know some of the titles they carry are also distributed in the US (we've reviewed some of them at dOc). They do have some exclusives as far as I can tell, I don't know if Alf is one of them.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
So, this IS legit. Cool! I definitely plan on getting this. The three specials were all pretty good. I do hope we eventually get season sets. The Fappiano/Thanksgiving episode was great, and so many of the regular ones were! :emoji_thumbsup:

Greg_P

Stunt Coordinator
Wow, this looks great ! Just wish they were releasing full season sets. Can't wait to listen to the audio commentary by Alf. This should be fun.
Hah !!!!

Greg

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
David, when I first heard about this earlier today, the first thing I did was go to TVShowsonDVD.com to see if you had anything about it. When I saw nothing there, I figured it wasn't legit. You and Gord are slacking off, eh? ;)
I always prefer season sets as well, but this is one show I will buy any DVDs of, because I was such a big fan of ALF when I was a kid. Any ALF merchandise they made, I bought. I even still have a set of cards with facts about the US states featuring ALF that I bought at a comic book store years ago. That was the only time I ever saw those.
Useless trivia: The show's creator (and voice of ALF), Paul Fusco, is from the same CT town where I live. It also happens to be the birthplace of Ernest Borgnine (whom graduated from the same high school I did) and Eli Whitney, inventor of the cotton gin.

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif
Holy mother of God! If this does well, maybe we'll get season sets!
And COMMENTARY by ALF himself! "outtakes and more"!!! And it's a cheapie, too! Oh boy, I'm there day and date! God bless Canadia.

Vic_T

Stunt Coordinator
The 80's music comback isn't enough? Now ALF is out on DVD? I guess my age group is being targeted by someone out there. I think I've had about enough nostalgia for awhile.

Sorry, don't mean to sound sarcastic. I enjoyed the show, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks