ALF - Yes, ALF - coming to DVD 10/22?!?! Canada Only? (R1 NTSC)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Scott_J, Sep 19, 2002.

1. Scott_J

Scott_J Cinematographer

[​IMG]
    That image was taken from a closed eBay auction. If you want to see the auction for yourself, do a search for "ALF DVD" under completed items (I don't think linking to eBay auctions is allowed here). The seller is Canadian. The only e-tailer at which I can find this is Playcentric.com, a Canadian e-tailer. Take it for what you will. I placed my pre-order at Playcentric for US$13.42 shipped (with coupon code PLAYSHIP88 - $1 off and free shipping). If this is true, I am ecstatic about this, even though it's just a best-of ([​IMG]) b/c I used to LOVE ALF when I was a kid. Keep your fingers crossed.
    http://www.playcentric.com/DVD/produ...9&dept_id=1004

2. Jeff Ulmer

Jeff Ulmer Producer

Yes, VSC is releasing this along with Angela Annaconda and a few others.

3. Tim H

Tim H Stunt Coordinator

I'm kind of bummed this isn't a season set, but I suppose this is better than nothing. I loved this show, so I'll probably be picking this up.

4. MatthewA

MatthewA Lead Actor

Matthew
    Finally! Too bad it's not a season set, though. I'll be getting it.

However, when will other episodes be coming out?

5. Scott_J

Scott_J Cinematographer

Jeff, do you have any other information about VSC or those releases? Is this a Canada only release? Thanks.

6. Jeff Ulmer

Jeff Ulmer Producer

VSC is a Canadian distributor, but I do know some of the titles they carry are also distributed in the US (we've reviewed some of them at dOc). They do have some exclusives as far as I can tell, I don't know if Alf is one of them.

7. Scott_J

Scott_J Cinematographer

8. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

[​IMG]

9. Carl Johnson

Carl Johnson Cinematographer

Carl III
    booooooooooooooo

10. LukeB

LukeB Cinematographer

So, this IS legit. Cool! I definitely plan on getting this. The three specials were all pretty good. I do hope we eventually get season sets. The Fappiano/Thanksgiving episode was great, and so many of the regular ones were! [​IMG]

11. Greg_P

Greg_P Stunt Coordinator

Wow, this looks great ! Just wish they were releasing full season sets. Can't wait to listen to the audio commentary by Alf. This should be fun.
    Hah !!!!

Greg

12. Scott_J

Scott_J Cinematographer

David, when I first heard about this earlier today, the first thing I did was go to TVShowsonDVD.com to see if you had anything about it. When I saw nothing there, I figured it wasn't legit. You and Gord are slacking off, eh? [​IMG]
    I always prefer season sets as well, but this is one show I will buy any DVDs of, because I was such a big fan of ALF when I was a kid. Any ALF merchandise they made, I bought. I even still have a set of cards with facts about the US states featuring ALF that I bought at a comic book store years ago. That was the only time I ever saw those.
    Useless trivia: The show's creator (and voice of ALF), Paul Fusco, is from the same CT town where I live. It also happens to be the birthplace of Ernest Borgnine (whom graduated from the same high school I did) and Eli Whitney, inventor of the cotton gin.

13. streeter

streeter Screenwriter

Michael
    [​IMG] Holy mother of God! If this does well, maybe we'll get season sets!
    And COMMENTARY by ALF himself! "outtakes and more"!!! And it's a cheapie, too! Oh boy, I'm there day and date! God bless Canadia.

14. Vic_T

Vic_T Stunt Coordinator

The 80's music comback isn't enough? Now ALF is out on DVD? I guess my age group is being targeted by someone out there. I think I've had about enough nostalgia for awhile.

Sorry, don't mean to sound sarcastic. I enjoyed the show, too.