What's new

Alf : Season 2 <----- When? (1 Viewer)

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
In all honesty, I don't think anyone cares at this point. I can't speak for everyone here, but I have no intention of picking up a second season of this show UNTIL they fix the first..........and that'll be a snowball's chance in hell of that ever happening.

John McM

Second Unit
I think "Alf:season 2, Well?" will fit better, will Lion's Gate go the extra mile and put the original uncut episodes this time?

John McM

Second Unit
I used to love ALF as a kid (I am about to turn 25) and I almost ordered season 1 when I saw it for $19 on DeepDiscountDVD then I found out the whole thing was edited. I only own two DVD's with edits (not counting music changes), and those are ones that they were just lazy and used the syndication cuts instead of the full 2-part in one setting episodes (Diff'rent Strokes edits two hour-long episodes [but one of those is just a clips show] and Charlie's Angels edits the two 2-hour episodes that started off season 2)

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
I used to feel the way that Andrew and others do about Alf Season 2, but I had a shift in thinking recently.

This line from a post in the Kung Fu season 2 thread by Gord is a contributer to my change of mind.

I will not buy season 2 immediately, I will wait to see if it is fixed. But, if the studio went through the effort to get the correct versions and release them on DVD and if they changed that horrible package, I would not punish them for correcting their mistakes. Season 1 will still be in correct, but how would I look if I complained to the studio, they responded positively to it and then I still ignored them?

I understand though the position that Andrew describes and that other people probably hold, but I myself am taking a different approach. If season 2 is done properly I see no reason why I shouldn't purchase it.

However, like I said above, they're not getting a free pass, I bought season 1 the day it was released, but season 2 will not be an immediate purchase, it will wait until I know for sure they did it right or not. That includes using uncut episodes and a different method of packaging, I really hate the season 1 box.

Scott Hamilton

Stunt Coordinator
Well I complained to LGF and recived no response so what should do? Forgive? No way.

The companies think we are the 1% that care so to me they don't really care and anyone that takes pride in their company or job (the workers) should feel shame.

I work int he retail busniess and if I knew I was selling the customer CRAP product I would make sure it was NOT sold let alone on the shelf I take pride in my company and job. I have done this many times and my store owner thanks me for it when new gets out and guess what we don't sell the product.

To me these people just don't care all they care about is $$$.

John_Dee

Grip
I'm very much looking forward to a future second season release of ALF and will buy it even if the episodes are once again cut

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
Bet you'd care if your company gave you 15% less on your paycheck. ;) I don't expect my TV on DVD to be missing 15% of the episode either.

I'd get ALF season 2 if it was uncut, even if the first one was never fixed. I'd just live without it.

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
If anyone cares, you can actually get season 1 at DDD right now for $15.91 shipped free with the 20% off code. I still have not sprung for it, as you can get some other great sets that are actually complete like 'Eerie, Indiana' (5 discs for $16.80).

Justin Hargis

Stunt Coordinator
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm having Alf withdrawals. Even though the first set were the syndicated episodes, I wonder if sales for it were a success for Lion's Gate? Because that will pretty much decide whether they'll release the following seasons. Additionally, if they do, I'd hope they'd be the original complete episodes. However, if that's not possible, I don't care what anyone says, I'd be happy with the syndicated episodes. I just love the show so much.

Rob FM

Second Unit
Real Name
R
Rats, wish I had seen that code earlier!

That's a pretty good deal!
(Even for a hacked up season)

~Rob

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
What really bothers me is that upon release of the first season, TVshowsonDVD posted a news item in reference to the syndicated episodes.....then Lion's Gate informs them to REMOVE the news item until a legitimate explanation can be given. Now here it is, January 2005, and we're still waiting for a response. They were quick to respond when the news item was posted, because of course, they wanted to cover their ass. But why aren't they just as quick to give us a reason why the syndicated episodes were used? They've had more than enough time. It's hard to defend a company who can't even give their customers that kind of decency.

Look at great companies such as "Shout Factory" who released "Punky Brewster". When they caught wind that one of the cartoons was cut off, they were too quick to inform their customers, as well as send them a disc containing the cartoon in its entirety.

Does Lion's Gate plan to fix the syndicated episodes?? We don't know. After ALL this time, we're still left up in the air with questions that have no answers. For that reason, I find it rather difficult to support them.

RossRoc

Grip
I will definitely buy Alf Season 2 if it gets released. I enjoyed season 1 and can't wait for more.

MattGSmith

Stunt Coordinator
I will be completely SHOCKED if Lion's Gate releases more seasons of Alf. They did a piss poor job of releasing Saved by the Bell, and I hear Will and Grace isn't real great either. Lion's Gate should turn over their tv properties to someone who KNOWS HOW to properly do they justice. Say, Warner Bros, Image, Shout!, and here are others...

I just know I am NOT holding my breath for anything from Lions Gate...

Mark To

Supporting Actor
They probably asked the news item be taken down so they could reel in more suckers, not because they were going to do anything about it. And judging by the postings here, there are plenty of suckers out there to reel in. The casual collectors will be happy with anything. Serious collectors, especially for a show from the 80s, know that perfect quality off-air masters can be easily found in the right circles.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

I thought their "legitimate explanation" went up a week later? As I recall, they said the syndicated masters offered higher video quality than the originals.

Personally, I'd rather have the originals at a slightly inferior VQ.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks