What's new

ALF Season 1 (1 Viewer)

MattGSmith

Stunt Coordinator
I've finally registered to the forum...
I got my VIDEO STORE magazine today. Lion's Gate will be releasing
ALF: Season 1 on AUGUST 10!!!
Season 1 has 26 episodes. The SRP is $39.98
That's all the info they gave. More to come I'm sure, right Gord? :)

Definitely glad to be here...
Matt

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

So I can finally retire my Canadian Alf Files dvd!!!

This is such great news - I'm heading over to TVTome right now to check the broadcast ep's!!!

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Btw, how many other people clicked on this thread expecting a "when's Alf gonna be released on DVD" post only to be amazingly surprised??

:D

Thanks!

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
HOLY F'IN SHIT!

Pardon my French, but this is one of my holy grails of DVD that I never thought would be released - I thought the Canadian ALF Files disc would be all. Great news, and great first post! :)

And Marco, don't worry - I also thought he was asking if it would be released and forgot the question mark. Glad to be wrong, though. :D

MattGSmith

Stunt Coordinator
I'm glad you are all pleasantly surprised! I left the "?" out off because I wasn't asking about a release, I was posting about one. I know the lingo and do's and don'ts! hehe

I know how you feel Scott_J, your response was mine, literally!
Matt

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
That's the best news today! August is shaping up to be a great month for DVD what with ALF (I never thought it would happen) and the Munsters.

Best start saving my pennies!

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
I can't wait!!!! This is definitely one of my favourite shows growing up. I remember all of the ALF memorabilia I had when I was a kid. lol. I never did pick up the "ALF Files" DVD, and now I'm glad I held off. My favourite episode, however, is the 2-part Christmas one where ALF smuggles himself into a children's hospital to cheer up a dying girl. That one literally tugs at the ol' heart strings.

Anyway, bring them all on!!! I can't wait!

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
Managed to squeeze this one into my July DVD budget, now I'm full the end of August. :frowning:
Great price though, hope the picture quality doesn't suffer as a result (á la Columbia/Tristar), because the "ALF Files" DVD looked surprisingly good.

Chris

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
I haven't thought about this show in years! I will definitely be getting this set when released. My brother thinks I am nuts for wanting this one... but no accounting for taste :D

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Was "Alf" produced by NBC? LG seems to be NBC's distributor (see "Will & Grace").

Cool! "Alf" and "The Golden Girls" announcements in the same day. Can we skip summer and fast-forward to fall? :D

GrantM

Stunt Coordinator
count me as another person who thought a "?" was probably left off the thread title.
Great news!!!!!!

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
This was a great little show. I will be looking forward to it.

How many seasons did it run? Four? Three?

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Four seasons for 102 episodes.

I get giggles just thinking of his run-ins with Mrs. Ochmonek (Liz Sheridan). :laugh:

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Yes! ALF rules! I will definitely buy this. I cannot believe all the TV DVD news in the past two days. What's left to release??? :)

Note: I hope Lions Gate uses a slipcase for these DVD sets instead of treating them like the Saved by the Bell ones.

Tom Rags

Supporting Actor
How many posts before somebody makes a joke about Willy's crack habit? Maybe he can do a commentary from Cell Block C.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abbazabba
Recent bookmarks