What's new

Alexander limited 3-disc, R3, DTS (1 Viewer)

Runar_R

Second Unit
Came across the listing of an Alexander 3-disc set on cd-wow

Special features are still TBC

Movie runtime is stated as being 275(!) minutes....... possibly a typo(?), as the theatrical runtime was 175

Runar_R

Second Unit
Mark,

I noticed that. I believe cd-wow removed the listing the day after I posted this. I read somewhere else (I believe on dvdtalk) that someone had tried to order it, and had their order declined because of it being 'out of stock'.

Strange that it hasn't been listed anywhere else though.....

Runar_R

Second Unit
It's now being listed again, along with some additional info:

Runtime corrected to 173 minutes

Limited Collector's Edition including (TBC):
Limited 2,000pcs available
Picture Disc
Special Package
A Unique Numbered ID with Leather Certification
Postcard Set (4 pcs)

Special Features (TBC):
Over 180 mins features
Theatrical Trailer
Cast Interviews
Soundbites
B-Rolls
Behind The Scenes
International Featurettes
Fight Against Time:
Oliver Stone's "Alexander"

They also list the regular 2-disc DTS NTSC R3.

Release date is May 5th

Sten F

Second Unit
I cannot believe they are making a Limited Edition out of a total failure such as this one. AVP and Phantom of the Opera are others that comes to mind. 9 out of 10 times the Limited Editions are always Box Offices failures. Why? Why? Why?

The only reason for doing this is trying to recover some of the lost ticket sales at the Box Office. Why on earth should we waste our money on this crap. Do they really think we are dumb enough to buy this junk just because they are limted to a certain amount? Heck, no!

Can´t the studios understand that we really want to see some Awsome Limited Editions of the truely great films. The ones you can watch over and over again. That´s what I like to see. I´m sure I speak for many of us.

I suggest you buy 3 DVDs of some great movies instead of this Alexander The Great Movie Mess.

jason:g

Stunt Coordinator

OK, while I hated Alexander at the cinema, and therefore would not buy a Limited Edition of this, I loved Hulk at the cinema and I bought the Limited Edition of Hulk. I haven't seen Phantom of the Opera (2004), but it seems that some people on here like it. There's a Chinese Limited Edition boxset out. I probably won't buy it, though - I have to see the film first before I decide.

Runar_R

Second Unit
Nice to see that Sten F didn't just stop to threadcrap at dvdtalk's forum, but decided to spread his wisdom around.

Suggestion duly noted. Now; can you please go away?

Runar_R

Second Unit

You misspelled Threadcrap.

But don't let me keep you. I'm guessing you're already on your way to add your wisdom to the review-thread of "Phantom of the Opera". God knows it's needed, as they actually HIGLY RECOMMEND that...... what was it you called it again? Oh yes...'box-office crap'.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

No such thing exists on a privately owned forum. Furthermore, your negative opinion has been duly noted in this thread and unless, you have something else constructively to add here, I think it's best that we move on from this thread.

Crawdaddy

Manus

Second Unit
I haven't seen this yet but I've ordered it anyway.
Oliver Stone is one of very few directors trying to communicate with adults these days.Even when he's bad he's better than some. I'm sick of all this PG13 crap that suudenly turns R rated on about its 3rd dvd release and I , for one, won't be buying 3 of them instead .;)

M

Julian Lalor

Supporting Actor
Given that the R1 DVD will be a "Director's Cut" (with Alexander's bi-sexuality toned down, if not eliminated), this may be the only way to see the theatrical cut. It also has a DTS track, which the R1 will not have (as it's a Warners release).

Med

Stunt Coordinator
I didn't see this at the cinema, but I've ordered the 3-disc Ltd Ed anyway...even though I've read many derogatory reviews.

I like much of Stone's work and I think his misfires are often more interesting than some other directors so called hits.

Runar_R

Second Unit
Here's how yesasia describes it:

Disc 1: Feature
Disc 2:
- Trailer
- Interviews
- Soundbites
- B-rolls
- Interntational featurettes

Disc 3:
-Fight against time: Oliver Stone's 'Alexander'

Basically the same as the Scandinavian 2-disc set, with "fight against time" getting it's own disc

Mike_Richardson

Supporting Actor

Huh? Stone is re-cutting the movie not to tone anything down, but to make sense out of his haphazard editing and improve the movie....which quite frankly could use some improvement!

Manus

Second Unit
Crap,
foiled at the very last :frowning: Bloody postal service have lost my copy so I may as well wait for the ' Tricked out comfy-sandals and free sword edition ' :)

M

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks